Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you move to puréeds? Did you continue losing weight? I'm terrified I won't continue to lose weight?? What was your go to puréed recipe...... Help

Leo,

My dietician said to be careful with Beans bc they cause gas, did you find that to be the case?

They haven't caused me any problem. I only ate them a couple times a week. My surgeon also recommended Wendy's chili. You can either chew chew chew or put it in the blender. He said he lived on that when he had his surgery done. Also sprinkled some cheese on for some extra Protein. I did that on the Beans and chili.

Oh and the weight. I did hit a stall when I started on the puréed foods. I have also sprained my ankle so my movement is very limited.

I started the puréed stage 10 days out, scrambled eggs, refried Beans, yogurts, chili and Soups. I'm a little over a month out and still dropping, making sure I get my Proteins and Water in

I also forgot to add to the list of puréed foods tuna and chicken salad.

Fullofit, could I have your chicken salad recipe? I love chicken salad??

I had my surgery this past Wednesday so I'm 5 days post op. I am experiencing that "why did I do this" feeling and I've been feeling hungry the past two days which have me fixated on food & all the junk I'm craving right now (ie. French fries and a burger) .. Have any of you experienced a feeling of hunger a few days after post op like I an right now... I'm in complete torture... I can't wait for the purée stage so I can at least have some squash and mashed potatoes (to curb my starch craving)

I'm at your exact stage. I had mine on Wednesday, too. I am having a hard time getting all the Water in even though I'm really trying. I've been feeling terrible hunger pangs since the surgery. I am also looking forward to the puree stage. To add to the torture, I've been watching cooking shows. I need to stop the torture. I've got a lot of food allergies and won't be able to eat things such as eggs so I'll be really limited on the puree stage. I'll figure it out, though.

I had my surgery this past Wednesday so I'm 5 days post op. I am experiencing that "why did I do this" feeling and I've been feeling hungry the past two days which have me fixated on food & all the junk I'm craving right now (ie. French fries and a burger) .. Have any of you experienced a feeling of hunger a few days after post op like I an right now... I'm in complete torture... I can't wait for the purée stage so I can at least have some squash and mashed potatoes (to curb my starch craving)

What you guys are feeling is stomach acid. I thought it was hunger also until I started reading some posts on this board. My Doctor started me on prilosec which he told me I should have left the hospital with. It will soon pass. Are you all on anything similar to Prilosec?

When did you move to puréeds? Did you continue losing weight? I'm terrified I won't continue to lose weight?? What was your go to puréed recipe...... Help

I went to pureed on day 21 post op, per my surgeons instructions. I didnt skip a beat on weight loss. 2 months out and I still never go more than 3 days without seeing some sort of loss.

My more frequent foods during this period was:

Egg Beaters, cooked on medium heat using non stick spray, I made sure they did not brown as they stiffen up a bit. Small bites and they were great and easy on the stomach. I either made 1/3 to 1/2 cup or 1/2 packet or instant grits and 1/4 cup of the egg beaters. After cooked I put the eggs on top of the grits so the moisture of the grits slightly softened the egg beaters.

Canned chicken, tuna and hard boiled eggs with kraft non fat mayo. Puree them in a food processor. I added various things to them, Pickle relish(just a little) , lowrys seasoning, mustard. Even a little hot sauce in the eggs (yum)

Lite, low cal Soups ran through a blender.

One of my favs was ground turkey cooked well, drained and ran through a food processor so it was very tiny bits. Mixed in some low fat re fried Beans and salsa. Just make sure there are no chew able pieces.

With all this I ALWAYS use my scale. 4 to 5 ounces maximum. I was very anal about this is for the most part I still am. If it goes slightly about 5 ounces I pull some out. If its not on my plate I dont miss it. And if I go over I always regret it because I feel like crap when I eat too much.

I'm at your exact stage. I had mine on Wednesday, too. I am having a hard time getting all the Water in even though I'm really trying. I've been feeling terrible hunger pangs since the surgery. I am also looking forward to the puree stage. To add to the torture, I've been watching cooking shows. I need to stop the torture. I've got a lot of food allergies and won't be able to eat things such as eggs so I'll be really limited on the puree stage. I'll figure it out, though.

Yes stop the torture!!!! Is it just me or is tv purposely putting fast food commercials every other commercial ugh...

What you guys are feeling is stomach acid. I thought it was hunger also until I started reading some posts on this board. My Doctor started me on prilosec which he told me I should have left the hospital with. It will soon pass. Are you all on anything similar to Prilosec?

Yes I heard that acid can be mistaken for hunger but I have been taking Prevacid and I still feel hungry

I moved to purees at week 2. I haven't experienced any stall. I focus on getting all my Protein in, keep my calories low and drink my fluids.

Some things I live on:

hummus

refried Beans with cheese

laughing cow cheese (tons of flavors)

sharp cheddar sticks (I prefer them not super cold right out of the fridge, so they are super soft)

tuna salad

chicken salad

aloette chese (soft, spreadable)

eggs - scrambled or fried soft. add in a little cheese for Protein

baked ricotta