Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, I Don't Know What To Do

I am almost 3 weeks post op. I wasn't put on liquids except for two days after surgery. I went to soft foods and some chopped/ground meats. I can only eat about 3 or 4 bites food at time. I can't eat meat and vegetables at same time. I cant stomach Protein Drinks yet. They are the only thing that makes me sick at stomach. I take all my Vitamins. Dr says eating will get better. I am worried cause I get no Fiber from vegetables. It is either Protein aka meat or vegetables. I don't snack either. So how do I handle this ?

h

I was sleeved on the second of October, my Dr. had me on liquids for two weeks and I am now on Protein Shakes and creamy Soups till the day after thanksgiving then I can advance to pureed for a week then mushy for two weeks then I can introduce food. I know it sounds extreme but I thank God because it is allowing me to slowly adjust to food again n have less of a chance for complications while my stomach heals. Oh and the 35 pounds in a little over 3 weeks was a PLUS too!

Your stomach is still inflamed from the surgery - it just takes time to recover. If you are having trouble with Constipation, the best bet right now is colace. It will all work out - just stay in touch with your doctor.

If it's Constipation that's concerning you ask your doctor if you can take colace, sennekot or metimucil. If you're trying to get more Protein in Bjs bariatrics has a multipack flavor sampler of syntax nectar Protein Powder in flavors like Oreo Cookies and strawberry. A full pouch mat be too much but half a pouch with some ice and almond milk or even regular milk might be easier to tolerate than a full on Protein Shake. :)

Most people are on a high Protein diet where we need to get in as much protein as we can. It is common to only be able to eat a couple of bites for a while after surgery. You are doing good so please be patient and enjoy this wonderful journey.....It does get a lot better..... :)

My Dr gave me MOM in small doses it works as an antacid but also works as a laxative but also reduced the inflammation of the stomach after surgery might consider it

Most people are on a high Protein diet where we need to get in as much protein as we can. It is common to only be able to eat a couple of bites for a while after surgery. You are doing good so please be patient and enjoy this wonderful journey.....It does get a lot better..... :)

Thanks

My Dr gave me MOM in small doses it works as an antacid but also works as a laxative but also reduced the inflammation of the stomach after surgery might consider it

How much and how often do you take MOM

Thanks everyone for your help

You just take a small amount or it will give you loose stools