Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is nice to have a friend on here to get the support, but chances are if you just had surgery a few months ago, you are not an expert. I am 4 months along and my routine and things that work for me are mot exact to the doctors sheet. Just like our lives before were nowhere near dictors guidelines. Just remember this as you stand on your soap boxes of right and wrong. Every plan does not work for everyone, just like all doctors are different in their plans. I think if we concentrate on support and not telling each other that they are right or wrong, it is more helpful. Example. Many of us are told no fruit. Do you know that I have rapidly list weight from adding oranges to my diet? Your routine may not match someone elses but that does not make them a failure or you an expert. We are on our own journey. Leave judgement at the door

To prove your point, my doctors list includes soft fruits (with no peels) after just a couple weeks...also crackers....while he wants us to focus on Protein he realizes that fruits, veggies, and grains have nutritional value and he includes them (in moderation) early on post-op. I was reading a reply the other day from someone asking if she could have crackers x weeks post op and ended up getting a lecture on how inappropriate crackers are for her and se needs to follow her doctors guidelines.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 251, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 251

To prove your point' date=' my doctors list includes soft fruits (with no peels) after just a couple weeks...also crackers....while he wants us to focus on Protein he realizes that fruits, veggies, and grains have nutritional value and he includes them (in moderation) early on post-op. I was reading a reply the other day from someone asking if she could have crackers x weeks post op and ended up getting a lecture on how inappropriate crackers are for her and se needs to follow her doctors guidelines.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 251, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 251[/quote']

Read the same thread and didn't hear a lecture at all. It's all about us sharing what works for us. I'm almost a year out and by no means an expert but do like to share what works for me.. If people don't want the input then don't ask. This site used to be so positive and it has gotten so bitchy and negative that I can't even stand to read some of the posts sometimes. All any of us can do is research research and research!!

Wow I feel like the girl that walked in late for the party. Not sure what happened, but I have always felt most of us are positive. My doctor seems to be very easy going with guidelines, and I think it is so interesting that there are so many different opinions on this surgery and after care. I also know that I am by no means an expert and learn knew things everyday as my body changes and heals. I am 8 months post op and what I do today is very very different from 1 month post op.

Good grief I hope no one ever took a post of mine like that. I am surely no expert. I screw up Dailey. However I saw a post yesterday from a person who was eating a "no no" item. I was do mad because this same person ripped another member a new bum for eating almost the same item about a month ago. I was furious but I will not argue with people. We all struggle. We all have different plans. I'm allowed fruit and whole grain toast in small amounts after Protein. Some are not. I ate a piece of brownie yesterday. Another member ate a cupcake. No judgement please. We all have bad days. We need to support and encourage.

Ok I'm done.. :-)

I ate a piece of brownie yesterday. Another member ate a cupcake. No judgement please. We all have bad days. We need to support and encourage.

Ok I'm done.. :-)

Bad brownie eater BAD!!!!! We should flog you with brownies!!! The ONLY time I really get annoyed on here is when someone is talking about trying this and that after having specifically been told by their doctor that this and that isn't allowed, complains about being too busy or tired to exercise, them gripes because they haven't lost weight in 3 weeks. THAT makes me want to jab my eyeballs out!!!!

You should read the lap band boards....OMG talk about judgmental know it alls. It's Krazy!!!!

I know what you mean. It does get old when people complain about no weight loss when they have lost a lot' date=' but are sabotaging with cakes and soda[/quote']

Mmmmm cake.....

Mmmmm cake.....

mmmmmmm anything food I havent eaten in 3 weeks.

mmmmmmm anything food I havent eaten in 3 weeks.

Bless your heart....I start liquids Monday so I'm celebrating with something special 'one last time' for dinner every night....forcing myself to do a shake for Breakfast just to get my gut used to them, so far, my gut ain't happy!!!!

When do you get soft foods added????

Bless your heart....I start liquids Monday so I'm celebrating with something special 'one last time' for dinner every night....forcing myself to do a shake for Breakfast just to get my gut used to them' date=' so far, my gut ain't happy!!!!

When do you get soft foods added????[/quote']

I think for me it was week 2 or 3

I have learned to not stress even over what my doctors say. He told me to only eat 3 ounces 3 times a day, well I didn't lose weight for 2 wks and my nutritionist said I wasn't getting enough calories. I think everyone's bodies are different and we can only find out for ourselves what works best for us. I like to hear everyones advice and see what is working for everyone but I agree that noone should be negative or talk like they are experts. We all started in the same boat and should help each other not to sink......

Bad brownie eater BAD!!!!! We should flog you with brownies!!!

Please flog me with brownies!! LOL

Rem. the floggings will continue until morale improves! :o

I recently saw someone complaining that someone was cheating with mash potatoes. The nutritionist had them on our list. We were told no straws or carbonation...until 6 months. Some programs say never again...who knows?

I recently saw someone complaining that someone was cheating with mash potatoes. The nutritionist had them on our list. We were told no straws or carbonation...until 6 months. Some programs say never again...who knows?

Im 2 years out and mashed potatoes go down ok a little rough but just make sure there bland!! My doctor said they were fine but we all have different expirences!