Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions, Questions?!

Hi everyone!

Can you please tell me if you're hungry sooner with having a smaller stomach?

Are you constantly hungry?

Does your mind finally catch up to the smaller stomach knowing it's full on so little food?

Does your new tummy feel different?

Has anyone not lost weight due to hormones or a very slow metabolism?

Thanks everyone!

Not at all still only eating three times a day

I never get hungry. Supposedly the doctor cuts out the part of the stomach that "feels hungry." I don't know about that, I just know I am never hungry.

My stomach does not feel different at all.

I am not hungry at all. I have to set my phone alarm to remind me to eat.

4months out and rarely get hungry. I don't crave sweets like I did, but I do eat sf Popsicles.

I'm 4 months out and don't get hungry either. I also rarely have cravings. I do miss indulging a big but hate the way it makes me feel so it stops me from even considering it. I love my sleeve.

4 months out and never hungry. They remove the part of the stomach that makes ghrelin. This is the hormone that tells your brain you are hungry. I always envied people that had to remember to eat instead of having food be always present in their thoughts. Now I am one of those people. It's okay most of the time but sometimes eating is a chore.

Thanks my Sleeve Peeps! I'm so excited & nervous and you all are making me feel more excited! :D

Thank you!

At 7 weeks I am never really hungry. I eat when it's meal time and some days (like today) I am a grazer. I try to fight off the grazing urge. Its a mental thing and hard to get rid of. But as far as actual hunger - no

way.

I had my sleeve on March 27. I do get hungry between meals. I try to drink Water when my stomach starts growling. Not sure if it wants food or water, since I am still having trouble getting enough water in. I have broken down and eaten a few Snacks between meals, but of course, I can't hold much. Everyone is different, I guess. Good luck to you. We will make it!!!!! :D

Hi everyone!

Can you please tell me if you're hungry sooner with having a smaller stomach?

Are you constantly hungry?

Does your mind finally catch up to the smaller stomach knowing it's full on so little food?

Does your new tummy feel different?

Has anyone not lost weight due to hormones or a very slow metabolism?

Thanks everyone!

. Hi I am 5 1/2 months post op In the beginning I didn't feel hunger. Now what I feel is empty.... I can eat one bite of Protein and take that feeling away. Of course I eat what I am supposed to eat. Getting to little calories can put us in a stall. So I make sure to get in my 3 meals a day.

My stomach feels the same. It is such a weird feeling when I am eating something I really am enjoying.... And would love to eat more than my normal portion ( 3/4 to 1 cup) of food. But I can't do it my tummy gets full real fast. That is the Beauty of the sleeve.... It is built in portion control!

I can tell you if Feel that empty feeling and have eaten my 3 meals I eat sugar free Jello and bam the feeling is gone. Amazing how often I have mistaken gas for hunger. I know this might sounds crazy to some.... But I have on a few occasions felt intestinal rumbles of gas and thought it was hunger.... Now I can tell the difference. Before I couldn't. Enough rambling! Best wishes to you!

I am 2 months post-op and I do sometimes feel hungry. But more often I feel thirsty. Getting enough Water is a challenge sometimes. I carry Water with me all the time. I sometimes have to talk myself into eating Breakfast in the morning, which used to be my favorite meal. I still love Breakfast foods but can't eat very much and often don't have an appetite in the morning. Hungriest time for me is mid-day and/or afternoon and sometimes I want a little snack before bed. I try not to give in to that urge but I am still me, still love food. However I don't crave sugary things as much but I found I can eat frozen yogurt and frapuccinos easily. So I have to be careful with that. I do count my calories with an app on my phone.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4