Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so nervous about my surgery tomorrow. I cannot tell you guys how amazing it has been to be able to read all your posts here on this site. It has helped me so much. I am a mom of two and all I can think of is not coming home to my kids. At the same point the life im living not being able to do much with my kids is just as damming. any positive words or experiences? thanks everybody!!!

I'll tell you how I felt the day before surgery - S C A R E D. I almost backed out the day before surgery and the day of surgery. I think it's perfectly normal. Oh and I was mad the night before - like angry. Angry at myself for letting my weight get out of control. It was weird - that emotion came from no where! I can laugh about it now, but it scared me when I was going thru it. (My surgeon gave me a pass for dinner the night before surgery - No restrictions, go out and have a great time. What the heck - after a two week liquid diet? So the hubs and I had an awesome dinner together and celebrated - it will go down as one of my favorite meals and it had nothing to do with the food.)

Here's what I did - I kept thinking about the reasons I wanted the surgery in the first place. I thought about my husband and son and how I wanted things to be different at home. I wanted to be an active participant in my own life. I wanted my husband to have a true partner in life, not someone he had to take care of. I wanted my son to have a fun mom that was full of life, not someone that watched everything from the sidelines.

I also spent a lot of time on this forum - it's helpful to read what others are going thru.

So, best of luck to you tomorrow - you'll do great. It will be over before you know it. Walk as much as you can - I paced around the condo until I felt like I could walk outside. Walking will help you recover quicker and will help dispel that gas they pump into you during surgery.

You got this!!!!!

Edited by McButterpants

Best of luck to you. If you get worried about anything after surgery, come back and ask questions, your friends here will make you feel so much better. :)

Thanks guys. I am actually having surgery at the hospital I used to work at so I hope that they will just let me go about and do my own thing since I know where everything is.

Thank you so much. That is EXACTLY how I feel.... except i didnt get a free pass for dinner LOL. But everything else is the same. I really needed to hear (read) that!!

Keep us updated on how things go tomorrow!

Wish you well and prayers are with you. It will be fine

Hey guys. Surgery went well. Laying in bed all loopy like LOL. there is pain at one spot on my belly but no where else really. I have been tolerating Water well. and can drink 1 oz every 15 minutes. I AM SO DRY. my mouth is ssssoooooo dry. I never had to get the cath which I was thrilled about but I havent been able to pee yet... my body wont let me I have a few more hours to try before they cath me :-( surgery only took only an hour. I have to stay 2 nights so I get to leave sat morning/afternoon.

I want to thank everyone for all the thoughts and prayers they worked!

You are doing great! Keep on drinking. That and the IV, and soon you will HAVE to pee!

Glad you feel good.

Great job! Keep sipping that Water. Are you able to walk yet?

Hang in there!! The first 24 hrs was the WORST PART EVER. It gets better, I promise. You are doing great!!

I'm scheduled one week from today and I'm scared. I'm excited too, and generally not having cold feet, but it seems surreal that this is gonna happen. Keep posting so I can follow you. Glad things have gone well and I hope you can pee soon!

Yes I was walking around yest in my room. But this morning I was up bright and early and walked the halls for 15-30 mins. I did it until I was tired. Walking makes me feel so much better. I have a killer headache from clenching my teeth so much for pain of getting in and out of the bed. Thats the hardest part of this whole thing... the damn bed LOL Today I start taking my pain meds by mouth which makes me happy the iv pain meds make me super sick to my stomach. I haven't "tooted" yet LOL I have to do that before I leave so I keep walking hoping it moves the gas around.

Any other words of advice ladies?? Thanks for keeping tabs on me Mcbutterpants!!

You'll feel better once you've tooted! LOL.

Just keep walking - that will get things moving. Walking and sipping - that's what the new day or so will be about.

BESY WISHES