Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On Week 3 Post Op. Need some help!

Ok, I've been on other threads sharing my experiences and giving my confessions. I really wanna stick it now..

I just hit my 3 week mark. I was sleeved on 5/30.. Right at surgery I weighed 271... I'm at 255 right now and it's kinda sticking right there. It'll go down a couple of pounds then go right back to 255.

I'll admit again, I've been rushing. Externally I feel completely normal and I don't have any pain so I guess I'm trying to go back to the old ways. I've tried pizza by taking small bites and chewing til it's mush, I've tried taking a bite of a chicken sandwich, and so on.... All of which has led me to throwing up and praying to the porcelain gods...

I would have diarrhea and would spit up... It wouldn't be a whole throw up session, but more of spitting up slimy goo of food.

I need to get on track and focused. What types of food were you eating at week 3? Now, I'm a very picky eater... I don't do fish or anything seafood related and red meats are a no go for me.. I'm a chicken person all the way.. But if I can get recipes or food ideas, that would be great. Tell me what your food day would look like.

Also, I've never had heart burn or indigestion, but I'm having this gurgling in my chest, what did you take for that? I still use Carafate...

Also, spare me the lectures... I've had them already... Even got smacked in the back of the head by my mother haha.. :)

Thanks everyone!

I was sleeved on 5/28. My diet is consisting of: Greek yogurt, Protein Shakes, scrabbled eggs, canned chicken (I have added a touch of mayo and mustard or some taco seasoning with a laughing cow cheese melted in). Turkey chili, grilled shrimp, cottage cheese, frozen Greek yogurt popcicles, Protein Shots, PB2, turkey lunch meat with laughing cow cheese and Parmesan crisps to break up the mush!

LMAO moms are the best I adore mine. Protein Shake, my mom made me poulverized chicken vegetable Soup, I eat egg whites may try a soft boiled egg tomoro have a craving, I have heard people had refried Beans with lofat sour creme but im afraid of gas right nowbut you can try. maybe some hummus,oatmeal, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes , mashed broccoli or cauliflower like mashed potatoes taste very good, not too many carbs. Hope it helps just a few suggestions.

On week 3, eating scrambled egg, tuna w/ a lil Pickle Juice, turkey lunch meat, string cheese, Jello sugar free pudding, low fat cottage cheese with a little dole mixed fruit in 100% juice. Gonna make a Soup this weekend with turkey breast, onions, carrots and celery and nonfat chicken broth. No breads, crackers, etc. Using the pudding to get down some of my meds.

My advice is, stay away from white bread, pizza crusts etc. Youghurt, proteinshakes, Soups, proteinbars. Stay away from carbs. You can eat more after a couple of weeks, but 3 weeks post op you should be careful. Good Luck

No lecture? Oh shoot.

If ONE trip to the vomit room did not convince you to get back with your program, what are our comments going to do?

So, one question... you have been sleeved, what's your goal?

I am not intending to judge you or lecture. But help me understand...is pizza on your bariatric guideline? Did your surgeon give you a packet with a menu to follow? At 3 weeks post-op- I was still mostly fluids/ Protein shakes/ greek yogurt and mashed up fruits and veggies. I just don't understand why you would eat food that is not going to help you move the scale downwards. Why did you have the surgery? I think you need to take advantage of psych counseling to help you through this. It really helped me with head hunger. It helped me change my behaviors. Love your self enough--to not try to see what foods you can get away with. Love your self enough--to make this surgery work for you and eat only healthy foods. You have come this far.

I'm a few days post op and I have to be on a liquid diet for 4 weeks! They told me that, if I have issues with a stage to revert back to the previous stage for two to three days.

My friend, I am with you. I did great on my pre-op Protein shake diet. Once I was post op - I thought I would starve to death. The same Protein shakes that were fine before surgery, were making me sick after surgery. I, too, have eaten outside of my official boundaries. I did so due to my Protein need. I have eaten soft scrambled eggs and some moist fish. I mash both up with a fork and eat tiny bites and eat them slowly.

Take a deep breath and do not panic. You can get back on track. You must stay away from carbs....bread in any form is very hard on your stomach.

Get you some baby food fruit or deserts. This has very few calories and will help you craving for something to eat. Today (2 weeks out today), I ate an avocado....just salted it. It was very satisfying. Above all, you must get your protein.

Let me know how you are doing. We can get through this.

My friend' date=' I am with you. I did great on my pre-op Protein shake diet. Once I was post op - I thought I would starve to death. The same Protein shakes that were fine before surgery, were making me sick after surgery. I, too, have eaten outside of my official boundaries. I did so due to my protein need. I have eaten soft scrambled eggs and some moist fish. I mash both up with a fork and eat tiny bites and eat them slowly.

Take a deep breath and do not panic. You can get back on track. You must stay away from carbs....bread in any form is very hard on your stomach.

Get you some baby food fruit or deserts. This has very few calories and will help you craving for something to eat. Today (2 weeks out today), I ate an avocado....just salted it. It was very satisfying. Above all, you must get your protein.

Let me know how you are doing. We can get through this.[/quote']

I love hummus....but what do you dip in it? Just eat it plain?

LMAO moms are the best I adore mine. Protein shake, my mom made me poulverized chicken vegetable Soup, I eat egg whites may try a soft boiled egg tomoro have a craving, I have heard people had refried Beans with lofat sour creme but im afraid of gas right nowbut you can try. maybe some hummus,oatmeal, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes , mashed broccoli or cauliflower like mashed potatoes taste very good, not too many carbs. Hope it helps just a few suggestions.

Hummas plain or mixed in with most anything, from cottage cheese to veggies (mushy veggies)

Cautious warning on the baby food it is loaded with carbs. I thought it would be okay and bought some not realizing the carbs in it until someone warned me. Fortunately I have a 2 month old grandson who can at some point eat them. Stay away from carbs as much as possible they will slow your weight loss down! Optimize the first 6-9 months post op as much as you can. Keep us posted! :)

I eat from ounce cups still but i'm supposed to stay on mushies for 4-6 weeks.

This was today's meals:

• 1oz of hummus
  • 1oz of yogurt (tomorrow I'll switch these. I was craving salty in the am cuz fam was eating bacon)
  • 1oz of ground turkey with mayo and dijon

I get the quantities will increase with time but I can't imagine the food will. I'm not very picky so far I've also had pureed chicken cacciatore. I'm looking forward to an avocado, but being the only person who likes it in the fam I don't want to waste it and i'm saving it for when my quantities increase. Hope this helps bring it back to basics.

Oh, & today I nearly yanked and gobbled a ritz cracker from my 5yr old, so nope, no judgement here!