Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I Ever Be Able To Eat Bread Again?

I heard that breads and doughs will get stuck or they will be difficult to swallow, but is there ever a point where I'll get past this? I'm 3 weeks post-op and I feel weak with the diet and more light headed and dizzy than ever before, which is keeping me from working my second job. I know I'll be able to eat different foods later on, but Jello, apple sauce, tapioca, popsicles, cream of wheat and mashed potatoes are getting on my nerves! I've never had this much sweet food in my life!

Yes, you will be able to have bread again. You may find that once you can, you've lost the taste for it. I'm at 14 weeks, and it's one of the few things that my sleeve doesn't tolerate well. Hang in there. Stick with your diet, good things are coming!

The answer is yes and No. Early on you will not be able to., but i would say after .3 months you will be fine. i am 11 months out and tolerate all foods fine.

I was cleared for occasional 1/2 piece of whole wheat bread at 4 weeks, i tried it yesterday at 6 weeks, with my egg whites and didn't reaally care for it. Bread was always my weakness and I am thrilled that I didn't enjoy it! Now I know that I am not missing anything.

I also hated eating sweetened everything in the beginning, try Soup or greek yogurt with a little salt & pepper...gives it an entirely different taste.

I was cleared for occasional 1/2 piece of whole wheat bread at 4 weeks' date=' i tried it yesterday at 6 weeks, with my egg whites and didn't reaally care for it. Bread was always my weakness and I am thrilled that I didn't enjoy it! Now I know that I am not missing anything.

I also hated eating sweetened everything in the beginning, try Soup or greek yogurt with a little salt & pepper...gives it an entirely different taste.[/quote']

It's weird because I have no desire to eat soup. I tried chicken broth and it was absolutely horrible. I will give yogurt a try though. :)

If you are cleared from your doctor, try the eggface ricotta bake or pureed cauliflower with chicken stock & a little dry ranch seasoning. Both are awesome. Also, I bought some frozen greek yogurt pops w/ honey this weekend that aren't too sweet. I'm 4 months out and have had bread in small qtys- few bites of pita bread, a mini yeast rolls, a hawaiian roll, and 1/2 a wheat flatbread toasted. I had no issues but bread is my kryptonite so I try to avoid it.

It seems like about 75% of sleevers tolerate breads with no troubles. I have had 1 slice of toast daily for the last 9 months :-)

If you are cleared from your doctor' date=' try the eggface ricotta bake or pureed cauliflower with chicken stock & a little dry ranch seasoning. Both are awesome. Also, I bought some frozen greek yogurt pops w/ honey this weekend that aren't too sweet. I'm 4 months out and have had bread in small qtys- few bites of pita bread, a mini yeast rolls, a hawaiian roll, and 1/2 a wheat flatbread toasted. I had no issues but bread is my kryptonite so I try to avoid it.[/quote']

Eggface ricotta bake... Is there a recipe online for that?

I tried a flour tortilla last night, but I got full extremely quick. :)

Eggface ricotta bake... Is there a recipe online for that?

I tried a flour tortilla last night' date=' but I got full extremely quick. :)[/quote']

Yes Eggface is a Blogger if you google Eggface you will find her page The World According to Eggface I think is called but she has a ton of WLS friendly recipes:)

Yes Eggface is a Blogger if you google Eggface you will find her page The World According to Eggface I think is called but she has a ton of WLS friendly recipes:)

Oh awesome. I will definitely look into that.

I will give you my take after I'm done with this sandwich.