Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went to the dr today for a weight management class. With my insurance we have to have 3 months of weight management classes. Ok...my husband is going to have the surgery as well...so when they gave him his paper work he had like 4 classes. So I was like we only need 3 for our insurance. So I asked them about it today when I went for my 2nd class. The lady told me she was going to check on it and get with me after class. So she comes to me and tell me that Aetna has changed there policy. Aetna took away there loa or something like that (it deals with the cost)...whatever it is, aetna has dropped the office we go to, off that list of meeting that qualification and because they did that we have to do 6 weight managements instead of 3...so my surgery went from October to the end of November or sometime in December....IM REALLY UPSET ABOUT THIS.....

BE BLESSED!!

I would be upset too. But look at it this way. There is a reason for everything, whether you figure out that reason or not. God does not just change things for no reason. He has a plan. I was upset when I learned how long it would be before I could get the surgery. But in the end, I was happy with it. It gave me enough time to really come to terms with what I was about to do. It gave me time to truly prepare.

I kept reminding myself that God has a reason, when I finally understood, I was glad.

Your turn will be here before you know it. In the meantime, keep praying, stay engaged with the program and remember patients. :)

I too am required by insurance to do the 6 month management program. I will be having surgery either December or January.

I was bummed at first, I could have done 3 months.. but 6 months? I am in my 2nd month now and it is flying by fast. So much to prepare and get ready for.. So much to learn, eating habits and life style.

I would have had the surgery today if I could, but am thankful that I have time to "get ready" for it.

Hang in there and use this time to get ready for a new you!!

I would be upset too. But look at it this way. There is a reason for everything' date=' whether you figure out that reason or not. God does not just change things for no reason. He has a plan. I was upset when I learned how long it would be before I could get the surgery. But in the end, I was happy with it. It gave me enough time to really come to terms with what I was about to do. It gave me time to truly prepare.

I kept reminding myself that God has a reason, when I finally understood, I was glad.

Your turn will be here before you know it. In the meantime, keep praying, stay engaged with the program and remember patients. :)[/quote']

Yes are are right!! It would not have been so bad if I knew from the start it was 6 months but I was told 3 months...but ur right God does everything for a reason. Thanx

BE BLESSED!!

My program was 6 months. Then it took another 6 months to get a date due to the surgeons being so booked. During that time I was able to tackle things that I was not able to get done during the first 6 months.

Specifically, I worked on losing more weight, tackling head hunger, sipping, timing meals, planning meals, building my leave at work, etc. It also allowed me to get my immediate family on board prior to surgery so that post-op I could recover and not have to explain every little thing to my kids.

It was something I was very unhappy about at the time, but grew to love and appreciate.

Be thankful your insurance pays anything. Mine doesn't even give me the option, so I'm self pay. I could have surgery tomorrow if the money fairy showed up tonight. But instead I've spent more than a year saving $$$ for my surgery and still have about 6 months to go, so like the others posters already said, thank God for your blessings and use the extra time preparing for your life changes.

I too am required by insurance to do the 6 month management program. I will be having surgery either December or January.

I was bummed at first' date=' I could have done 3 months.. but 6 months? I am in my 2nd month now and it is flying by fast. So much to prepare and get ready for.. So much to learn, eating habits and life style.

I would have had the surgery today if I could, but am thankful that I have time to "get ready" for it.

Hang in there and use this time to get ready for a new you!![/quote']

True!! I will use this time to play around with the Protein shakes. Hopefully I can find a few I can deal with. Thanx!!

BE BLESSED!!

Be thankful your insurance pays anything. Mine doesn't even give me the option' date=' so I'm self pay. I could have surgery tomorrow if the money fairy showed up tonight. But instead I've spent more than a year saving for my surgery and still have about 6 months to go, so like the others posters already said, thank God for your blessings and use the extra time preparing for your life changes.[/quote']

Oh wow...I'm happy but I was just a little upset when she told me because I wasn't expecting that but God has it all under control. Im ok now..it was just that moment!! Thanx and I wish u many blessings on your journey.. keep me posted on your surgery!!!

BE BLESSED!!

My program was 6 months. Then it took another 6 months to get a date due to the surgeons being so booked. During that time I was able to tackle things that I was not able to get done during the first 6 months.

Specifically' date=' I worked on losing more weight, tackling head hunger, sipping, timing meals, planning meals, building my leave at work, etc. It also allowed me to get my immediate family on board prior to surgery so that post-op I could recover and not have to explain every little thing to my kids.

It was something I was very unhappy about at the time, but grew to love and appreciate.[/quote']

Oh ok..well maybe I can work on some of those things as well..except the kids part because I have none...YET! But Thanx for the info and encouragement.

BE BLESSED!!

Oh wow...I'm happy but I was just a little upset when she told me because I wasn't expecting that but God has it all under control. Im ok now..it was just that moment!! Thanx and I wish u many blessings on your journey.. keep me posted on your surgery!!!

BE BLESSED!!

Thanks and you too!

Thanks and you too!

Of course!!

BE BLESSED!!

BTW, I found a neat way to help me "kill time" until my surgery and still make me feel like I'm moving forward. Each month I give myself a new life change goal. I started taking a daily Multivitamin. Then I weaned off caffeine. Then I started drinking at least 64oz. of Water everyday. I will eventually add in eating slower and chewing every bite until its mush :) and not eating anything after 8pm, walk a little more each day, etc. so by the time I have the surgery, all these things will already be "old habits"

BTW' date=' I found a neat way to help me "kill time" until my surgery and still make me feel like I'm moving forward. Each month I give myself a new life change goal. I started taking a daily multivitamin. Then I weaned off caffeine. Then I started drinking at least 64oz. of Water everyday. I will eventually add in eating slower and chewing every bite until its mush :) and not eating anything after 8pm, walk a little more each day, etc. so by the time I have the surgery, all these things will already be "old habits"[/quote']

That makes perfect sense!! I want to start excerising but I have djd and arthritis is my lower back and im only 25 yrs old. So it makes it hard for me to do hardly anything. That's another reason I was really looking forward to having my surgery soon. I've been in pain for over 2 yrs. But I think I need to start knocking things off as well. I dont really drink drinks with sugar...I love diet green tea!!! But thanx. This info has really made me feel better about my not so good news today!!!!!!!!!

BE BLESSED!!!

I have Aetna and they required 90 days of nutrition classes/ supervised diet. I finished and they decided that I needed 1 more appt. which seriously was ridiculous... But you jump through the hoops the insurance makes you jump through in order to get what you need. It's just the way it works...

I have Aetna and they required 90 days of nutrition classes/ supervised diet. I finished and they decided that I needed 1 more appt. which seriously was ridiculous... But you jump through the hoops the insurance makes you jump through in order to get what you need. It's just the way it works...

Yep. It's crazy. When I 1st started this journey, that's what I was told 90 days weight management. But it's ok!! How long did it take for Aetna to approve you??