Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally got financing worked out to go to Mexico and I am sooooo excited! However it seems like the options for drs/hospitals are endless!! Here are some of the main thing I am looking for in my care.... If it sounds like your experience please let me know!

My husband will be coming with me so accommodations for him are a must.

I would like my own room at the hospital and at the hotel (no recovery house)

Transportation to and from the airport.

A good clean reputation of the Dr and hospital. (I know all surgeons have have had complications of some sort or another but reputations come from repeated instances)

Thank you for any advice and recommendations!

I used Dr. Aceves. My experience was amazing. First night in hotel, preop. 3 nights in hospital. My mom was with me. My room was private. She had to feed herself but stay with me no extra charge. If she opted for hotel over hospital it world have been on her dime.

Dr. Aceves is 8750 out the door for a straight up sleeve. I posted a detailed account on the forum too.

I know I'm considering going to Dr. Aceves at Almater hospital because you stay in the hospital the entire time (3 days I believe) the only thing is he's more expensive than the others.

I'm also having a very hard time deciding. It's between dr aceves and dr Garcia. Garcia operates at florence hospital (not a full hospital like Almater is) and with Garcia you do recover in a hotel after a few days. Garcia is also cheaper. I'm hoping he's only cheaper because he operates in a smaller hospital.

You are overthinking it. Most Doctors and hospital meet your stated criteria. The real question is how much are willing to spend ? You could spend between 4k - 10K . I would ask to consider Dr Illian @ Oasis Hospital, private room accommodation of company, 2 days hotel at fabulous Lecena and he cost about 4K, or you could go with some of the better know doctors. pull the trigger already

Well I have to wait to have surgery until I am done teaching for the school year anyway and I don't feel I am over thinking it as it is my life we are talking about... I was going g to go with a Dr., my friend used but she got a bad infection and had to get parts of her intestines removed and is now in pretty bad shape. I guess anyone could get an infection from anywhere also though. But I have heard some horror stories and want make sure I don't end up anywhere like that. As for the money I applied for 7000 so I would like to stay around nd or below that price.

I used Dr Garcia and I had. Fantastic experience at Florence Hospital. Once I landed at airport the driver was expecting me. They take care of everything. Dr. Garcia takes alot of pride in his work and his choice in his team members. They give you a packet of their contact info in case you have problems later. I even had to email Dr Luna once a month after surgery and he got right back to me. Dr Garcia has a Facebook page too and you can see he is really involved in his work. The rooms at florence have a bed for you spouse and no sharing rooms. His team is fantastic and everyone makes you feel comfortable and at ease . Good luck on your decision and journey.

I used Dr Kelly. Loved him. Olivia, there is nothing Almeter hospital has that Oasis/Florence doesn't in regards to Bariatrics. It is comparable to a small town hospital in the states.

It was between Dr Kelly and Dr Aceves for me. Even if you end up in florence you could spend another night in the hospital for 500 if you wish and still save 2700. That would go for Dr Garcia also, but I wanted the most experienced. I paid $5500 and saved the extra 3k for a vacation June 1 :D

I liked the fact that he served in the armed forces, trained in the States and has almost 7,000 surgeries. The statistics show the more surgeries a surgeon has the less complications are likely.

Good luck with whoever you decide, and make sure they are a member of FACS and the American Society of Bariatrics ect. They have done vigorous research on the Drs for you.

Well I have to wait to have surgery until I am done teaching for the school year anyway and I don't feel I am over thinking it as it is my life we are talking about... I was going g to go with a Dr.' date=' my friend used but she got a bad infection and had to get parts of her intestines removed and is now in pretty bad shape. I guess anyone could get an infection from anywhere also though. But I have heard some horror stories and want make sure I don't end up anywhere like that. As for the money I applied for 7000 so I would like to stay around nd or below that price.[/quote']

It's a big decision to make. I originally chose Dr. Lopez but switched to Dr. Aceves. Dr. Aceves has been a surgeon for 25 years. 19 years in Bariatrics and 15 years in laparoscopic surgery. He's also a proctor for Johnson and Johnson.

I felt very much at peace with my choice and the care I received exceeded my expectations. Plus it's 3 nights recovery in the hospital. A fourth night, I believe at no extra charge... Not a hotel. In case if an emergency...

There are many excellent surgeons in Mx. Do your research.

I don't believe Dr. Garcia is a part of the FACS or ASMBS... I could be wrong though. I think I asked Alma about this a few months back and she said that he is applying to be a member, whether or not he is at the moment, I'm not quite sure. But I agree, being a member of both is definitely reassuring.

You are overthinking it. Most Doctors and hospital meet your stated criteria. The real question is how much are willing to spend ? You could spend between 4k - 10K . I would ask to consider Dr Illian @ oasis hospital' date=' private room accommodation of company, 2 days hotel at fabulous Lecena and he cost about 4K, or you could go with some of the better know doctors. pull the trigger already[/quote']

Pull the trigger already? This is not a car I'm buying. This is major surgery that we are trying to research on the Internet with not knowing who is a real patient and who is a coordinator posing as one. I want to make sure my life is in good hands and that I come through this surgery with NO complications later. This is why I'm researching this to death.

Pull the trigger already? This is not a car I'm buying. This is major surgery that we are trying to research on the Internet with not knowing who is a real patient and who is a coordinator posing as one. I want to make sure my life is in good hands and that I come through this surgery with NO complications later. This is why I'm researching this to death.

I'm a real patient. I've got the scars and the the occasional slimies to prove it! :-)

Me at Almater Hospital.

post-39617-13813665299669_thumb.jpg

post-39617-13813665300511_thumb.jpg

post-39617-13813665301299_thumb.jpg

post-39617-13813665302082_thumb.jpg

post-39617-13813665302751_thumb.jpg

Funny Amanda!!! I got scars too!!!

Hi, I went to Dr. Garcia. I was actually there with cindysc. She and I hung out and still keep in touch. Research until it feels right. If you want you can see my story under prettynpink in Mexico. Message me if I can help. Good luck to you