Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Sure Where Im Going...... Scared

I had my vgs 6 days ago and was discharged yesterday from hospital. I am still having major trouble in drinking anything and have bad pain just under my breast bone. I am trying to keep up my liquids but can only manage about 600ml a day. Anyone got any suggestions.

Keep up your fluids, especially your Water intake. If the pain is at your stomach level, I think it is normal.

Don't panic, but be vigilant. Watch for strange signs:excessive pain, fever,...

Goodluck.

I am 3 weeks and 5 days out. I know the pain you speak of. I still encounter it now but less frequently and it hurts less too. I found Popsicles worked best during your stage, along with Hot Drinks. It'd hard to keep up with the liquids but u must try. Good luck! It gets easier!

Thanks guys. Ended up in emergency room not long after posting this and doc has me back in hospital trying to work out if a possible leak as loads of pain and now sweats too.

I'm thinking about you and hoping for a quick diagnoses and recovery. Big hugs.

Hang in there. It is not suppossed to go that way but glad they r taking care of u there at the hospital.

Hope it's not a leak. Best wishes.

Seen doc this am. He saying no leak all looks good. Just have to retrain stomach and mind to drink little bits regular. Another 24 hours observation see if can do 1.5 litters on own.

Hope the doc is right Louise.

Where were you sleeved? Which doctor?

Early on it was easier to drink warmer liquids or room temp drinks. Early on I used to keep a bottle of Water near me all the time so I could drink my way through the day rather than trying to get it in set times.

Happy to give some advise if you need from a fellow aussie.

Don't even try ice cream. It sounds wonderful but it makes everyone sick.

Just try to sip Water or other liquids. Try to take a small sip every 10 min. Warm seems to work best for most people in the beginning.

Agree with OredonDaisy, avoid milk and ice cream early on.

Dairy made me ill for quite a while after surgery, and still cant have more than 2 spoonfuls of ice cream or yoghurt now a days. Clear Soups are really nice early on, warm and also finally some flavour.

Icy poles were also my saviour early on as well, it was the first thing the hospital gave me when I was finally allowed liquids.

Keep your spirits up, it will get better.

Hey guys. Well day three in hospital. Slept well woke up feeling really good this morning. Took your advice and had clear Soup for dinner. Managed 150ml. And no swollen belly or feeling sick. So all I can say is no more dairy for me. See how the day progresses maybe allowed home this Arvo.