Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone tell people about their surgery or are you going to drop all those pounds without telling the big secret, reason I ask my sister want to keep her surgery a secret. I really don't care I told my family and friends,

I told a select few... I might tell people after depending on the circumstances . I decided at the end of the day this is my body and my decision, I know if I started telling someone I am open to their negative feels and opinions !

I told a select few... I might tell people after depending on the circumstances . I decided at the end of the day this is my body and my decision' date=' I know if I started telling someone I am open to their negative feels and opinions !

[/quote']

Your so right because when I told a couple of people they was sooooo negative and it pissed me off because she was bigger than me and giving me pointers trying to change my mind and I told her I made my choice and the whole I'm thinking she need the surgery too lol not nice but I was so mad but your right at the end if the day it's my choice and my husband supports me and I'm fine with that.

I'm not telling. When I finally lose what I want to lose, I will tell. But at the moment, I don't want to deal with the negativity

I am telling a select few that i know will be supportive i will probably tell more after i have surgery when their judgement won't really bother me as much. I feel like right now their judgement just makes me start to doubt my decision.

I'm not telling. When I finally lose what I want to lose' date=' I will tell. But at the moment, I don't want to deal with the negativity[/quote']

I can feel you on that, it funny how people judge no matter what you do.

I am telling a select few that i know will be supportive i will probably tell more after i have surgery when their judgement won't really bother me as much. I feel like right now their judgement just makes me start to doubt my decision.

True

I've told a few of the girls in my department. There's only 5 of us. I haven't told my family because their opinions are the only ones that matter to me and I don't want to face any critisism from them.

I tell everyone. I'm a hair stylist and are pretty close with my clients. Being that im going to take off a month of work, i really,dont want to make up a story. Not that that matters, I honestly just tell everyone! I'm proud of my decision and welcome the support. I defiantly understand not wanting to tell everyone though. It is very personal.

There are a couple of really long threads on this topic you could search and get loads of opinions. Look for "why lie?". Anyway - it's a personal decision, but I would recommend if you don't want people to know, don't tell anyone at all except close family. I only told a handful of people, but some of them told others, so now many more people know (at work). Probably more than I realize know.....we have a grapevine there, lol!

I,too, only told a few people. And even then, the long silence afterwards made me a little sorry that I said anything. It's private and personal and very few people understand. But remember this.... Nothing changes if nothing changes. So we need to have tunnel vision and keep on going! They can all pick their jaws up off the floor when we are done!

I considered the opinions of the important people in my life before I made my decision. Once my decision was made, they all supported me, even if they personally had reservations. I did not lie to folks at work etc, I said I had to have a hernia repaired (true) if people notice my changed habits I tell them I am eating high Protein, low calorie to get healthier, (also true). I am not hiding my surgery- it just really is not anyones business....I told those I want to tell, anyone else who has the nerve to ask, does not deserve an answer.

I don't mind sharing with others that I had weight loss surgery. It's not a secret and I'm not embarrassed about my choice. People are going to gossip whether you are fat, thin or normal, I just give them one less thing to gossip about. Lol I have yet to have any negative responses. It's my opportunity to educate the ill informed. From those I have told the responses have been inquisitive and some have requested the surgeons contact information. If I can help someone else just by sharing my story, then I'm happy.

I'm scheduled for Monday. I told my immediate family as well as my in laws I have cautioned my husband to remind his sisters and mother that it isn't to be discussed with other relatives. I'm not interested in the opinions or comments of more distance family and they would offer them. I'd rater not have to spend the energy verbally slapping them. My daughter has lost 100 lbs on her own in the past year, and we've discussed how intrusive people can be. How much did you lose? How much did you weigh before? Some people are really obnoxious and persistent. Is there a reason, people can't just say "you're looking well", and leave it at that? I find asking someone personal questions about their health appallingly rude, but some folks just don't get it.

Did anyone tell people about their surgery or are you going to drop all those pounds without telling the big secret' date=' reason I ask my sister want to keep her surgery a secret. I really don't care I told my family and friends,[/quote']

Hi I'm telling a select few as people tell me I'm not "big", but my BMI is 45!

Well on the way to Diabetes & a heart attack which I don't want and I just can't loose weight. Although I know my whole world will change on 8th March as I need to care for my sleeve and that means sticking to the diet 100%. I think that's the commitment for me that will enable me to loose weight.

To tell or not to tell is always such an individual choice :)