Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After Wls No Sagging Skin

hi fellow sleevers

i have 90-95 lbs. to loose total. Thats alot, but not the most weight to loose, so, i figured i would have no excess skin hanging. Wrong!!!

A few weels ago, i had a little sagging pouch develop (tummy) really not too bad at all, now i realized its a little bigger. its still really pretty small, but its definitely there. :angry:

Then i realized that the weight i lost from by rear end, well thats sagging a bit too. not much really - but again its there. :(

Who was i trying to kid that this wouldn't happen :ph34r:

kathy

I have always known that I've done too much damage to my body with my weight to NOT have sagging skin. Especially my stomach area. I'm pretty sure that very few people are lucky enough to shrink back to normal.

Pshaw! I think I would be another dress size smaller if not for sagging skin...if you actually removed the "lap" then i don't know...I am very prone to abdominal fat. So almost all my loss, all the time has focused on my mid-section (when I say no hips or thighs, ladies and gents, I mean it). I am also prone to muscle gain in my chest, which pushed the fat out on my arms, leaving me a mini-fold mid bicep.

I can take a pair of size 8 jeans and pull them right up to my hips till they hit the lap. no kidding. That was one reasson I am thinking about a panni (I think that is what they call it) before I start the last stretch...and the hardcore plastics.

Realistically the pani would not take too much, like I said maybe a size, because abdominal fat is marbled throughout the abdomen...

I'm expecting it and even though Im set to be sleeved in August, I've already set up a plastic surgery/tuck it fund. I pretty much figure that's where my money will be going for a while lol

We all have so many factors that impact how our skin will react to weight loss:

• our age (younger is better for skin elasticity and recovery post WLS)
  • amount of excess weight (if you're only 50-60 lbs overweight, you have a better chance of no excess skin than if you're 100-150 lbs overweight)
  • skin damage (due to smoking, sunlight exposure, chronic dehydration, etc.)
  • genetics (some people are blessed in the genetic lottery.....the rest of us just have to deal with being "runner's up")
  • number of years we've been obese (the longer the skin is stretched out, the harder it is for it to recover its original form - think of a balloon)

I have been overweight since I was about 11 years old (I'm 42 now). For the last 10 years I have been in the 300 lb range (HW - 330 lbs). I KNOW that with that long history of morbid obesity, my age and the locations of my greatest fat concentration (legs/buttocks/stomach/breasts/arms), that I will require EXTENSIVE plastic surgery intervention.

My greatest concern is how I'm going to pay for it, as it will be all on my own tab. And of course, I'd like to avoid so many general anaesthetics and long recover periods post-surgery.

But I know I will at the LEAST require an abdominoplasty and brachioplasty. Then if there's any money left, I might get a lower body lift or get my inner and outer thighs done.

Some surgeon's going to LOVE me when I walk in the door. ($$$ signs flashing before his eyes!)

LOL

I have lost 95 lbs as well, and I have not loose skin, although a few wrinkles on my abdomen. I could care less, its not like I will show my abdomen to anyone besides my boyfriend-- and he thinks I am beautiful no matter what. Luckily my butt, thighs and arms look pretty damn good!

I I was told that really you won't know how your skin is going to totally respond until about 18 months out. That hydration and exercise will help, and time. He said that your skin will pull itself back a bit, its just waiting it out long enough if you just a little bit of loose skin.

I have it, but I am actually okay with it. It is so much better than how I looked before. I cannot afford to have surgery to have it removed, and I have decided at 45 years of age, I am so much happier with my body now than what I have been in years, that it just doesn't bother me. I am with a wonderful man, who constantly tells me I am beautiful and that he loves me and my body just the way it is. What more could a girl ask for?

I have it, but I am actually okay with it.

susan

i'm 58 years young, so i agree that no one would see me except my DH.

I don't wear shorts, or bathing suit - and again at my age, still young though, ;) don't wear skimpy things either :)

you are also right that a little sagging makes up for my ex heaviness :lol:

couldn't afford surgery anyways ;)

best

kathy

I am a little worried about it but I am married and like you guys, no one else is going to see me naked lol. I needed to lose about 80-90 lbs too and I'm only about halfway there. It's not that bad so far, but I've had kids so that probably isn't going to help LOL. I do plan on getting just a Tummy Tuck at the end of the road. I will be going to either Vegas or Mexico for my tummy tuck Believe it or not, there are some affordable plastic surgeons in Vegas. I've already been pricing them. It is going to be summer 2013 when I get the tummy tuck. I was lucky and had pretty toned arms and legs before my sleeve surgery from a very active workout regiment. They have stayed the same. Obviously my problem was never exercise--it was overeating!! So it looks like my tummy is giong to pay the price for all those years of overeating. :-)

This is my biggest concern! I have been overweight since i was about 10! Mostly in my stomach and my man boobs :( lol

I'm set for surgery on July 25th, I have 100-105lb to lose and hope to have it off within a year which i think with the sleeve is very doable since i intend to really exercise and try to eat low carb.

I am 27 so I do have my age on my size and other than my stomach and man boobs the rest of my body isn't all bad. I've always carried my weight in the middle of my body.

My arms will tone up, they are probably the best part other than my lower legs and my thighs are a little chunky but not real big either. I really want a bubble butt LOL I intend on working on that thing like crazy!

I'm so excited!!!! Even if i have loose skin i'll have the Tummy Tuck but I really don't want to go through that pain! But I sure will do it if it will give me the body i've always dreamed of!

Good luck to you all!

Johnathan

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2012 at 1:45 PM, FishingNurse said:

I have lost 95 lbs as well, and I have not loose skin, although a few wrinkles on my abdomen. I could care less, its not like I will show my abdomen to anyone besides my boyfriend-- and he thinks I am beautiful no matter what. Luckily my butt, thighs and arms look pretty damn good!

This is about the amount I have to lose. What kind of exercise program/workouts did you do? How fast did the weight come off? Sorry for all the questions!