Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Talk me off the ledge!

Husband has friends over for the World Series. Ate a piece of cheesecake tonight and now I want a brownie! I am freaking out! Almost 5 months out and I can eat anything! And I feel like I'm losing control!!

Get some hard candies to suck on. Go sit outside for a minute and take a deep breath. You can do it. It only takes 5 min to break the mind set.

Stop with the cheesecake! That brownie is not worth all of your hard work and strong resolve that you have had. The cheesecake can be occasional treat but you can't go further. You are asking for us to tell you to stop and I am doing that for you. In addition you just might find yourself getting sick as a dog consuming all that sugar. Put the treats out of your reach and tell your husband to not let you have any more. Good luck!! :)

I keep sugar free choc pudding and fat free readiwhip in the house. Just what I need to feel decadent

Stop stop stop and REGROUP. Sugar is an addiction and I happen to be an addiction counselor. :)

Walk away. Go brush your teeth. Have a glass of Water and chew a piece of gum.

Then, realize that a slip does. NOT have to turn into a full blown fall! You ate the cheesecake. It's done and you can't change that but you CAN change the thought of the next meal you will have.

2nd chance, beach lover and alwayshungry, thank you so much! Yes I needed some tough love! I AM a sugar addict!! One little bit sends me over the edge. Alwayshungry, I would love to know some of the things you know I have lost 69 pounds in almost 5 months but I have not conquered this addiction. So disheartening.

I agree with everyone else here, don't have the brownie, you had the cheesecake and the carbs just make you want more bad carbs. If you feel like you must eat something grab some dense Protein, i bet you can't eat a lot of that, it's what causes our restriction, carbs tend to be sliders so of course you can eat more of them. Then do what the others here have suggested, brush your teeth, go outside, or just watch the game, get your mind off the bad stuff and the urges will pass. oh, and for shock value log the calories from the cheesecake into MFP.

Husband has friends over for the World Series. Ate a piece of cheesecake tonight and now I want a brownie! I am freaking out! Almost 5 months out and I can eat anything! And I feel like I'm losing control!!

My husband and his buddies are knee deep in Chinese food and I am trying make weight for next week to get approval. I'm going to bed! Lol

2nd chance, beach lover and alwayshungry, thank you so much! Yes I needed some tough love! I AM a sugar addict!! One little bit sends me over the edge. Alwayshungry, I would love to know some of the things you know I have lost 69 pounds in almost 5 months but I have not conquered this addiction. So disheartening.

Hello my name is Kelli (Beach Lover) and I am a carbaholic! It is an addiction just like alcohol and we have to recognize it for what it is. I have learned this about myself and I know that I have to stay away from the darn things. Don't be surprised if you spend the next 24 hours cravings all kinds of stuff!! Ignore the cravings so it will back off. Few carbs only good ones! This is my biggest strategy for losing and maintaining once I get to that point. You did terrific for calling on help you knew you were weak so you took action! Good for you that is a victory in and of itself!! Be proud of that and hide the brownies!! :)

Edited by Beach Lover

TJL, thanks so much! I logged it in MFP. My worst day since my surgery. Drinking 0 calorie SoBe life Water now. Sweet and giving me that full feeling. I'm better now. This is such a great community. No one else would understand!

Wags it takes time to get over addictions and then again I don't know if you ever really do. First of all don't beat yourself up over the cheesecake but I agree stop and regroup. Trying looking at your before pics and remember why you decided to take this journey in the first place. You can do it!! :D

My husband and his buddies are knee deep in Chinese food and I am trying make weight for next week to get approval. I'm going to bed! Lol

Good idea - going to bed! :-)

Kelli, me too! Thank you so much for the advice about what to expect in the next 24 hours. I really appreciate that! This is a great strategy for me, because I can't stop once I start! And I have that nasty old "all or nothing mentality"!

Edited by Wags

Wags it takes time to get over addictions and then again I don't know if you ever really do. First of all don't beat yourself up over the cheesecake but I agree stop and regroup. Trying looking at your before pics and remember why you decided to take this journey in the first place. You can do it!! :D

Yes! Before pics! Great idea! They are awful :-) thanks for the advice!

Hello my name is Kelli (Beach Lover) and I am a carbaholic! It is an addiction just like alcohol and we have to recognize it for what it is. I have learned this about myself and I know that I have to stay away from the darn things. Don't be surprised if you spend the next 24 hours cravings all kinds of stuff!! Ignore the cravings so it will back off. Once you have done this the cravings should back out. This is my biggest strategy for losing and maintaining once I get to that point. You did terrific for calling on help you knew you were weak so you took action! Good for you that is a victory in and of itself!! Be proud of that and hide the brownies!! :)

I'm a carboholic too...I think imma hafta follow your advice b/c the last two days I've been craving/eating carbs and I've been soo good about avoidin them up til now:( so thanks - even though I'm not the OP, you've helped me too.