Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 weeks post surg before and after :)

Hi everyone! So, I was sleeved on Sept 28 with Dr. Cribbins in Plano TX. Just a recap, I had ZERO pain and ZERO complications and I had a hysterectomy done at the same time! I have never slimed, nor have I ever thrown up (THANK GOD!). I used pain meds while I was in the hospital but I forgot to pump midway through the second night and never needed anything, even while at home. I was at the Texas State Fair one week post op and did just fine. My highest weight ever was 235. I am 5 ft 1 so it was packed on! Pre-op diet weight 232, day of surgery 227. Current weight: 197!!!!! I am THRILLED with my weight loss. Mostly because it is steady and I am not miserable!! I eat a variety of foods and don't suffer. I still have a cookie occasionally, ice cream occasionally and candy (hello, it's thanksgiving/christmas, how can I not???). One thing that has changed is my love for soda. I admit, I have tried about 5 sips since surgery, and each time it was NASTY! This from a dr pepper addict. I am so glad I don't like it anymore! I am a bad girl because I have not started exercising. Oh well, it is still coming off at a healthy pace so I am smiling. :) I am one of those people who would do this again in a heartbeat. I tell people and have not had any negative reaction. People still ask me how I'm feeling regularly though which is kind of funny since surgery was 11 weeks ago and I was fine within a few days. My before/after pics are "raw". Meaning I did not plan my best outfit, or maximum shooting angle or any of that. Just raw. I am really enjoying this journey and I am very happy with my decision. :) Oh, I forgot. So i was an 18/20 mostly. Now in shirts i go for xl, but my bottom is still somewhat in plus size. I did squeeze on a pair of Old Navy Diva Skinny size 16's and it won't be long before those fit just right. I definetely am losing the top part of my body faster but again, I am so not complaining. I am smaller then I have been in oh, maybe 15 years??? HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!post-11226-13813661562161_thumb.jpg post-11226-13813661563566_thumb.jpg post-11226-13813661564893_thumb.jpg post-11226-13813661566207_thumb.jpg

That's wonderful, you are beautiful. Keep up the amazing work

Congratulations. I am sure after the holidays your weight loss will pick up more. Once again, congratulations.

Congratulations!!!!! Isn't it wonderful to see success. :)

Hi everyone! So' date=' I was sleeved on Sept 28 with Dr. Cribbins in Plano TX. Just a recap, I had ZERO pain and ZERO complications and I had a hysterectomy done at the same time! I have never slimed, nor have I ever thrown up (THANK GOD!). I used pain meds while I was in the hospital but I forgot to pump midway through the second night and never needed anything, even while at home. I was at the Texas State Fair one week post op and did just fine. My highest weight ever was 235. I am 5 ft 1 so it was packed on! Pre-op diet weight 232, day of surgery 227. Current weight: 197!!!!! I am THRILLED with my weight loss. Mostly because it is steady and I am not miserable!! I eat a variety of foods and don't suffer. I still have a cookie occasionally, ice cream occasionally and candy (hello, it's thanksgiving/christmas, how can I not???). One thing that has changed is my love for soda. I admit, I have tried about 5 sips since surgery, and each time it was NASTY! This from a dr pepper addict. I am so glad I don't like it anymore! I am a bad girl because I have not started exercising. Oh well, it is still coming off at a healthy pace so I am smiling. :) I am one of those people who would do this again in a heartbeat. I tell people and have not had any negative reaction. People still ask me how I'm feeling regularly though which is kind of funny since surgery was 11 weeks ago and I was fine within a few days. My before/after pics are "raw". Meaning I did not plan my best outfit, or maximum shooting angle or any of that. Just raw. I am really enjoying this journey and I am very happy with my decision. :) Oh, I forgot. So i was an 18/20 mostly. Now in shirts i go for xl, but my bottom is still somewhat in plus size. I did squeeze on a pair of Old Navy Diva Skinny size 16's and it won't be long before those fit just right. I definetely am losing the top part of my body faster but again, I am so not complaining. I am smaller then I have been in oh, maybe 15 years??? HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY![/quote']

Congrats!! My hubby was sleeved by cribbins on 1/15 and feels exactly the same way...he had a great experience! I am being sleeved on 2/26 with cribbins myself!

I need a hysterectomy because simple hyperplasia. im wondering if my surgeon would do it even though hes not a gyno.... How did you get both? And congrats to you!

Looking great! I am pre-op and seeing all these wonderful results really makes me even more anxious for my surgery day. Can't wait to see more updates.

That's awesome - congratulations!

Caglefan- I knew I NEEDED a hysterectomy, so the second surgeon i went to, i simply asked him if i could have both done. He said yes, and texted the gynecological oncologist who sends patients to him for the sleeve. I had to wait an extra month for a surgery date due to scheduling both docs and the davinci. So, he may not be able to do it, but he may know someone who can or you find a practicing doc in the same hospital. It was so worth it!!!!!!

Caglefan- I knew I NEEDED a hysterectomy' date=' so the second surgeon i went to, i simply asked him if i could have both done. He said yes, and texted the gynecological oncologist who sends patients to him for the sleeve. I had to wait an extra month for a surgery date due to scheduling both docs and the davinci. So, he may not be able to do it, but he may know someone who can or you find a practicing doc in the same hospital. It was so worth it!!!!!![/quote']

Thanks for the info. I'll have to ask.