Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I'm two weeks out from having my sleeve. I am kind of nervous/anxious, but excited about my potential better health and wellbeing. Can you tell me what Protein powder/drink and/or Vitamins you like best? I'm still shopping for those. Thanks!

Hi Nettle, congrats on your upcoming surgery. I tried a boatload of Protein Drinks and the only ones I like are the Muscle Milk lights ( Costo has them) I take costco brand multi's and Calcium. I had the Kirkland chewables for a while, they are good too! I think your best bet is to go to a GNC or something similar and buy singles of a few different brand of Protein drinks and see which ones you like, there are soooo many and so many like different ones. The chocolate Muscle Milk ones are the bomb!

Thank you so much, kimmy*custis! I will defintely take your advice.

I too am about 10 days away and am wondering if I'm doing the right thing. My sister asked me if I couldn't just lose the weight doing a liquid diet... if I could I would. I'm 54 years old and have yo yo'd my whole life. All of my "numbers" are terrible, I'm becoming diabetic, my joints hurt and I'm miserable. How was the surgery? How long does it take, is it painful? How long are you off work? Do you stay in the hospital. I saw the doc about 6 months ago and was denied insurance - but decided to pay for it myself. Unfortunately - I don't recall what he said. My pre-op is next week - but I thought since I have you - I'd ask!

I had my surgery on sept, 2011. No pain at all but hey I wanted to see what was all the hype about morphine so I ask for some... Lol. I took 5 days off from work, no issue at all besides the vomiting coz I am a fast eater so it takes quite a while for me to slow down. I am at goal and look so sexy in my size 6 now. And no loose skin thx Lord, my stretch marks well I can deal. Good luck on your journey!

Hi, Devon. I haven't had the surgery yet. I'm having it on July 2nd. I have also had a struggle with my weight (my entire life, I'm 42). My doctor is going to keep me in the hospital for 2 days. I work at home, and so he told me I could go back to work when I feel able, possibly as soon as a week. His only restrictions for me were the postoperative diet and not to drive until I've been off pain medicine for 2 days. I struggled with whether this surgery was the right thing as well. My mom-in-law was worried about me having surgery and asked me to try to eat the small amounts like I would after surgery now. I know it would not work, as it seems I'm always hungry. I feel I really need to do this because my health is starting to change (recently diagnosed with diabetes). This is my best shot and I have to take it. When is your surgery? Is it on the 2nd as well? It sounds like we will be sleeving at the same time. I'll be looking for your updates. I'm praying for your smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

Nadoue, that is great! It seems like you had great success with your weight loss! Congratulations! If I may ask.....how much weight did you lose? Did you do anything to help with your skin? I have been 100+ lbs overweight for about 20 years and I'm worried out my skin. I've almost resigned myself to having body contouring surgery after my weight loss, if I can't shrink my skin back down enough, although I would prefer to avoid more surgery, if possible.

Total 80 lbs and faithful user of st yves lotion, the cocoa butter version on my belly and all. My boss calls me skinny nurse, great ring to ears. I am now doing wt lifting 3x weekly. Don't get crazy with the scale and for me, I got 6 scars on my belly which I refuse to even consider burning or else. My reminder to be healthy and sexyyy

You just gave me a big smile. Thanks for your positive energy and encouragement.

Don't forget to get out of bed as soon as they told you, I know if I was your nurse I would have get you moving ASAP too. Even with pain , do your best, it speeds recovery, prevent bloot clots. Very important! I am positive you are going to be fine, you are making the right decision.

Hi! I'm two weeks out from having my sleeve. I am kind of nervous/anxious, but excited about my potential better health and wellbeing. Can you tell me what Protein powder/drink and/or Vitamins you like best? I'm still shopping for those. Thanks!

I use Bariatric fusion brand Vitamins, the strawberry ones. Best tasting bariatric Vitamin I've found.

My RTD Protein of choice is Nature's Best Isopure in "Grape Frost" flavor, with a half a packet of grape flavored drink mix added in.

My favorite powdered protein is Six Star, doesn't matter what flavor because I always doctor up the taste.

HTH

We can't tell you what kind of Protein to drink as everyone bud tastes does change after surgery, your best bet is to go with sample and pick one that suits you the best. I too use fusion and sometimes "well alive " honey you will lose your hair and you need Biotin now. Fusion vit is ok but lack of biotin so alternate both.

I just had a gall bladder ultrasound (not sure why). Next week is the pre-op, but my doctor's office just called to postpone the surgery until 7/6. It's only a few days - but I'm disappointed.

I'm told this is outpatient - did any of you go home that day? My husband is going to be out of town - and I'll have to find a friend to take me.

Devon, we tend to have gallbladder issues after surgery therefore it becomes one of the criteria to be scan before the procedure, hey I got no gallbladder so I didn't do the scan. I would have take you if you were in Boston