Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long does of take to stop hurting so intensely? And how long were you nauseous? I had surgery on Tuesday and the only thing I can get down is Water. My Protein makes me gag! I know I need it, but right now all I really care about is keeping hydrated with Water and trying to alleviate some of my pain.

I am certainly having "buyers remorse" and not liking my surgeon right now! How long did it take to feel somewhat better than feeling like you'd been run over by a Mack truck?

It will get better every day. Just take it one day at a time and walk as much as possible. CONGRATS! Welcome to the BIG LOSER'S BENCH! :)

At only two days out, you don't need to worry too much about getting your Protein. Yes it is important, but hydration is more important. Keeping drinking Water. As for the pain, if your doctor prescribed a pain med, be sure to take it, especially if it is in liquid form. My doctor gave me liquid Lortab and it was great. Being liquid it went straight to the source of the discomfort and stopped the pain right a way. I only had to use it for about 3 nights and not at all in the daytime. It does get better. Just give yourself a little more time and get the protein when you can.

you will feel better everyday starting at about day 6 or 7. the first week is rough. Even the first month is rough..... but soooooo worth it. Hang in there. YOU WILL FEEL GREAT soon enough!

Don't feel bad... I'm right there with you! Today is my Day 5 and for some reason its the day that I have felt the worst. Eveything seems to feel "bubbly" if that makes sense.

It took me several days to not have that "hit by a truck" feeling. It took about 2 weeks for me to lose a lingering pain on my right side. Everyone is different, of course.

Just focus on sipping Water all day, walk whenever you can, and rest! Every day that passes, you are healing. Just take it day by day, and minute by minute if needed! Congrats on your sleeve!

Oh, and your buyers remorse will pass once the pounds start dropping like crazy! :)

I had significant pain, not what I would call intense, for a good 4 - 6 hours. It was negligible after that.

I never had any nausea, so I can't comment on that one.

Don't worry about your Protein right now. Focus on core hydration. You can go without Protein just like you cam go without eating, but you need your fluids.

How long does of take to stop hurting so intensely? And how long were you nauseous? I had surgery on Tuesday and the only thing I can get down is Water. My protein makes me gag! I know I need it, but right now all I really care about is keeping hydrated with Water and trying to alleviate some of my pain.

I am certainly having "buyers remorse" and not liking my surgeon right now! How long did it take to feel somewhat better than feeling like you'd been run over by a Mack truck?

Don't freak out on your first week. I wasn't even allowed Protein until after day 7. All Clear Liquids, and with good reason. Take the pain meds. No points for leftovers. Be patient with your body as it heals. liquids, walking and using the little breather thingie are the three most important things you can do to help it along. The more you stick to a once an hour walking schedule, the better you will feel at the end of two weeks.

Thanks y'all for the quick replies. A friend of mine I met on here reminded about the heating pad. It is making a world of difference. Good to know I can give myself a little break on the Protein and just concentrate on my Water. Yesterday, I got over 50 ounces which I thought was pretty good this early out. I'm definitely not getting dehydrated. I will work on Protein after I heal just a bit. I'm usually not a weenie when it comes to pain, but after this surgery I sure feel like one! I do feel somewhat better and less hopeless after reading your posts and now that my pain is down to around a 2 or 3 from the 6 or 7 it was when I made the original post.

Thanks y'all for the quick replies. A friend of mine I met on here reminded about the heating pad. It is making a world of difference. Good to know I can give myself a little break on the Protein and just concentrate on my Water. Yesterday, I got over 50 ounces which I thought was pretty good this early out. I'm definitely not getting dehydrated. I will work on Protein after I heal just a bit. I'm usually not a weenie when it comes to pain, but after this surgery I sure feel like one! I do feel somewhat better and less hopeless after reading your posts and now that my pain is down to around a 2 or 3 from the 6 or 7 it was when I made the original post.

Good, good....

I just started feeling better this week and I was sleeved on Monday May 21st. It took about a week and a half before I could get a normal swallow in without foamy-gurgly ick, and I too have a heck of a time with the Protein drinks - everyhing that tasted good pre-surgery now tastes terrible, including everything with aspartame and other artificial sweeteners, even my favorite herbal tea no longer tastes good :( - the Protein chicken Soup mix is saving my life right now.

I started having a cup of lowfat milk here and there and that still tastes good - only now I think I may have become lactose intolerant (in a way this is a good thing because I can just have a little milk rather than disgusting Milk of Magnesia if I need to get the bowels to wakeup lol.)

On tuesday I have my 3 week check up so hopefully I will be advanced to mushies and I will have a wider range of protein choices. I too wondered if I would ever feel good again, and every day is a bit better. Hang in there, hopefully soon all of us new sleevers will have boundless energy and no pain any longer :)

I haven't developed any intolerances but for whatever reason milk just tastes/smells horrible to me now, and it hits my tongue as a bitter. This is not a big loss because I'm not a milk drinker anyway - I mostly used it for Protein Drinks a few years ago, and for an occasional treat with some homemade chai latte mix. I just picked up on this in the last week or so.