Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Am I Getting My F*#$%^ Surgery Date?

Sorry Guys,

I just had to get that out. I've been waiting since October for the surgeon's office to call with my surgery date. I know they told everyone at the seminar not to repeatedly call them asking for the date but come on. I was told he was about 4 months behind back in October but I'm coming up on 4 months of waiting and they haven't even called with the date. I'm so impatient and I want this NOW!!! Whenever I try to call the office, I just get a machine and they never return my call. I guess everyone calls though so they probably just don't have the time.

Thanks for letting me vent for a minute. Ugggghhhh this is so frustrating. I guess the hardest part is over though - actually getting approved. I want my sexy body by spring dammitt! Come on!!! :o)

Spring... My surgerys on the 17th of Feb and I am just hoping for fall or winter. Have you stocked up on your Clear Liquids, Proteins, antacids, gasx, hibiclense, gauze pads and so on. I got to go buy me a ninja chopper so I can puree me some mushies and make some virgin margaritas. Patience. All good things come to those who r patient

(null)

Capt. Derel - I actually haven't stocked up on anything yet. I figured I'd wait until I had the actual date and then make a mad dash to the store. I have however been trying different Protein Shakes to figure out which kind I like. I'm not a big fan of "milky" vanilla or chocolate drinks (hate chocolate milk) so I'm hoping to find some Protein Drinks that are more of a fruity juice nature. I'm still experimenting though.

Oh yeah, and I know Spring was kind of a stretch but I'd like to be sleeved and showing some kind of results by the time my cruise comes in October. :o)

Don't know why my posts keep showing that smiley at the end BTW. LOL

4 months seems far too long. Have you already gone through the insurance requirements/approval? Perhaps you should look into an alternate surgeon?

My surgeons office has been great, and basically 'held my hand' through the entire process. The day I got my insurance approval they scheduled my surgery date.

I hope you get some news soon!

LoL i hear you, promasil is what I have right now. I ordered 25lbs from www.trueprotein.com but I guarantee its better than anything you can find on the market besides Isopure. I used to hang around the bodybuilding crowd before I got fat. But anyways their Protein is unflavored plus they have lots of flavors you can add if you want.

Just a hint :)

(null)

@ Sabrina -

Yes, I've actually been approved and went to see the surgeon in October. I have Kaiser Insurance so I'm limited to my surgeon choices in my area. He did tell me he had a 4 month waiting list for surgery but I'm coming up on the 4 months and thought I'd at least know the date by now. This is so frustrating!!!!!

@Capt. D - Thanks so much! I'll have to definitely give them. If I ever get a damn date that is. LOL Just kidding!

Capt. D - I've only been able to find vanilla or chocolate. Where did you find the unflavored kind? I typed in trueprotein.com but it took me to truenutrition.com and a search of the product turned up nothing.

Thanks so much Capt!

That IS super frustrating. The whole process is enough to drive someone mad! I hope you get our date soon. Why don't you try actually showing up at the office since no one answers the phone. Then they have to talk to you.

Good luck!

Sorry Guys,

I just had to get that out. I've been waiting since October for the surgeon's office to call with my surgery date. I know they told everyone at the seminar not to repeatedly call them asking for the date but come on. I was told he was about 4 months behind back in October but I'm coming up on 4 months of waiting and they haven't even called with the date. I'm so impatient and I want this NOW!!! Whenever I try to call the office, I just get a machine and they never return my call. I guess everyone calls though so they probably just don't have the time.

Thanks for letting me vent for a minute. Ugggghhhh this is so frustrating. I guess the hardest part is over though - actually getting approved. I want my sexy body by spring dammitt! Come on!!! :o)

LOL :) *hugs* dear... deep deep breaths!!! I understand why you're so anxious. I have to tell you, being sleeved was the best thing ever to happen to me, so you have a lot to look forward to. My fingers are crossed in hopes you will get your scheduling soon.