Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pet Peeve - Update Your Stats

Please - take a few minutes every once in a while to update your stats. I see posts everyday from people celebrating their success tht have little or no information filled out in their profile.

When I see someone has a surgery date near mine, I look to see what their loss is - to make sure I am about the same as others. Or when I read a persons' comments I like to see how far along they are in their journey and how much they have lost. I think I would take comments from a successful 1 year VSG'er a bit more seriously than someone that has not had their surgery yet.

Also things like your height also helps to understand if a post is written by someone that has a body type like mine - or from someone that is coming from a different perspective.

It just takes a few minutes and helps all of us. It is nothing to be embarrassed about - not on this site. We are a very unique group and understand that you have for years hidden hard numbers about your weight. And for a lot of subjects, it doesn't matter. It does not matter what your starting weight was for a post about workout tunes. But for many posts it helps others understand you and helps us all as a group.

Is it just me? Or do others feel this way too?

I am always curious to see when people were sleeved when they are talking about weight loss. I guess I just wonder how long it took them to lose the weight.

Dar 1983 - I noticed you have your sleeve date on your ticker. I am going to add that to mine now. Can't complain about others and not do better myself.

Thank you for pointing that out...I feel the same way. You also inspired me to get on board with a ticker! All the best to you!

The ticker is the silly little pictures under our posts that graphically show our progress. The little surfer on mine. I also added my key dates to my signature. Some of these features are pretty hard to locate, but if you just play around in your profile you can find all kinds of things to add. I finally figured out how to add a before picture, so I did that.

SpecialK...nice weight loss so far. From the 1960, I'm assuming we're the same age. Better late than never!!!

I totally agree--I love to see people's progress. I try not to compare them to mine because everyone is different and everyone will lose weight at different rates. Body type, height, starting weight, etc. plays a big part in weight loss. But it's hard not to be a little disappointed when I see someone losing faster than me. I'd still rather see people's progress than not though.

Can you do it on the app or do you have to do it on the site?

I'm pretty sure you can only update on the site, not app.

The reason why not everyone has tickers or updated information for that matter is because the mobile apps do not provide this information. I primarily use my iPad to use this site so I can never view anyone's ticker, profile, etc. This is why I always ask people about their SW, CW, height etc. They probably think I'm being lazy and not checking out their profile, but I just can't see it in the mobile apps. I also cannot update my own ticker either. I sure wish they'd update this app, it would make life in VST easier for all of us.

I'm using just the app as well and can't use/see/update anything.

Otherwise i definitely would, I think my profile has my starting weight and I'm down to 163 so definitely would love to change that :)

I obsessively update my tickers, my profile, My Fitness Pal, and another tracking app on my phone. I'm strung out on tracking! ;):lol:

I did not realize that some people could not reach that info. That likely explains the members that seem to post regularly, yet have zero information filled in on their profile.

I do like to see the info though. And I really like to update my personal info. I do not update everyday, and usually wait for 2-4 pounds of loss before entering. AND when I go up a pound it causes a reaction in my brain that makes me "forget" to update that info. LOL

Can you do it on the app or do you have to do it on the site?

To add the ticker, it has to be from the website. That's the only way to modify your signature. You can however see the ticker(if there is one) by simply touching the post in the app. This will open the post in a screen by itself. You can also update your ticker from the iPad app once you have one in place by simply touching your ticker, it will open a screen to perform the update

Hope this helps

:)