Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick Sick Sick Sick Sick

I'm five days out and having a rough day. Sometimes I think I would have been happier chubby.

I'm sick of being hungry

I'm sick of feeling like something is stuck in my throat

I'm sick of gas

I'm sick of having to burp everytime I eat or drink

I'm sick of sticking needles in my belly

I'm sick of this headache

I'm sick of broth

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know I'm being a crybaby but today has been craptastic. Thanks for letting me vent.

Are you really hungry? It may be that you need more fluids. I picked up diet hot chocolate (25 cal) from the store this afternoon and just tried it. It was SO good and it was nice to have something different.

i havnt had the surgery yet..and im trying to get all the info i can.may i ask why do u have to stick needles in ur belly?? does everyone have to do this???

It's ok to vent when you need to!! It will all get better. This is a big lifestyle change and I'm sure it will take some getting used to. There are plenty of people here that can and will help and support you through this and they have all been through it, are going through it, or will go through it. I know there will probably be days when I want to rant and rave once I have my surgery...so let it all out!!! :)

i havnt had the surgery yet..and im trying to get all the info i can.may i ask why do u have to stick needles in ur belly?? does everyone have to do this???

The injection in the stomach is a blood thinner, which really doesn't hurt much since the needle is so tiny. These little shots are also MUCH more preferable to the outcome if you did not have them.

Aww, I'm sorry you feel bad :( I had my crying days in the hospital too, You'll feel better soon! I had my surgery 5 days ago as well! I was just thinking I'm sick of the feeling something is in my throat too! To ease the hunger and which I'm starting to think it's a horrible gas bubble I move, even if it is in the middle of the night, my poor dog thinks I'm crazy cause I'm constantly moving. To ease the throat annoyance I keep sipping on liquids, If I can just get rid of this gas bubble I will be alright. It seems to shift from lodged behind my ribs, to my shoulder, then back through my intestines, It's like the gas is playing ring around the Rosie in my belly LOL. I have had a small headache but I think it was my sinuses Oh and the heparin shots, numb your belly with ice first then clean with the alchohol, then the sticking isn't so bad,Feel better, just know each day will be a victory :)

I really hope you feel better soon. Hang in there!

As far as the blood thinner shots go, I have found that the tighter you pinch the skin with your opposite hand the less it hurts (I'm a CNA and med pass certified so whenever I give IM injections I always pinch up the skin and my patients say it hurts less this way because the actual act of pinching distracts their mind from the stick of the needle). In April of 2012 I had ankle surgery and I used this same method with my lovenox injections (another blood thinner) and I have to say I do believe they are right. The couple of times I didn't pinch up my skin hurt like a son of a gun!

I had surgery 9/5 and I don't stick myself with blood thinner or anything else, as we find out here- each surgeon is slightly different with both the pre-op and post-op procedures.

Thank you for posting how your really feel. You will feel better, it just might not be tomorrow. This journey is not always easy but the results are so worth it! Hang in there hon. We are here to hold your hand through the rough days. We will cheer when you have great days too.

Hugs. - I love my sleeve and have no regrets.

The injection in the stomach is a blood thinner' date=' which really doesn't hurt much since the needle is so tiny. These little shots are also MUCH more preferable to the outcome if you did not have them.[/quote']

I only had the injections in the belly right before they took me back to surgery and a couple of times during that day. I didn't feel them at all.

I had surgery 9/5 and I don't stick myself with blood thinner or anything else' date=' as we find out here- each surgeon is slightly different with both the pre-op and post-op procedures.[/quote']

They do it in the hospital

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I was being a baby and felt like whining. I know the results are totally going to be worth it. Already down ten pounds! Its such a change bot being able to just shove food in my mouth whenever I want. I'm not sure if I'm hungry or its my brain. I'm in the process of learning my new stomach so I know it will take time. This is a journey I chose. Not gonna lie its hard and I've cheated once (shhh don't tell) :) I guess I just need to get adjusted to the new me and put my big girl panties on. It will be better in the future when I'm not so food restricted.. we can do this!!

It is also much better when you are back in a daily routine. You are busy living instead of taking it easy and recovering. You will be too busy to think about food and once you heal more and are on regular food you will get full quickly.

Thanks for being open sabbymomof3. You expressed how I was kinda feeling. I'm 5 days post op. Can wait for this initial stage to be over.