Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be two weeks post op tomorrow and I'm nauseated a lot. Everything has gone really well for me. Totally by the book with no real problems. I am just tired and nauseated constantly. It's especially worse while and after a Protein Drink. They told me to drink slowly so I've been taking over an hour to get in one Protein drink. Even after just the first few sips I feel the need to vomit (I never do.). Then when I finish the drink I stay nauseated for 45 min to an hour. If I did the ounce every 15 min rule it would take me 3-4 hours to finish it. I can imagine trying to stomach it for 3-4 hours. Already I'm nauseated all through out the day. Anyone else feel like this? I hate to whine but I'm so tired of feeling sick.

Ask your doc for nausea meds - they really help

Ok I go back to work Monday and other than the nausea I feel ok to go back. I'm just worried about being sick all day.

I stayed nauseated for about 2-3 months. Then one day I woke up and my body said ok we are done with that. I tried zofran and it did not work. My doc gave me the scapolimean patch and phenergan and I took the phenergan about 30 min before I ate and it was a little better.

I have some phenergan they sent home with me but its absolutely disgusting makes me vomit trying to get it down

some people experience a stricture early on...I've had 2 and I'm 2 months out. you should call your surgeon

But everything goes down fine, nothing stuck, I'm just constantly sick feeling.

Today me too!!! Started drinking Protein shake

Halfway done got nauseated and lightheaded

Took. Nausea med

Just now got to eat chicken salad nausea gone

Hope y'all feel better

Godspeed

Today me too!!! Started drinking Protein shake

Halfway done got nauseated and lightheaded

Took. Nausea med

Just now got to eat chicken salad nausea gone

Hope y'all feel better

Godspeed

Im going to be a month out on the16th. I'm overwhelmed and I'm having buyers remorse. I new it was going to be tough but emotionally I don't think I was ready. I keep burping and with every burp I feel nauseated. I was fine up until two days ago. I want to cry so bad! This might sound like a dumb question but is this reversible?

Im going to be a month out on the16th. I'm overwhelmed and I'm having buyers remorse. I new it was going to be tough but emotionally I don't think I was ready. I keep burping and with every burp I feel nauseated. I was fine up until two days ago. I want to cry so bad! This might sound like a dumb question but is this reversible?

I believe it is reversible technically but very complicated and rarely done. From what I understand you will not ever be EXACTLY the way you were before. I am suffering from the same stuff. I thought I was prepared but nothing prepares you for this. It's very tough. I will pray for you tonight.

I have been sick 24/7 since i got the surgery. I am two months out. I have had 3 ct scans and two endoscopys with dialation and am going on my third tomorrow and will continue to get thwm every week and half until im able to eat. It sucks when ur miserable and in the bathroom dry heavinf or throwing up every hour or so :( i feel ur pain ladies. It is slightly relieving to know im npt the only one sick and i have yet to meet someone or talk or chat with someone who regrets the surgeru later on which means this wont last forever. My surgoen said he has very few patients who dont say they regret this thw first few months. Lets all try to think positive i know ita hard im righr there wirh ya!

I spent 9 1/2 months nauseated and vomiting when I was pregnant, so this can not be any worse than that! Of course my surgery isn't until March 5...so I will have to get back to you about regrets. Good luck everyone, I pray you will feel better and be able on eat soon!

I believe it is reversible technically but very complicated and rarely done. From what I understand you will not ever be EXACTLY the way you were before. I am suffering from the same stuff. I thought I was prepared but nothing prepares you for this. It's very tough. I will pray for you tonight.

Thanks so much Jessica. I brokendown to my roomate and I just wish I could fast forward to the feeling better part. :(

Vachick i had horendis pregnancys with both my son and twins. I was on iv fluids every other day with my twins and hospital the last few months... I can honestly say this is worse. Its a different kind of sick and a pain... For me anyway. Everyone is different though. I hppe everyone feels better as well and good luck to those still waiting to get the surgery! Good part is... I dont miss the 59lbs ive lost in two months ;)

Burping from extra air or gas seems to some of the patients posting. Did u ask dr about what anti gas and nausea med you can take? Over the counter? I have drops and under tongue meds ready to go..... It only lasts until your body adjusts.... Has anything changed in your eating practices in the last two days from prior?

Good luck and God bless