Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here hAd the sleeve done and has PCOS? Just wondering if the weight loss is slower and if any of your symptoms have been gone or bettered since surgery? Would love some input. I'm getting sleeved mon may 14th!

What is PCOS?

Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition in which there is an imbalance of a woman's female hormones. This hormone imbalance may cause changes in the menstrual cycle, skin changes, small cysts in the ovaries, trouble getting pregnant, and other problems.

Yes. I HAD PCOS prior to surgery. I have NO symptoms now!

i had pcos , then i had the lapband lost 120 in about 8 months , and wham got pg with twins !!!lol ... had to get sleeved due to pg but worth it they told us we could never get pg on our own , my other babies are ivf and clomid babies .. this time around im religously taken the pill no more babies until im sleeved for atleast 2/4 yrs lol good luck

I am pre op and I have PCOS. I should have my surgery in 6 weeks. Jerseyjandj how long after your sleeve did you get pregnant? I really need to know! I am 35 and I do not want to have babies after 40.

Tynurse, thanks for asking this question, I had completely forgotten about PCOS!! :)

Kaiser says no pregnancy for two years after. Otherwise you will have a chance of baby with birth defects due to Vitamin deficiency because that first year especially you are taking in so few calories and nutrients. Soo I would wait two years that way you have lost all the excess weight and have maintained for a little. Then they say to not gain more than fifteen pounds while pregnant. Kaiser is really on you about birth control for this reason.

I was told preferably 18 months. I have PCOS but I only had surgery a little over two weeks ago.

Cara, I am doing this with Kaiser and yes, they told me the same thing. I guess I just wanted to hear about someone who successfully had a baby sooner! Thanks for the info.

We where told the same but since the told us we had less then a 3percent of conceiving on our own.and we had down many many years of fertility treatments ,iuis and ivfs. To have our other children we never thought we would get pg on our own much less with twins.best of luck

I think if you wait until 18 months when your weight loss has slowed that would be ok. You need to balance the desire to do it right away with the desire to be healthy. I have two very young children and am getting the sleeve because I want to be healthy for them and me. It would suck if you got pregnant too soon and missed out on the chance to lose your excess weight. :)

PCOS is one of my major motivators for surgery. No periods in ten years. No children. Not to mention the acne and Hair growth :( I'm hoping the weight loss will help with all these issues.