Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Diet

It's amazing to me how different everyone's pre-op diets are. It really makes me wonder if anyone really knows when we should be doing what! I'm a revision and my dr. wants me on liquids for two weeks then full liquids for another two then moving to puree's/mushies etc... I am so sick of drinking I can't wait to eat yogurt or pudding. I don't want to get dehydrated but am already loosing interest in everything there is to drink.

what is everyone on on liquids "eating"??

i was all about sugar free popsicles

I agree 100% about the wild variation in post op diets!!!!! my doc's diet says Clear Liquids for 10 days then full liquids for another 10. I am 6 days post op. I've been getting in lots of Water, broth, and sugar free popsicles. I also had some SF Jello but took really small bites and chewed the crap out of it LOL I also am tired of liquids hahaha the other 2 girls that had surgery with me in Mexico the same day went to 2 other doctors and have 2 completely different post op diets. One's says she has to do Clear Liquids for only 3 days then "home soft diet".

After talking to LOTS of people on here and other forums and reading LOTS of other doctor's diet plans I decided to add in some Protein shakes yesterday. It really helped me with energy levels and today I feel basically normal. The only way I can tell I had surgery is because I'm not hungry LOL 3 of my very good "in person" friends all had to be able to tolerate a small amount of Protein shake before they could even leave the hospital! Basically I'm sticking with clear liquids and Protein Shakes for now and taking it VERY slow.. but I'm also very interested in what other people's doctors are saying.

Something must be working though.. down 17 lbs already since surgery (blows my mind!)

I agree 100% about the wild variation in post op diets!!!!! my doc's diet says clear liquids for 10 days then full liquids for another 10. I am 6 days post op. I've been getting in lots of water' date=' broth, and sugar free popsicles. I also had some SF Jello but took really small bites and chewed the crap out of it LOL I also am tired of liquids hahaha the other 2 girls that had surgery with me in Mexico the same day went to 2 other doctors and have 2 completely different post op diets. One's says she has to do clear liquids for only 3 days then "home soft diet".

After talking to LOTS of people on here and other forums and reading LOTS of other doctor's diet plans I decided to add in some Protein shakes yesterday. It really helped me with energy levels and today I feel basically normal. The only way I can tell I had surgery is because I'm not hungry LOL 3 of my very good "in person" friends all had to be able to tolerate a small amount of Protein shake before they could even leave the hospital! Basically I'm sticking with clear liquids and Protein Shakes for now and taking it VERY slow.. but I'm also very interested in what other people's doctors are saying.

Something must be working though.. down 17 lbs already since surgery (blows my mind!)[/quote']

Hey Nursgirl :)

Tried to pm you but wasn't able to for some reason. Just wanted to see how are feeling and pick your brain a bit. I am all set to have surgery with Dr. Ponce in Dec.(3 long mos away) lol. What kind of pre op diet did you do?

Btw....17lbs?! That's pretty awesome!

I'm doing great!!! no nausea or anything, getting all my Water and stuff. Pre op diet is just 3 days yogurt and water. I didn't lose anything pre op LOL I had a great experience with Dr Ponce and Trish! if you haven't already check out my pics in the link in my signature, it really helped me to feel more comfortable after seeing a couple other people's photos on here ;)

I'm doing great!!! no nausea or anything' date=' getting all my Water and stuff. Pre op diet is just 3 days yogurt and Water. I didn't lose anything pre op LOL I had a great experience with Dr Ponce and Trish! if you haven't already check out my pics in the link in my signature, it really helped me to feel more comfortable after seeing a couple other people's photos on here ;)[/quote']

That's great...I hope mine goes as smooth! :)

The pics are awesome! Thank you for sharing!

I'm was allowed Protein the day after surgery, I'm not a huge fan so it's not helping me much. I'm going to try some vanilla and/or honey greek yogurt it has protein and it might help me a bit more. I had Jello for a month with the band three years ago so I'm not a huge fan of it, i've been eating it, mixing it with a dollop of fat free whipped cream (less than 5cal). I'll hold off till next week for Soups and what not but i need something. I'm to tired to walk to cook to do anything right now. i'm NOT hungry at all or thirsty either.

Can I ask a question: How often are you all drinking through out the day. And how many ounces are you drinking at on time.

Thanks

Nae

The doctor has me on half and half full liquids ..the only time I was on clear liquids was when I was in the hospital. So I throw in a pudding or yogurt with my Water, broths, Popsicles .. I hope I am doing this right but I read what the dietitian and the release papers stated and it says the same thing

I was feeling the same way. I had surgery on Monday the 17th and by Thursday I was over the liquids only. I was actually very hungry. I added sf pudding, Jello and fudge pops. OH and Ricotta cheese. I don't like yogurt so it'd not an option for me. I went to the dr and they moved me to this stage lol - so I guess im going to be loving some smooth food for another week or two!! It does get boring but like you said - I'm not very hungry and the ricotta cheese seems to take the "edge" off when I miss food...i'll play with adding salt and pepper to "spice" it up.