Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One of my 6 incisions has opened up I'm freaking out a little! Has this happened to anyone else?

How much is it open? you should prob call your doctors office. If it is one of the smaller incisions, it might be ok. you can get steri-strips at the drug store and put a couple of small tapes across it to hold it closed. If it is gaping open, more than a centimeter or so, bleeding, leaking pus, or have a fever, please go to the doc.

One of my 6 incisions has opened up I'm freaking out a little! Has this happened to anyone else?

You should go see someone before it gets infected!

3 of mine opened pretty wide and deep 10 days post op. I kept them clean, dry, no band aids, and kept a close watch for infection. They healed on their own in about 4 weeks. Don't close it with steri strips because it could trap bacteria in there.

3 of mine opened pretty wide and deep 10 days post op. I kept them clean' date=' dry, no band aids, and kept a close watch for infection. They healed on their own in about 4 weeks. Don't close it with steri strips because it could trap bacteria in there.[/quote']

Thank you!! That's what I was planning on doing.

2 of mine opened a few days after I got home. I washed them in the shower each day and when I checked in with my PCP he wanted neosporin on them twice a day. I did that for a few days until they got scabs and then I just left them alone. (Continued washing) and they're fine now at 5 week. Completely smooth.

Hi I'm am eight weeks out and none of my five incisions opened but one looked like it wanted to give me a problem at two weeks out but i made sure it was clean and dry applied a small amount of neosporin and a Water proof Bandaid. Only by the brand Bandaid cause the others won't work. Good luck

My incisions from the sleeve didn't open but after 1 of my c-sections my incision came open. It was big. Went to doctor and we just kept it clean and dry and eventually healed up on its own :)

My incisions from the sleeve didn't open but after 1 of my c-sections my incision came open. It was big. Went to doctor and we just kept it clean and dry and eventually healed up on its own :)

Oh ok glad it healed.

This just happened to me today. I am 10 days out from surgery and one of my incisions opened up. My surgeon said to put a bandaid on it and it would heal on its own. The incision is like 2 inches wide and is like 1/2in deep. It kinda is freaking me out. I'm afraid if I wash it that it's going to hurt bad. Any suggestions?

It shouldn't real hurt. The main thing you need to do is to keep it clean and use antibacterial on it if MD says so. If it gets really painful quickly and you see any red area around it that is warm to the touch. You need to go to the hospital, you will have an infection. If caught early it should not be bad. Do not ignore the signs. You have pain from surgery but this kind of pain will come on quickly and be worse then any you had before. Don't bite the bullet go get help ASAP!

Should it be bleeding? It's not heavy bleeding but it is bleeding still

Should it be bleeding? It's not heavy bleeding but it is bleeding still

I have exactly the same problem, my largest incision on my right side near my belly button started bleeding 2 days ago, my surgeon said to keep putting dressings on until it stopped,i went to my dr because I did, nt like the look of it and they took the steri strips off and said just keep it clean and dry, anyway as it was glued I got home and the glue has come away leaving me with a gaping incision also, I have put my own steri strips on it to try and close it because I dont want a thicker scar than needs be, I am off to A+E now to see what the drs st hospital suggest. Goodluck sorting yours out too.