Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crying...why Am I Having More Issues?

I seriously feel like I am NEVER going to heal. Even throughout all of my issues I have been able to be thrilled that I had this surgery. I know that it will change my life, but in the meantime I keep having all of these isolated issues and I am so frustrated. I do NOT do pain. Self admittedly, I am a huge baby when I am sick, but this is just different. First my 1.5% rare reaction to the anesthesia that had me bed bound for almost a week, then I suffered from severe weakness, and then when I finally started feeling better last week I mopped my floor and held my 2 month old nephew and started having severe abdominal pain (which has only partially gone away, but has improved) and NOW as of Sunday around noon I started having SEVERE right sided flank pain. I have NEVER experienced this type of pain before and I have no idea what it is and I am just so SICK of feeling bad. I tried to lie down a few minutes ago and I literally could not lie down because the pain was so severe and I had to get up and get back in my recliner which is where I am now writing this post in tears. I just want to go to sleep and wake up and feel somewhat normal. I see all of these posts about people shopping and doing all of these normal tasks and that is ALL I want to do. Nothing crazy, no marathon weight lifting, or anything else that would be out of the ordinary. I JUST want to be able to climb in my car (which I tried to do earlier and could not get in bc of the pain) and go somewhere and get back to my life. This is driving me crazy. I have no idea what the problem could be, but it has certainly gotten worse since Sunday and I am so furious. Not to mention, I am supposed to start my new job in 3 weeks....3! If I can't start when I told them I will lose my job and this is the service I have been trying to get on with for an entire year. I will be devastated.

I went from being such an active person to having to sit inside and stare at the TV for the last 3 weeks and it is just not working for me. I can't stand it. Has anyone else had this type of pain and if so, what was it?

Sorry for the ranting, but I am seriously beside myself with angst. I am always able to be positive and I have been up until just now. Even when I was lying in the hospital bed unable to move my body at all because of my reaction during surgery, I had a huge smile on my face because I knew I had so much to look forward to. Now, I am just starting to think I'm never going to get better. Everyone else (other than the unlucky few) seem to be doing so well after only a few days and I've had 3 weeks. I feel like I'm never going to stop crying. I just wanted to lie down and go to sleep and wake up tomorrow with no pain. :(

I don't have any insight for you as I am still presleeved. Just wanted you to know I am sending thoughts and prayers to you that you will get some relieve soon. Hugs.

If you're in that much pain 3 weeks after surgery, and it's not getting better, you need to call your doctor. Severe right sided flank pain could be your gall bladder or something else, and if you're in severe pain, it's time to call the doctor.

You're right. You should be feeling better.

so sorry you are having so much trouble, have you called your doctor? Have you been back to the dr.? Sounds like you are in a depression, bad... I would see the dr. be checked out real good, make sure you're getting in your Protein, follow the weight lifting restrictions closely in case you have a problem in there... I'll be thinking about you....

If you're in that much pain 3 weeks after surgery, and it's not getting better, you need to call your doctor. Severe right sided flank pain could be your gall bladder or something else, and if you're in severe pain, it's time to call the doctor.

You're right. You should be feeling better.

Thanks. This pain just started Sunday so I thought maybe I had pulled a muscle and was trying to wait it out a couple of days. I did leave a message for them tonight as soon as I realized it had gotten worse and has started affecting me so negatively. It has not been this way the entire 3 weeks (not the flank pain) so sorry if I made that part confusing. It has just been one thing after another, but all different.

Oh good, I am glad you called. Just make sure they know your pain is severe and you feel like you're getting worse, not better.

I still have days where I feel bad. I was sleeved aug 28th and I hate those days! Our bodies and minds are going through a tremendously big change right now. If you have 3 weeks to feel better thats a long time, stay positive and follow post op directions and take care of yourself... You've lost some weight and that's a great accomplishment. Hang in there, everyone heals differently, don't compare to others, I know that's hard to do. I feel weak and sore some days and great the next, it's weird...take care and keep intouch....

so sorry you are having so much trouble, have you called your doctor? Have you been back to the dr.? Sounds like you are in a depression, bad... I would see the dr. be checked out real good, make sure you're getting in your Protein, follow the weight lifting restrictions closely in case you have a problem in there... I'll be thinking about you....

:) I guess it probably does sound that way, but I'm just having a momentary breakdown secondary to this new issue. After spending 3 weeks staring at walls I'm surprised I'm not, but I am very aware of my mental status (thankfully) so while I am definitely having a rough few weeks since surgery, I'm not quite depressed yet. I've actually been pretty happy until tonight when I realized that this pain isn't going to just disappear like I'd hoped.

As for calling and going to the doctor, yes & yes. I had my 1st follow up appt on the 11th and they knew of the other things that had been going on, but to be honest, while I was a little frustrated I'd not been able to get around like I thought I would by then, it just seemed like I was healing a little slow at the time (only a week out) so I was still okay with it. However, like I said in my post, just when one thing starts feeling better it seems like something else goes wrong so it is just frustrating. I am ready to start working out and I can't do that because of all of these random issues. So, just kind of blowing off a little steam. I actually have to say, I did smile and laugh a little at the depression comment simply because I am normally such a positive person that it kind of cracked me up that I have had to deal with all of this negativity from myself during all of these painful post-surgery issues.

Hoping I'll be able to go in tomorrow and see if they can figure this out and get me back on the road to recovery. Thanks for your reply since it is the middle of the night and I figured no one would probably be awake to offer sympathy. haha

I woke up for some unknown reason. maybe to talk to you! I don't know...I get worried about people easily im a nurse and I just can't stand for someone to be in pain and cry...

I'm always around this time of night. I'm on the west coast and I am a night owl. We could even chat live if you wanted to sometime.

I just checked and the chat room doesn't seem to be working right now. I know they are working on getting a new chat room. It's a good way to get a lot of questions answered when you're new. I am sure they'll have it fixed soon . I've made some really good friends, chatting!

I woke up for some unknown reason. maybe to talk to you! I don't know...I get worried about people easily im a nurse and I just can't stand for someone to be in pain and cry...

It's quite ironic because I'm a paramedic so being on this end of things is very different. I hate feeling like I have no control over my body and not being able to fix it myself. I'm sure you understand since you're a nurse. When you are in the medical field it is weird not being able to make yourself feel better. I definitely appreciate your response. If it weren't for these forums the last 3 weeks I probably would be depressed. It is nice to be able to get on and read what others are dealing with, see progression of others, and (in my case tonight) whine a little. ;)

I'm always around this time of night. I'm on the west coast and I am a night owl. We could even chat live if you wanted to.

Thanks, you are too sweet. I am typically a night owl too, but all I want to do right now is sleep. I had a little bit of liquid loratab left over from my surgery so I took that and am hoping it will kick in soon so I can get in my bed. If I would have been able to do that when I tried a little while ago I doubt I would have ever written this post, but when I could not even get into bed because the sitting and trying to twist to lie down hurt so badly, I kind of lost my cool. ;)

I have 3 weeks left of sitting up late though so maybe we can chat one night and I can hear about where you are on this journey. After all, you have been kind enough to listen to my whining tonight. :)

I just looked at your profile. You're the same height as me, and started out at the same weight as I did. You're my daughter's age. :) She's a nurse.

I hope your doctor gives you an answer and you're feeling better soon!

I had a couple episodes where my left side felt like it was tearing open.. it terrified me and I was even home alone. Thank God, it did pass eventually and I think it was just a muscle from over doing it, I think it was around 2 weeks after surgery. I am pretty tuff when it comes to pain but this was bad.. had me in tears, in bed and thinking of calling 911 to see if my stomach had ripped open lol That did scare me into drinking the way I need to and now I start every day with a Protein shake ( muscle milk ) and then start on a bottle of Water.. I think the Water made a big difference for me,

But I am happy to tell you that 2 months out, I feel nothing inside except full when I eat.. no pain. I have lost 55 lbs, maybe 56 today :) Not totally into the exercise yet, but I can shop till I drop and not one bead of sweat on my forehead which is my new victory :)

much love and good wishes.. it will get better.. but keep in mind that if you ever do feel fear, you should always call your doctor rather than suffer.

I sure hope you start to feel better. I wld go to the doctor today & see what he says. I also wanted to ask how old & how much did your nephew weigh? The reason Im asking is because I wasnt allowed to pick up/tug/pull for 6weeks after surgery.