Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delta Bumped Me Up To First Class!

At least that's what it feels like. Look at all the extra belt strap!!! No extender here! And did you know the armrests go ALL the way down?!

post-20736-13813659262617_thumb.jpg

I have flown first class, but never bumped up - this happens to my hubby ALL THE TIME! Why not meeee...

lol - enjoy!

I paid an upgrade fee to fly to San Diego (and back) for my surgery with Dr. Kelly in Tijuana. I didn't really need the "pampering" for the flight there, but I wanted to treat myself.

It was MUCH more comfortable, and the service difference between first class (called Executive on Air Canada) was AMAZING. Only 20 seats in Executive and we had an attendant all to ourselves. drinks before we even left the terminal......nuts in an individual ceramic dish......Free headsets, newspapers, pillow, blankets, 4 course meal in real china with stainless steel cutlery, free alcohol, Snacks. Unbelievable difference!

Of course, as I was on a clear liquid diet, I didn't get to eat anything, and no alcohol. But it was still really comfy and pampered!

If you can afford the upgrade (or talk your way into one), you should go for it!

That is awesome! I have not flown yet after surgery and cant wait to use seat belts without an extender!! :)

I almost feel like she's being sarcastic? lol but I could be wrong, either way that's awesome girl! :) I hate getting on an airplane and tugging that seatbelt as tight as it'll go! haha

I cannot wait until that day! Congratulations!!!

How great for you! One of the turning points in my life, that brought me to looking at surgery, was when I had to start using a seatbelt extender on airplanes. I enjoy traveling, but it's become so hard with the exta weight. Not only is it physcially exhausting, it's stressful because I'm alway worried about the people who might resent sitting next to a fat person etc. I'm having surgery 1 week from today and I'm looking forward to selling my seat belt extenders on Ebay!

You should be really proud of yourself. Congratulations.

I know what you mean. I can fit comfortably into airline seats, booth, amusement park rides ...

I know you said it felt like first class. I just had a comment on first class seating: NO WAY WOULD I PAY! I'm too cheap and can do just fine with a book and a snack.< /p>

First class is worth every extra mile it costs lol. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I tend to try to fly that way when we go commercial as much as possible because it's so much easier when traveling with a kiddo or alone. Thank god for miles programs! I also like getting through security faster!

Yep, I was trying to make a funny! I was in economy (I'm too cheap to pay more) but this was my first time flying since surgery. It was just amazing to not hit all the seats walking down the isle, to lift/pull down my own carry on, slide right in to the seat, and have so much spare belt! I could pull it loose when we were in the air, I had extra legroom because my butt wasn't pushing me out. I kept pushing down on the arm out of old habit when it would jam on my saddlebags. The guy next to me asked if I wanted it up because I kept touching it, not realizing it was all the way down!!

Also, the energy and stamina I had today was great. A day like today of flying across country used to exhaust me, but I felt awesome. Had my Jerky, my Protein bar, my Blender Bottle and powder. Drank tons of Water, too!!

I am so happy because for the longest time I got to a point of hating traveling because of how hard it was in me. I'd have bruises for weeks from jamming every seat, bumping into strange metal knobs.

On top of it, I was able to pack for a whole week in just carry on!! Whoo hoo smaller clothes!!

When that happens to me I swear I am going to give a "Oh Yeah Baby" at the top of my lungs. :D :D :D

Clever Title!!!! That's an awesome accomplishment. I know that has to feel extremely good. Congrats!

It's an awesome feeling!!!

I even got saucy and used the airplane BATHroom!! Mostly just cuz I could. ;)

It's an awesome feeling!!!

I even got saucy and used the airplane BATHroom!! Mostly just cuz I could. ;)

Dooter girl..I don't care if I am a size two..I can't use the plane's bathroom because my luck would be we would hit turbulence and the blue Water would splash my bare behind and then I would be so grossed out I would have to be physically romoved off the toilet ..and I would have to scrub my behind with bleach and get a tetanus and hepatitis A vaccine..lol