Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Can I Comfortably Wear Shapewear?

I am btwn 3 & 4 weeks out. I would like to look polished in my clothes. I've always been big on Shapewear and supportive undergarments. I've tried to put them on but my stomach is still too tender and painful to be bound so tightly.

Does anyone know from experience when will this get better? I know I'm still healing and that's the important thing... I am just curious. I miss my Spanx!

I starting wearing my support stuff about 6 - 8 wks out. I wore my girdle at about week 3 to church (so only a couple of hours) & was miserable for a couple of days. Even at 6 - 8 wks I couldn't wear them for a full 12 hr day! I'm 4.5 months out now & have no problem.

I am btwn 3 & 4 weeks out. I would like to look polished in my clothes. I've always been big on Shapewear and supportive undergarments. I've tried to put them on but my stomach is still too tender and painful to be bound so tightly.

Does anyone know from experience when will this get better? I know I'm still healing and that's the important thing... I am just curious. I miss my Spanx!

I know what you mean. My jiggly bits are a little too jiggly right now! I feel naked. lol

I've been wearing Spanx since heck...maybe a week out? I prefer them to the "jiggly" feeling. When I was newly sleeved it felt better to me to be sort of "bound" up by the support garments.

I have two types. One is kind of a body suit that ends mid thigh. It does not have any elastic that is tight on my abdomen like the top of a hose might be. But I was also wearing the high tops spanks (which end at the bra line) as soon as the wound under my breast healed enough to wear a padded bandage. Maybe you might consider a size up or something???? It might be too binding if they are bothering you now....just a thought.

I was wearing before surgery and I started wearing them couple wks after surgery. I have several styles and colors , tank top , some are long sleeved or short sleeve to help with the loose skin on the upper arms. I have some that come from the Bra line down to the thigh. I love wearing them.

I hate the feeling I get when I do not wear one.

I would love to know this too. I am almost 6 weeks out and just wearing a panty girdle hurts. I couldn't wear it for long and it made my stomach sore again.

If the panty girdle hits right on the stomach area it does hurt, try wearing a tank top style or a girdle that goes right about the bra line.

I've had it happen to me the panty girdle wasn't long enough and it sat right in that area and it was very painful.