Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Looking Forward To?

What are you most looking forward to after being sleeved?

I want to be able to walk a distance or climb a flight of stairs w/out being winded.

I want to FLY (w/out feeling like I'm encroaching on my neighbors)

I want to ride roller coasters & hike w/ my family.

I want to have the confidence that I’ll fit in that chair @ the concert or movie theater.

I want to shave my legs w/ a razor, LOL.

I want my bra to stop slipping off of my shoulders… my purse, too, for that matter.

I want energy to do what needs to be done.

I want energy to get me healthy & confident in myself again.

I want to love my husband confidently.

I want to stop hiding from people who haven't seen me @ this weight.

I don’t want to be the fat mom & wife anymore.

I know there's more, but that's enough for now.....

How about you?

I just want to live a longer and healthier life. People who don't carry extra weight around have no idea what it feels like and how it effects everything in your daily routine. So I am just looking forward to a new life. Great post by the way.

I just want to live a longer and healthier life. People who don't carry extra weight around have no idea what it feels like and how it effects everything in your daily routine. So I am just looking forward to a new life. Great post by the way.

Bravo!

I feel the same as you on these things. Here's my short list

I'm looking forward to ------ getting my driver' license renewed and NOT lying about my weight.

----- buying the 'cool' motorcycle jacket, not just 'this one since it fits me' for cooler riding days.

----- walking my daughters (12and 4) down the aisle when they get married (before sleeve, dr said that i might not have been around for that if I didn't get under control)

----- going to amusement parks with my 14 year old son and not just being his company in line, but ride the rides with him

----- joining my son to help him train for cross country.

----- finishing a 5k in less than 50 minutes without passing out or dying :) (my first ever attempt will be in 2.5 weeks)

------ being able to be an inspiration to people, and not feel like they are all just thinking 'wow, how does a person let themselves get that big?'

----- feeling like my wife isn't lying when she says that she really is still attracted to me.

----- burning all of my 2x 3x 4x 5x and 6x t shirts while dancing the happy dance around this fire pit, because I won't ever need them again.

Great response, Thyckness718! A good healthy future w/out all of the aches & pains, the awkwardness in various situations, etc. So looking forward to that!

Awesome list, theoldmusicbox! I totally relate (as I think most of us do!) to the driver's license issue. LOL. I'm looking forward to weighing LESS than what my license says for a while. Congratulations on your fantastic success to date! 100lbs, fabulous! Good luck w/ your 5k!

GREAT QUESTION....

I want to cross my legs.

I want to walk up stairs without breathing so hard.

I want to sit in a seat an tbe person next to has room.

I want to buy clothes out of any store, not plus size only.

I want to weight less than 200 lbs.

This is just a few things tbat I want to accomplish.

--Walk up and down stairs without leaning heavily on the railing.

--Put on my own shoes and socks so I don't have to wear sandals all year.

--Cross my legs.

--Watching the scale go down instead of up.

--Having more energy.

--Enjoying exercise?

--Being able to travel more.

There are so many, many things I want to do!

Mzluvee... great list! Crossing your legs, I forgot about that one!! & being in Onderland will be fabulous, too!

That's an awesome list, Notime! Looks like you're well on your way! Good for you! I'm ready for increased energy, for sure!

No more control top garments, slimming tanks, or horrible hot shapeware. Yay bra!

Great list, Lizzie! I know what you mean, but I'm figuring until I get some skin removed, I'll be tucking everything into that uncomfortably hot shapeware!

*sitting comfortably in a stadium seat or at the theater

*wearing heels without feeling like they are going to push through my foot like a spike

*tucking in my shirt, and wearing a belt on my jeans

*shopping for WIDE width shoes

*fashionable shoes!

*NOT having to take the escalator DOWN...walking through the housewares dept. to get to the fat clothes!

*Looking FABULOUS!

Cross legs - both of them

Comfortable on airplane

Wear normal clothes

Wear a swimsuit

Run 3-5 miles comfortably

Horseback ride

Zip line

Enjoy exercise (Yoga, Pilates, Tennis, golf)

Not Having to wear jacket/cardigan

Towels at hotel wrapping around me

Buy bras at Victoria secret

comfortable wearing heels

Comfortable wearing jeans

Weigh less than my husband

Buy suits at j crew and Ann Taylor

Wear shift dresses to work

Elevator doesn't drop when I get in/out

Not holding my breath when I tie my shoes. Less pressure on my bad knee

One of the things i am looking forward to is putting on the shirt i got when i finished a race. We walked it, of course, but finishing a 7 1/2 mile walk was a huge achievement. Unfortunatly, i got the largest shirt they had! But it didnt fit. I want to wear that shirt proudly, as hevy as i am, i did the race AND finished when even some of my skinny friends couldnt.

I want to dance again! I think I'm a pretty good dancer, however I look rediculous dancing now.

I want to be able to talk to the opposite sex without turning bright red and looking at my shoes.

I want to get on stage and Karaoke again.

These are just a few. I could go on and on and on............