Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my second stall and I am only 8 weeks post op it is extremely depressing to follow all your doctors orders and even change up your daily diet to see what will and will not work for you on the weight loss journey, This will be my third week in a row with no inches off or weight come tomorrow! I am frustrated and angry at it! I gave up every food I loved and I drink my Water and eat between 450-575 calories a day! I even walk every day at least 30 minutes if not more. So please tell me why I have been between 223-225 for the last few weeks? It makes me want to eat the way i use to but who will i be hurting only myself so why bother I did not come this far to be stuck or even be a sleeve failure! I wont give up but I just need to post the frustration and depressing I am feeling right now! As of this Monday I am putting my scale in a closet to keep from stepping on it everyday so this wont be a regular feeling for me I know I am eating right and getting all my fluids in and sooner or later the scale will move again so Bye bye scale! The scale can do more harm then good I tell you!

When I hit a stall I tried eating a little more this normally worked for me and I started losing again. I know that it is hard but try not to get discouraged you will continue to lose weight!

When I hit a stall I tried eating a little more this normally worked for me and I started losing again. I know that it is hard but try not to get discouraged you will continue to lose weight!

Same for me as strange as it sounds...when I stall, I up my calories usually with some good fats like some nuts or avocado. So far its worked every time.

You are doing everything right! And yes get rid of the scale! I wish I could! There are a lot if us slow losers that experience frequent "stalls" you have to just keep on going! We can't give up now right? :)

I was in the same boat. I finally decided to eat a bit more - I am between 800 and 900 calories a day and I have lost 5 lbs in one week. I am down from a size 24 to a 20, almost an 18 and I am feeling better than I have in 25 years. I can't believe the process, and the frustrations.

yes, you may be eating too few calories.. try going to 600 -800 per day more Protein then carbs. i have been around 600 per day but now I am anywhere between 600 - 900.. I lose about 2 - 3lbs a week. I am 3.5 months out.. It is slower loss than most but I am happy with it. The main thing I try to focus on is I am doing this without all of the normal stress.. You know, wanting to eat but ot eating with will power alone.. Such an intense struggle for me.. This has allowed me to eat the 600 - 800 without all the horrible hunger pains I always had before. And knowing I cant eat it that much even if I wanted to has taken alot of stress from me. Hopefully your stall will break soon.

Okay, frustration aside... how do you feel physically? I bet a lot better than you did when you were heavier. Put the scale aside and just take a second to take all of this in. It's not forever, you will lose and you're going to look back at this post and tell yourself "silly girl, if you only knew how great you're going to look and feel very soon!"

Everyone hits the stall stage.. ive heard eating more helps.. but make sure its the Protein first.. I have the same problem.. that maybe im not losing as fast as everyone else.. prolly cuz I dont eat very much.. but im not hungry and its hard with both my jobs... I try.. but im going to try harder..and throw the scale away.. I only weigh at the dr office.. thats too much to worry about.. but like VSGKirk said.. do you feel better with the weight that has come off? I sure do.. give your body some time to catch up.. major thing you did to it.. .. it will all start again.. trust me there... best of luck to you.

You guys are the best, I feel bad for my partner because I just dont want to talk about it shutting her out, Leaving me in a bed bound slump today. I know it will move again I was taking in more it was 600-800 and nothing so I lowered it its like nothing I do works. I know our bodies went through some serious trauma but the lack of weight loss is taking my mental through some serious trauma as well, Heck I would take a pound a week but nothing at all ? I eat 3oz of yogurt for Breakfast Salmon and spinach for lunch and for a snack the other half of yogurt then salmon again for dinner I should be loosing this weight like Water smh I use the rest room all day long feels like every 20-3 minutes i drink so much water so please body respond is how im feeling right now! I hope your right and I can look back at this and laugh at myself for allowing the scale to control my emotions I really do.

I've had the the blah days more than once! I must admit.. My husband was at a loss as to what to do for me. Get up hop in the shower and put something on that used to be tight and enjoy the feeling and the day! :)

Have you had your Vitamin D level checked? My level was extremely low and my endocrinologist said that Vitamin D hides in the fat. She gave me an injection that apparently lasts for 6 months. After a week, it was like a light switch was turned on. I am on top of my game now. Energy and positive attitude like I have never known. Wish I had known this little cure sooner.

No blood work has been done yet but my next appointment is not until the 28th (almost 3 months post op I can only assume that I will do blood work by then... Smh I have some drops Vitamin D drops here but was not sure if I should take them until I knew what my levels were I was waiting on the blood work to see.. Smh this morning I put on 3 pounds smh I am at a lost for words i am loosing it over here I took some Phillips since *restroom use has not been done in 5 days* I thought that maybe that was an issue.. I am just getting more and more depressed.as each day passes. *only me*

Have you had your Vitamin D level checked? My level was extremely low and my endocrinologist said that Vitamin D hides in the fat. She gave me an injection that apparently lasts for 6 months. After a week, it was like a light switch was turned on. I am on top of my game now. Energy and positive attitude like I have never known. Wish I had known this little cure sooner.

Just because I threw five drops in my Water this morning and will do so until i get my blood work done I just want this up and down weight and stall to break this is my second stall in 8 weeks..

UPDATE: I seem to have broken my stall I went as high as back to 228 with the back and forth stall and yesterday the scale went down and today it went down to 223.4 back to my norm thank God now I am hoping within the next two days I drop another pound at least to show my stall is officially over. I have yet to see 222 so once it hits 222 I will feel like im in the safe zone i added another bottle of Water to my intake (making it 4 instead of 3) and also started the Vitamin D drops too , I am trying any advice right now to break this up and down weight loss/ gain/stall I also took myself off the chicken and went back to all fish I needed change in my flavor bad so I went to chicken but all that seem to do was back me up (not to be so graphic) but I seem to be back on track again taking me out of my depression and i am also regulated again in the restroom usage (again not trying to be so graphic) So thank you guys for your support it kept me in a more positive place. I love this site and the positive people on it. THANKS EVERYONE!