Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months Anniversary Today!

Well today marks my 6 month since my surgery on 12/21/11, I am down 40 pounds. I am not certain as to how I feel about that number :unsure: . Now I know that I am loosing (“at a snail’s pass!”) and I will welcome any loss what so ever, but I will say that I imagined the loss to be greater at my 6 month mark! Good news :P , as I have to keep telling myself, is that I am not saggy, my skin is good, in addition, and I do exercise and work out with weights. I am very curious to see how my next 6 months will go?

What was your weight on your surgery date? If you started out with a low BMI you can expect to lose much slower but still reach your goal within year (says my NUT). I know how you feel because I get too obsessed with what the scale says.

Congrats! My 4 month is today! I'm a slow loser, but that's fine w me. I'm so happy w my loss and feel like I have a whole new outlook on life! I'm now out of "obese" and into "overweight"! When I lose around 14 more lbs, my BMI will be on the high end of "normal". Me soooo happy!!!

Congrats!!! I'm close to my 6 month mark.. Hopefully my weightloss will be greater than it is now.. I spent a few months totally stressed out about not dropping huge amounts of weight... Congratulations and I'm very proud of you...

Forty pounds is a small child. You are doing better than I if your skin is still in good shape. You probably have more muscle mass than I do.

There is quite a few people who are slower losers, but they push to goal anyway. Congratulations on your 6 months journey!!!

Pammie, I am right there with you on the slow losing! Just remember that working out with weights kinda changes the way the scale works for you... you may be building muscle while losing inches/fat and that makes the scale do silly things! :) I am doing the weight workout/exercise routine too so I dont rely on the scale as much as I do my clothes and how they fit and also how my body is shaping. I would still rather see that darn scale move though!

At any rate, a loss is a loss and you are doing great! Keep on Rockin' that Sleeve!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches