Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there such thing? Went to my doc last week and she said I was loosing to fast and didn't want me to "fall off the grid". My Vitamins and blood work came back great. I have mixed feelings. I'm happy but I'm also concerned. She also comented ill probobly would be at my goal weight in 6 mths.

I looked at your profile and am guessing you have not updated your numbers.

How much have you lost since May 7?

I personally don't believe there is any correct rate for weight loss, everyone loses at there own speed. If you feel good and your lab work is good, sounds like your doing just fine. Now if you start feeling to weak or having issues then that would be a problem. Good Luck.

If your bloodwork comes back a-ok then I fail to see the problem. Most people find that the closer you get to goal the slower the weight will come off. Your doctor should know better than to say you'll be at goal by x date because that's a dubious assumption. If it happens that would be great though! Keep up the great work!

Fill in some gaps for us...did you discuss calorie intake? Exercise? are you overextending yourself?

If you are eating too few calories, in some way, some how that is going to manifest...you need to be very good to your body now. You are making decisions that will determine your success and well being for the rest of your life.

When we eat too few calories, eventually we are going to feel that, no matter what we have left of our stomach.

kinda fading off point, but still relevant: I read an article from a gentleman that had his stomach and part of his intestine removed after a very bad motorcycle accident, and he was normal weight, never a weight issue, not an excessive eater, not a mild eater, no major habits associated with eating, even - yet he reported being "hungry". His story was a recollection of a journal he kept in the 60's, before the options of how he could feed were as advanced as they are now. His malnurition eventually manifested in his head as hunger. Even if he had no desire to eat, he had a sensation he needed food. His body knew, and the "second stomach" conveyed that information. I think this can happen to us too, if we progress too fast.

EDITED: also, ask the doctor WHY, ask them in detail, ask them to support the information they give you, where you can read what they are conveying to you. We have lost weight but it does not mean we are always aware of what is "going on" in our bodies, let alone yours. There maybe something in your history that makes them say that. Alot of people who are on medications also need to be aware that your mass can affect your meds. But if that is so they should address the need to scale down as you progress, and when to start doing so.

Same thing happened to me. I am 8 months out and i lost 126 pounds. I went from 300 to 175. It wasnt my doctor who was worried it was me. Buying clothes was the worst part about it. I couldnt keep up with the weight loss. I would buy a size to small and then totally skip a size or 2 and have to exchange or get something totally different.Eventually the weight loss will slow down. I am up and down in between 175 and 180 at any time. But only you know what you feel in your body. Listen to the doctor and the lab work but dont stop listening to yourself. The worst thing that i did was listen to everyone else tell me what i looked like and i wasnt loosing to fast and i was fine. That wasnt the case.

Take Care

Had my surgery oct 2012 was 293 down to 160 my Vitamin D is low but other than that everything get no longer need my diabetes med listen to your body and make sure you are getting your Protein my weight loss has slowed now

Thanks guys. Well as far as my nutrition. I don't really count calories or count protien many carbs. I was all stressed at the beginning it was taking a toll on me. I eat very very tiny portions. Why I'm not sure. And I don't want to push it. Anyways my doc said to stop counting and eat 3-4 times a day and 1 shake aday. I cannot eat 4 times a day 3 is pushing it. She said just eat protien anything high in protien. Stay away from carbs and for me sodium is not my friend. So I follow her advise and I quit stessing. And it has helped a lot.

Oh and I do exercise 5 times a day. Cardio mainly

Eating very very little and exercising 5 times a day? This does not sound healthy at all. You must get in the Protein and maybe you need to talk to someone about your attitude to food.

Wishing you well.

Aww how I wish that was my problem. The only thing I'm loosing too fast and too much is my hair. How much have you lost since the surgery. I was sleeved June 1st.

Aww how I wish that was my problem. The only thing I'm loosing too fast and too much is my hair. How much have you lost since the surgery. I was sleeved June 1st.

Started really bad this week..:-(

I cannt tolerate a lot of stuff. Its not that I don't like it its that my sleeve doesn't want it. Lol. But yes I will talk to some one. I do have a nut. And I have tolder her everything she said it was ok. But u know when you have a feeling. I might just ask for a second opinion.

I'm also loosing a lot of hair. I feel like one day ill wake up and just be bald. I'm a mth out of hailoss. I'm surprised I haven't gone bald already.

I'm also loosing a lot of hair. I feel like one day ill wake up and just be bald. I'm a mth out of hailoss. I'm surprised I haven't gone bald already.

I know, that's my fear. I think I can see baldness in the front . Don't know why but my grays hairs don't fall out, lol .