Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ekg From Pre-Op Testing Came Back Borderline Low Voltage

I had my pre-op testing last week and was told today that my EKG came back borderline/low voltage. I was advised that my PCP will need to clear me. I now need to go visit my PCP for a complete physical before she will clear me. My surgery is scheduled July 30th, that's 6 days from now. Has anyone else run into this?

Good luck! My surgery is also scheduled for July 30 and today my PCP told me that my EKG showed some damage to the heart. I have more testing on Wednesday. Hopefully it is a false positive for the damage and it won't cause me any problems with my surgery date.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks Susan good luck. Hopefully we will both be cleared for our original July 30 date... Keep me posted

I had my pre-op testing last week and was told today that my EKG came back borderline/low voltage. I was advised that my PCP will need to clear me. I now need to go visit my PCP for a complete physical before she will clear me. My surgery is scheduled July 30th, that's 6 days from now. Has anyone else run into this?

That low voltage is really not a big deal. Some people do not have super strong electrical activity pulses anyway. Doesn't mean anything is wrong...

Secondly, I assume that with being on this board you are preop for sleeve (given). The amount of tissue that the electrical current passes thru can cut down on the strength of that voltage signal being picked up by the machine. This is especially true for women with very large breasts.

I don't them all the time and see it on them. It really doesn't mean anything.... Don't be too alarmed.

Good luck!!

Those EKG s are something I'm not that close to surgery yet but I had a EKG it showed my heart had palpitation all over the place ...so my pcp was shocked so the had me she a cardiologist the cardio made do a stress test where a monitor four 48 hrs and ultrasound of my heart just to get cleared and found out I'm healthy ... But it eased my mind so I'm praying it works out for u I kno it will plz come back and let us kno .. Good luck

I was told 3 times already ( in the past ) that my EKG was "weird". I went to a cardiologist after these 3 EKGs and his tests came back the same each time ; some heart damage from years of untreated high bp, but I am ok and my stress test was fine. I am not looking forward to having an EKG done before my surgery, but it is a small price to pay to get help losing weight.

So today I get to the cardiologist's office for the stress test. I'm too heavy for their equipment. So they sent me to the hospital for the test there. Turns out at the hospital they do it as a 2 day procedure. Walked on the treadmill today and took pictures today. Tomorrow I go back for the resting pictures. I get to do my pre-admit paperwork while I'm there. They were all very kind and reassuring that this shouldn't delay my surgery on Monday.

So today I get to the cardiologist's office for the stress test. I'm too heavy for their equipment. So they sent me to the hospital for the test there. Turns out at the hospital they do it as a 2 day procedure. Walked on the treadmill today and took pictures today. Tomorrow I go back for the resting pictures. I get to do my pre-admit paperwork while I'm there. They were all very kind and reassuring that this shouldn't delay my surgery on Monday.

Oh wow... Do you have to stay at th hospital for 2 days? Yikes.

I saw my PCP today. She signed off on the EKG. I guess it wasn't anything to be worried about. My surgery is still a go for this Monday.... I can't wait

They are doing the test as an outpatient. I finally got out of the hospital at 3:00 today and need to report at 8:30 tomorrow for the rest of the test and pre-admit paperwork.

Glad to hear you were cleared for surgery. I am still in limbo but thinking positively.

I happy to hear you doing well sherry just as I thought .. Those EKG machines are something and Susan I'm sure u will be fine I'm banking on it ..

I am currently dealing with an abnormal ekg reading and have to see cardio on the 30th. I dont have my surgery scheduled yet, I am still in the preop work up phase. My pcp told me today that the cardiologist signed my ekg back that it wasnt anything to be alarmed about but I am still being seen on the 30th to get clearence.

I did find out I have very very low Vit D and I was reading on Livestrong that low levels of Vit D can cause heart palpatations and irregular heart rate, so Im going to bring it up and see what the dr thinks.

Hope you all get your clearences!!

Praying for good results....

I am currently dealing with an abnormal ekg reading and have to see cardio on the 30th. I dont have my surgery scheduled yet, I am still in the preop work up phase. My pcp told me today that the cardiologist signed my ekg back that it wasnt anything to be alarmed about but I am still being seen on the 30th to get clearence.

I did find out I have very very low Vit D and I was reading on Livestrong that low levels of Vit D can cause heart palpatations and irregular heart rate, so Im going to bring it up and see what the dr thinks.

Hope you all get your clearences!!

It's a good thing that you found out about your Vitamin D. I didn't realize it until recently how much affect that one has on a lot of stuff. A coworkers mother had really low D and was having the palpatations, no energy at all, no weight loss (and she was still really active), among other issues. It messes with Calcium levels which can lead to osteoporosis etc. Apparently it is also linked more to metabolism than we ever thought. I won't get into that equation lol! Another big one is depression, think about SAD links.

I love milk!! haha