Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

**** Always sick, Urrgghhhh!****

Someone please give me some good advice about how to stop feeling sick!

I'm 1 month post op yesterday and I'm on Nexium and am eating very well. I am eating about 600 calories a day, getting about 50g of Protein a day and don't have anything high in fat or sugar. Everything I eat I chew well too but I can't keep anything down:(

*********pLeAsE, SoMeOnE, HeLp Me!**********

Call your surgeon. Excessive vomiting isn't normal. In my surgeons paperwork, he says its not normal to vomit more then 3 times a week.

How big are your portions and how fast do you eat them? Are you full on throwing up? Or just sliming?

I'm 6 months and slime almost everyday. I tend to shoot for 2oz of Protein and am only able to hold down 1-1.5oz. I just Serve myself smaller portions and go from there

How big are your portions and how fast do you eat them? Are you full on throwing up? Or just sliming?

I'm 6 months and slime almost everyday. I tend to shoot for 2oz of Protein and am only able to hold down 1-1.5oz. I just Serve myself smaller portions and go from there

What is the difference between sliming & foaming? I'm 3wks post-op and I've had the foamies 3 times; they last for HOURS and basically kill all my goals for that day because I'm vomiting foam every 15 minutes for hours on end. Are slimies the same thing? Is it normal to have them that far post-op? Just wondering what to expect.

Thanks!

I would call the doc if you haven't already. Some people get strictures or a collapsed sleeve that prevents them from keeping anything down. Good luck to you and I hope you find answers soon!

Same here! I been in the hospital 2 times and I do good they sent me home and I'm back to square 1! I don't know what's going on

You poor thing! I totally understand how you feel. I hope you sort it out soon.

baby the nausea had me by the nipps for 2 weeks until i finally contacted my surgeon and he told me about zofan..........I used it twice and the nausea disappeared....now that i am on the soft food phase...all of the thing that i use to love don't agree with me....yeah it sucks...just try small portions of things and i also use baby spoons....it takes awhile but i am finally keeping things down

More portion sizes are fine but maybe I'm still eating too quick. I chew everything until it nearly dissolves in my mouth but then I take another bite. Is that too quick?

I wait 3 or 4 minutes in between bites typically. Things that are bad for me, of course, I don't have to..but eating chicken, fish, or something healthy & substantial - I have to, or the discomfort is horrible. I hate that you are vomiting/sliming/foaming - I would contact the dr if something just doesn't feel right to you.

Best of luck to you!

I wait 3 or 4 minutes in between bites typically. Things that are bad for me' date=' of course, I don't have to..but eating chicken, fish, or something healthy & substantial - I have to, or the discomfort is horrible. I hate that you are vomiting/sliming/foaming - I would contact the dr if something just doesn't feel right to you.

Best of luck to you![/quote']

Thanks for the advice. Ill give that a try!

Early out Vitamins were the culprit to the nausea I had for two months and it's very common. Try stopping them for a day or two if things seem better, maybe switching brands or change the timing of your dose can help! But do call your dr.

Early out Vitamins were the culprit to the nausea I had for two months and it's very common. Try stopping them for a day or two if things seem better' date=' maybe switching brands or change the timing of your dose can help! But do call your dr.[/quote']

It's funny you say that. I thought the same about the Vitamins so I stopped them today and guess what? No more nausea. Maybe you hit the nail on the head!