Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Massages

Just Wondering....

Any of you go get massages on a regular basis?? Do they help with weightloss...

It seems in theory it would because they help circulate blood throughout the body...

just wondering...

thought I would put the question out there....

Ooooo if they do then that will give me an excuse to pamper myself ;-)

I am a massage therapist and although massage can not make you loose weight it can reduce stress by lowering the cortisol levels in your body. And it is totally worth it to pamper yourself!

hhmmm, ok, thank you for the response massageME! :) I was wondering....

I was so hoping for more input/answers on this topic. I have noticed if I apply pressure with my hand while rubbing my thighs I can feel what I think are little "fat balls". You can't see them, my thighs (at least on the front) have a pretty good shape/appearance. I had starting wondering if I bought some kind of massge thing (like Bed Bath & Beyond sells) if I were to use that applying pressure would it help break up those fat balls. I'm afraid that as I lose more weight that these fat balls (or whatever they are) are going to become noticable.

There are new approved devices for lipomassage that have apparently met some definition of effectiveness. I haven't researched it, though.

Knee those"fat balls" you see is actually fascia or connective tissue. And the good news is that massage and particularly the modality Myofascial Release can correct the fascia and make it lay more smoothly. I had a client that did the lipossage a few time and she said it worked but only for a few days did she feel "firmer".

I am a massage therapist and although massage can not make you loose weight it can reduce stress by lowering the cortisol levels in your body. And it is totally worth it to pamper yourself!

Glad to see another LMT on here. I've been licensed for 6 years here in Texas, but I just do it part time as I have another full time job.

If massage really did help people loose weight I could quit my other job for sure. :)

Lol Butter. I need to create a weight loss modality! Nice to see another therapist as well.

Just Wondering....

Any of you go get massages on a regular basis?? Do they help with weightloss...

It seems in theory it would because they help circulate blood throughout the body...

just wondering...

thought I would put the question out there....

I get professional massages at least once a month. It helps detox the body, helps with healing, stress, circulation and just feels great.

In the 60s, my mother's doctor told her to uses a wooden rolling pin, yep as in a kitchen tool. It will not help you lose weight but it helps with circulation and does smooth out those bumps. Roll away!

If it works for you and motivates you then I say go for it. I am skeptical though so I will keep taking my step aerobic classes, doing my lunges and squats and take spin classes to tighten and get rid of my fat. :D

If it works for you and motivates you then I say go for it. I am skeptical though so I will keep taking my step aerobic classes' date=' doing my lunges and squats and take spin classes to tighten and get rid of my fat. :D[/quote']

Oh, I cannot wait for work out clearance! A couple of more weeks. For now it is walking only.

Sent from my iPad using VST