Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was sleeved on July 5. I have lost 16lbs and stopped loosing at week 3. scale has been stuck for over 2 weeks. I've taken measurements and in the two weeks have only lost 4 1/2 inches total. Can't for the life of me figure out why I'm not loosing anymore.

Hi twsport, I did the same thing & when I went for my post surgery visit to my weight loss team, they all said same thing - given I had started losing before surgery & what my body was going through (recovery fro major surgery) & that I was actually still losing (not gaining) WHAT WAS I WORRYING ABOUT!! I was told to relax, my body was probably doing 'catch-up', just to keep moving (very very important) & stick to the eating rules, Oh! and to stop worrying - it will come off! They were right, I started to focus more on getting a serious sweaty walk in every day (killer - I got others to come with me different days just to make sure I had to do it), and I started to lose weight again. So, even though I only lost 2lbs in a 3 week period, overall, I have now lost 51lbs (38lbs since surgery May 27th). It is now so much easier to walk & to enjoy it, people say how well I look, I love my new energy & I really love getting great sleep again. Focus on getting fresh air, on moving, getting enough Protein, take your Vitamins & enjoy yourself - it will happen, trust your body & don't worry about it. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Record everything to be sure you're not nibbling or taking in more fat or sugar than you should. But if you aren't, sooner or later that weight is going to fall off - otherwise every medic on the planet is going to want to study you!

The only other thing I can think of is Fluid retention - which actually gets worse the less you drink. So drink lots of Water (with low cal cordial if necc).

Then relax and enjoy.

At 13 weeks out I'm in a 4 week stall... So working hard to practice what I preach!

The is a week three stall for many of us. It seems to be the body rebalancing. It will pass. It hit me too.

Have you read any of the other 487 posts about stalls?

As I'm sure you'll recall Grouchman, this forum can be a but overwhelming when you're new.

As I'm sure you'll recall Grouchman' date=' this forum can be a but overwhelming when you're new.[/quote']

I'm still new but I've seen them every day

As I'm sure you'll recall Grouchman, this forum can be a but overwhelming when you're new.

All one has to do is read the forum for 3 minutes to find a post on it.

Geez guys if someone wants to ask a question let them. Those of us who don't mind answering multiple times will. If you do then just scroll on by. Sometimes when you're going through this it just helps to reach out and have someone reach back in real time.

Worry Not! This will pass. Just follow the program (really focus on that, especially activiy, fluids and proteins) and DO NOT weigh every day -- it'll just make you crazy. The odds are VERY good that your stomach won't grow back, so you will lose, stall or no stall!!!

Thank you fixerupper. Your words are so helpful. For you guys that want to be jerks, yes I've read the gazillion posts but as fixerupper said I needed some individual confirmation. If you don't like my post then don't reply and or go somewhere else. This is suppose to be a SUPPORT site.

Don't stress too much, I stall for 3 weeks every 3 weeks but at the end of it is always a loss. Good luck with the progress, I'm sure you'll do great!

i was sleeved 12/8/12 .......from 258 - 171.....i stall ALL the time ....in the beginning like the 3 month mark the scale did nothing for 3 weeks ......but i went from sz 20 _16 in no time . your body will lose inches !!! im 8 mos out and have been stuck again for 3 months ........i wondered thru this whole process IS THIS IT?????? but sure enough, the scale WILL move eventually !!!! Hang in there !!!!

before ..12 /12 ..........258 post-47339-13813668528829_thumb.jpg

now 8/13........post-47339-13813668529164_thumb.jpg

dont give up ..........IT WILL COME OFFF!!!!!!!! :):)

Some of these more common topics can be found by searching on the key word. I know there is a lot of information out here. The week 3 stall is extremely common and will pass. I know it is frustrating...I questioned the surgery (since I had the choice of this or the bypass)...I questioned what on earth had I done to myself...I questioned my surgeon... Be patient...as I have posted out here several times...my doc keeps reminding me - this is a marathon NOT a sprint. You didn't get fat overnight, so give your body a chance to lose the weight over time so that you have a better chance of keeping it off permanently.