Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Aches And Meloxicam

Hey Friends! I am 8 months post-op and down 60 lbs; I am experiencing body aches more now than ever. Especially in my lower back/sciatica. I have lost a lot of weight in my legs and hips and when I sleep on my sides, my knees and hip bones literally hurt from the lack of padding....(I guess!) anybody else experience stuff like this?

Another thing I'm wondering about is meloxicam and the sleeve. I had shoulder surgery a few years back and the meloxicam is the only thing that gives relief. My weight loss doctor will NOT allow me to have it at all - only tylenol and I am now dealing with chronic pain. I thought I would be able to take it once healed, doc says never. I need to hear from people on this! Thx friends!

Hi! Use a pillow between your legs when you sleep. Your hips need the support.

And find a doc that will treat you. You may need to be more assertive in your care. I have chronic pain and i have a whole protocol of meds.

Good luck!

My dr. said NOTHING but Tylenol ever! ..... Because everything else can cause ulcers for sleeved patients.... Quickly.

But for those of us who needs higher pain meds, we can take doctor approved meds. There are meds that don't hurt the sleeve.

My Dr. Prescribed meloxicam 7.5 mg once a day for five says after surgery to help with pain and swelling.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I deal with chronic shoulder pain related to a car accident. It tends to create knots all over my back. The only thing that has really eradicated it is going for frequent massage therapy. If your doctor will write you a script, you can get up to 12 visits covered by insurance. Unfortunately, my certified massage therapist doesn't take insurance, but she is amazing. I try to go at least every 10-14 days. I started out seeing her once a week for deep tissue massage, and we are now just using basic swedish massage to keep the pain at bay. I didn't need the flexoril or the giant ibuprofen tablets as a result.

Have you also thought about acupuncture? I tried it for a while to help with sinus pain, stress, and insomnia, and left my appointments feeling kind of blissed out.

I just had the sleeve done yesterday. The incisions do not hurt, but my WHOLE body hurts, aches, and is stiff. I have done the recommended walking but I am so sore. Any advice?

Odd thought... have you gotten a new mattress since losing all this weight? My mattress is form fitted to my current shape and weight due to normal wear and tear so when I lose a lot, I expect the mattress to do worse for me. It would be like sleeping in an awkward shaped hole.
Maybe your body is bent wrong when sleeping due to an old mattress?

HW: 328 (02/21/17)
CW: 278 (preop 50# disowned)

I just had the sleeve done yesterday. The incisions do not hurt, but my WHOLE body hurts, aches, and is stiff. I have done the recommended walking but I am so sore. Any advice?

19 minutes ago, B.Annie said:

Odd thought... have you gotten a new mattress since losing all this weight? My mattress is form fitted to my current shape and weight due to normal wear and tear so when I lose a lot, I expect the mattress to do worse for me. It would be like sleeping in an awkward shaped hole.
Maybe your body is bent wrong when sleeping due to an old mattress?

HW: 328 (02/21/17)
CW: 278 (preop 50# disowned)

We stayed at a hotel yesterday. Walked every hour. Just came home today and we have a sleep number mattress. I have never had this kind of body pain. It is extremely hard to sit and stand.

I had emergency surgery once... the next day my whole body hurt. I asked the doctor about it and he told me it was the anesthesia and something about our muscles tensing up. Sorry that was more than 10 years ago so my memory isn't 100% to remember the exact words.

Thank you so much sweetz428. I would really appreciate it. I am not sure if it is the stuff they used for anesthesia, completely normal, or if I should be worried.