Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psoriasis Reduction Or Remission After Sleeve?

I have mild psoriasis, and I have noticed that now, almost a couple of months after surgery, I am not noticing it as much.

Has anyone with psoriasis seen positive short or long-term results after sleeve with psoriasis reduction or remission?

I'm so glad you posted this. I have had the scurge of eczema since my early 20"s. After my second or third month of surgery, I noticed it had cleared up. I'm 8 months out and haven't had any flair ups. I think it's because I've cut out sugar. It's the only thing I can think of. Maybe it's done the same thing for psoriasis??? I love to self-diagnosis. :)

I have both psoriasis and eczema. Both seem better post surgery. I hadn't thought about it but someone mentioned that my skin looks clearer.

i am just over 3 months out. for the last 25 years or so, i have had a spot on my wrist (psoriasis) that would flare up so bad that people would ask me what was wrong with me. big white nasty looking spot that would then crack open and just really irritate me.

yesterday, my wife asked me if my surgery took care of it! i've had it so long that i didn't even notice it anymore, so, when she said that, i checked it out and sure enough, there is just a light 'scar' where it used to be!

yet another thing to make me love my sleeve!

Me too, I'm just 10 days out from surgery and my psoriasis is flat and smooth, no scales no lumps...amazing! Hoping it clears completely up, I've had it for 10 yrs in the same spot and the more weight I gained the more it seemed to spread across my foot. Thrilled!

I had no large spots 10 years ago, only a small one on my knee where I tore up 4 of the 5 ligaments. Then we adopted 3 children and it was like being taken over by it. Both knees, elbows, right side of my leg and starting to travel up my spine. Guess stress activated it. I am only about a month since surgery and no change so will keep you updated. Just can't imagine where this stress is coming from. :P

I suffered from really bad acne, haven't had a break out since 2 weeks post op and my skin is so smooth and clear. Not a blemish or spot in site.

I have both mild psoriasis and eczema and was completely shocked that even at 5 days post op I could notice a HUGE decrease in how "angry" it looked.. much less red and scaly. Now I'm 17 days out and the eczema is almost gone and the psoriasis is way better too!!

I SWEAR it's from cutting diet coke and sugar out of my diet! I'm so happy about it I even cried one day LOL I have spent so many years and so much money on prescriptions trying to clear it up! SO HAPPY!

Me too, had fairly sever eczema on my arms and a bit on my neck, it's now GONE, GONE, GONE :)

O My I go in for surgery Oct 18th and I am SOOO excited to hear thos. I have struggled with psorisis for years and I would love for my sleeve to not only kick fats butt but, also psorisis too!!!