Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reality check..... Knee high boots

So for Christmas I got a Nordstrom's gift card. I decided to buy a pair of knee high boots with a circumference of 15 which is what my calf measures, how ever when I got them yesterday it was a no go. I was like an inch short of getting them to fit. This sucks... I'm down about 100 lbs already and I've for 50 more to goal.

Anyhow, I don't know what to do. Should I take them back? Should I keep them and hope they'll fit me one day? I don't think I can get them stretched because they have a zipper, I can prob have a shoe cobbler put elastic in at the ends, but it it worth all of that, and what if it kills the look of the boot. The boots were also $150 so that's kinda pricey to be butchering them. I really conflicted.

Uggghhhh... Thanks for letting me vent guys. It's a crappy feeling because I was feeling like I came so far, and this is really got me feeling like that preop fat girl again...

Take them back they run small if you take a Measuring tape I bet there more like 14 or 13 1/2.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I went to Designer Shoe Warehouse to try to find a pair that would fit after trying on 15+ pairs at Dillard's a month before Christmas and none would zip up. I found ONE pair at Designer Shoe Warehouse that would just barely zip up and were really tight. That was a week before Christmas. I got them.

I have worn them 2x before today so they have not been worn enough to be broken in or stretched.

So about a month and a half has gone by since I got them. In that time I've lost about 12-15 lbs. the area around the calf is now roomy and loose.

I'm 5'3" and ave lost about 63 lbs with 44 to go.

I guess you need to think if you would be wearing them in two months?

Take them back. Also, before I lost weight I had to have my boots stretched and all of the had a zippers. Nordstroms stretched them for me (no charge). However, now they are too big and look sloppy. My advice is to wait until next year to get boots when your weight is more stabilized.

I think you should take them back. If you think about it if they don't fit now and it's February, by the time they fit it will be too warm for them. Then who knows what your calves will measure next Fall/Winter. I know it's discouraging. My calves are super insanely large and I tried on boots a while ago after losing 75lbs and they are still too big for most boots. It sucks, but don't let it discourage you from how far you've come. Eventually you WILL be able to wear boots like those. :)

I'd also take them back. Fallenangel made a great point about where you may end up after the remaining 50 lbs are gone! People often even find that their entire foot size changes. I know my mom lost about 150 lbs went down a shoe size and width.

I'd save that gift card to splurge when you're a bit closer to leveling out.

I agree with others on taking the boots back. Nordstrom has the best retail return policy going. Don't be sad, you might be able to find a nicer pair of boots next year and they might be on sale during Nordstrom's Half Yearly sale.

Why didn't u try them on at the store before u bought them... I don't know about u, but back home there are a couple shoe stores that are specialized in plus sizes, I have been buying shoes there since forever. so when I lost 90 pounds I thought it's time for me to upgrade my style from my sacred slippers to boots. I've been dying to buy boots for years but my feet & calves were always swollen from my weight.. So I tried some regular stores but the sizes were too small, so I went back to MY store and found a pair of plus size black boots that zip up from behind, and they are super comfy. I don't feel bad or anything, I actually feel grateful that I found my size and that I'm like normal people now, and remember the times when I had to wear slipper & socks, even in Winter,

@ teddybear... I didn't try them on because I bought them online. I bought them from nordstroms because that's where I had the gift card.

Thanks guys.. I am going to return them, and I will save the gift card to buy something when I'm closer to goal. I'm going to let this incident motivate me. I just started taking yoga, Pilates and doing c25k. So maybe that'll be my motivation to work out harder.... Going to keep my eye on the prize.

my bad :D

Take them back because basically it's just throwing your money away.....Soon you will be in much smaller boots too and so you wouldn't be able to wear them anyways.......This is such a journey.... :)

I have a problem buying boots on line because I am short - 5 ft - so that boots that are supposed to be knee high end up an inch or two above. What I have been doing lately is going to Norstroms Rack (the discount place, check if they have one near you) or some other place with lots of quality and variety and trying stuff on. Then writing down the price/style and checking on ebay in my size. Cheaper and you know they will fit! Plus it eliminates rash purchases.