Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone. So I am currently 11 days post op ;) Went to see my doctor had a very smooth appointment. Currently down 23 lbs no pre-op diet.

So here's' the issue.. I was previously 283 lbs as of tonight I am 258. I am 5'8. My doctor would like to see me at about 150 pounds. I understand he wants the best for me. With my shape I was thinking maybe 185.

I seen previously someone posted a site that you can see what a certain weight looks like on a certain body frame. Does anyone have the name of that website?

Or is anyone near my weight or goal weight that has pics? I have a long way to go just would like some insight.

Thanks ;)

I really believe your personal goal weight is where YOU feel most comfortable and where you are free of comorbidites associated with extra weight. Go with your gut (no pun intended).

-Kendra

Sometimes when someone has been overweight for a long time the lower the goal sometimes seems unattainable, but so many people actually surpass their initial goals once they start losing large numbers. I do agree though that you have to decide where you feel most comfortable!

JennyBeth...I also agree with u! I have been overweight most of my life and to be given a goal of 150 seems very unrealistic however with my bodyframe I just believe I would look "sick". My head is big! Lol once I get to my goal it would be a better indication if I should continue or maintain. ;)

Ah yes, I also suffer from big head syndrome so I totally understand! If I get too thin I'm afraid it'll look like an orange on a toothpick!

If I get too thin I'm afraid it'll look like an orange on a toothpick!

Bawhahhahahaaha. I'm sure that's not true but man what a mental image.

Hey Everyone. So I am currently 11 days post op ;) Went to see my doctor had a very smooth appointment. Currently down 23 lbs no pre-op diet.

So here's' the issue.. I was previously 283 lbs as of tonight I am 258. I am 5'8. My doctor would like to see me at about 150 pounds. I understand he wants the best for me. With my shape I was thinking maybe 185.

I seen previously someone posted a site that you can see what a certain weight looks like on a certain body frame. Does anyone have the name of that website?

Or is anyone near my weight or goal weight that has pics? I have a long way to go just would like some insight.

Thanks ;)

I am 5'10 in June I was 285lbs. before surgery got to 268lbs. after 2 week preop diet 258lbs. currently 244lbs. I will be 1 month out on the 18th of April. My NUT told me that I should weigh 150lbs. also, I was thinking 175lbs., but I know that I would like to be the farthest away from 200lbs. that I can be. So I am going to try for 150lbs. but I don't want to look like a stick.

Thanks ;)

Im 5'8 as well and my doc stated my ideal weight of 160lbs is not an option or even a goal he thought I would get to around 200 or at the most 180 which is my goal.... I don't ever want to be 160 I know with my frame its too small I would have to get all the skin lifted even my fingers! Lol just as everyone said its a personal goal. Bmi is never accurate because all of our goals are different and when we get to the point of toning muscle weighs more than fat so we can be losing inches and scale isn't moving downward. I say pay attention to inches after a while.

Banded April 1st 2010 323lbs. Band removed 12/11/2012 around 260lbs. Sleeved April 9th 2013 263lbs------Sent from my iPad using VST

To give you an idea, I'm between 5'7 & 5'8, I'm at 195 pounds. (Im attaching oictures as it always helps me to see what someone means) I started at 338 (highest was 358!). I'm 11 months post op, I lost 50 of that pre surgery. My doctor has not set a goal for me. I've lost 80% of my excess weight. I originally wanted to be 145, then I found out my friend who is similar height & looks crackhead skinny, is 145. I changed my goal to 160. I sent from a size 30/32 to a size 12 & size md/lg. my plastic surgeon estimates that after my corset trunkplasty I will be an 8 (or even a 6!). He will be taking 15-18pounds of skin & fat off my stomach. I've been bouncing between 195 & 204 for going on 4 months. I don't know if I will make it to 160. It makes me sad but I think you need to own your goal & what you think is attainable!

I think you will know when you get there, your body will tell you! When you feel healthy & happy, you will know you are there. Just make sure that you get to a point that if you put on 5-10 pounds later that you will still be content, cause that can happen.

post-31248-13813665038234_thumb.jpg

post-31248-13813665038824_thumb.jpg