Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months post op ** NEW PICS**

I am officially 6 months post op tomorrow and i am down 71 pounds.

Starting weight: 256

Current weight: 185

Goal weight: 140-150 (depending on how i look at 150)

I said i wanted to get into a bikini by 6 months.. and honey I did. Didn't say I would wear it... just wanted to get into it! At a terrible stall however. I've not recorded a lost in an entire month. I'm working out every single day (even see my abs starting to form) and the scale just won't move. At first I thought it was Water weight. Now I just have no clue! Anyone have any suggestions on how to jumpstart this weight loss again?!?!? If not, I'm going to have to try the pouch test.

post-46079-13813666882323_thumb.jpg

post-46079-13813666883526_thumb.jpg

I said i wanted to get into a bikini by 6 months.. and honey I did. Didn't say I would wear it... just wanted to get into it! At a terrible stall however. I've not recorded a lost in an entire month. I'm working out every single day (even see my abs starting to form) and the scale just won't move. At first I thought it was Water weight. Now I just have no clue! Anyone have any suggestions on how to jumpstart this weight loss again?!?!? If not' date=' I'm going to have to try the pouch test.[/quote']

You look great! Way to go! Are you measuring yourself? You may just be building muscle and that why you aren't seeing the scale move!

Yea muscle weighs a LOT more than fat. If your eyes are telling you that you're making progress then don't let the scale get you down! Congrats on your dedication and progress! You look great!

You look fabulous! You so need to wear that bikini out and show off your body! I know I would be at the pool/beach/lake every chance I got in my bikini if I looked like that. Good luck with your stall and while you may have not lost any weight recently you do look great! Keep at it!

OMG!!! You look great!!!! You may not have seen the scale move, but your workouts are working. It is probably muscle. Lay off the scale for a couple weeks and see what happens. As grandma says - a watched pot never boils

I said i wanted to get into a bikini by 6 months.. and honey I did. Didn't say I would wear it... just wanted to get into it! At a terrible stall however. I've not recorded a lost in an entire month. I'm working out every single day (even see my abs starting to form) and the scale just won't move. At first I thought it was Water weight. Now I just have no clue! Anyone have any suggestions on how to jumpstart this weight loss again?!?!? If not, I'm going to have to try the pouch test.

That's.................wow......you look great!!! Yeah, you should absolutely wear that in public......smokin'!

I know what you mean on the scale part. I workout 5-6 days a week (since about 3 weeks post op) and the scales have pretty much always moved slow due I think to the resistance training and that I was a fairly low BMI to start with (37-38). The muscle issue is a big factor and causes the scale to move slower, but I hope you don't let that deter you. You will have less sagging skin issues and your body composition will be better even if the scale isn't moving quickly. I'm a year and a half out and still haven't reached goal weight, but I've reduced my body fat % tremendously, and that's more important to me than a number on the scale. But I'd still like to reach goal weight and have about another 9-10 pounds left to go, which I'm working on. But if I never do reach it, I'll still be ok with it because I'm healthier and my body composition has greatly improved. So keep lifting and looking great! You are doing a great job!

:)

You look great! Way to go! Are you measuring yourself? You may just be building muscle and that why you aren't seeing the scale move!

I said I'd try not measuring and weighing myself. But let me tell you, the inches are definitely leaving. Im in a size 12/13 starting from a size 18. I've given away all my clothes. The bikini i tried on is an extra large top and medium bottom. For some reason, my boobies just won't go! But thank you! I have to just keep working at it and stop looking at the scale!

I know what you mean on the scale part. I workout 5-6 days a week (since about 3 weeks post op) and the scales have pretty much always moved slow due I think to the resistance training and that I was a fairly low BMI to start with (37-38). The muscle issue is a big factor and causes the scale to move slower, but I hope you don't let that deter you. You will have less sagging skin issues and your body composition will be better even if the scale isn't moving quickly. I'm a year and a half out and still haven't reached goal weight, but I've reduced my body fat % tremendously, and that's more important to me than a number on the scale. But I'd still like to reach goal weight and have about another 9-10 pounds left to go, which I'm working on. But if I never do reach it, I'll still be ok with it because I'm healthier and my body composition has greatly improved. So keep lifting and looking great! You are doing a great job!

:)

I def think its the working out. The scale isnt moving but muscles are definitely starting to form and flexbility has greatly increased! I'm working out every single day. My body feels awkward if i miss a day. I sweat like crazy, and I'm sore in some area or another every single day so I know I'm definitely building muscle. One thing I do is take a scoop of collagen with my Protein shake every single morning. I honestly believe it has helped greatly with my muscle recovery time, the elasticity of my skin, and the overall glow of my skin. I defintiely see my strength progessing and my body becoming more and more comfortable with working out, but after being overweight for so long, the normal feeling is to think you will never get to goal weight. I am not going to stop until I reach goal weight but it definitely is a roller coaster ride of emotions when your giving it 100% and see no scale victories.. damn that scale!

I def think its the working out. The scale isnt moving but muscles are definitely starting to form and flexbility has greatly increased! I'm working out every single day. My body feels awkward if i miss a day. I sweat like crazy, and I'm sore in some area or another every single day so I know I'm definitely building muscle. One thing I do is take a scoop of collagen with my Protein shake every single morning. I honestly believe it has helped greatly with my muscle recovery time, the elasticity of my skin, and the overall glow of my skin. I defintiely see my strength progessing and my body becoming more and more comfortable with working out, but after being overweight for so long, the normal feeling is to think you will never get to goal weight. I am not going to stop until I reach goal weight but it definitely is a roller coaster ride of emotions when your giving it 100% and see no scale victories.. damn that scale!

I know exactly what you mean about your body being out of sorts on days you don't workout. I'm not sure what collagen is, but if it's helping and is healthy, I say take it. Keep doing what you're doing and don't worry about the scales....you'll be fine! ;)

You look amazing! Great job. I'm a little over 5 months now and have been working out for a month doing intense crossfit and the scale has not moved since then. I'm sure were building muscle and losing inches! But trust me I know how much it sucks to not see that scale move! My trainers tell me that I will get over this stall soon just continue to work out. I'm also wondering if there's anything I can do to speed up the process. I've been doing a strict palleo diet for months now so I'm not sure what else there is to do!!!

I def think its the working out. The scale isnt moving but muscles are definitely starting to form and flexbility has greatly increased! I'm working out every single day. My body feels awkward if i miss a day. I sweat like crazy, and I'm sore in some area or another every single day so I know I'm definitely building muscle. One thing I do is take a scoop of collagen with my Protein shake every single morning. I honestly believe it has helped greatly with my muscle recovery time, the elasticity of my skin, and the overall glow of my skin.

Hey, do you mind sharing more about this collagen? Is it a powder form? What brand and where do you get it? I'm curious bc I was just cleared for exercise yesterday (6wks post op) and am hoping it will help break the stall I'm in (been at 187 for 2 weeks). If collagen will help as I enter this new phase I def want to look into it! You look AMAZING so you're a living testiment that it's worth a shot :-)

Hey, do you mind sharing more about this collagen? Is it a powder form? What brand and where do you get it? I'm curious bc I was just cleared for exercise yesterday (6wks post op) and am hoping it will help break the stall I'm in (been at 187 for 2 weeks). If collagen will help as I enter this new phase I def want to look into it! You look AMAZING so you're a living testiment that it's worth a shot :-)

http://www.amazon.com/Neocell-Super-Powder-Collagen-Ounce/dp/B0011DJ71I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371678809&sr=8-1&keywords=collagen+powder

this is the link to the exact brand i use. You can also get this brand out of GNC but i don't think you'll beat the price. It helps with so many things. I previously had back pain that has subsided since taking, my hair loss has been little to none, and my skin does not sag at all after 70 pounds of weight loss. It will definitely be a lifelong supplement for me.

Wow! U look great and I just ordered me some collagen pills .. And I totally would b rocking my bikini if I were u.. Lol .. That is my goal for next summer I was just sleeved on June 11