Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wad sleeved on Wednesday and came home Thursday. I already feel I was a little behind because my surgery was pushed back very late in the day so did not get much recovery time that day. I did manage to drink the next day and had one ounce of cream Soup. Since I got home I have been working on my fluids and I love milk and have been drinking that too. I also still have some lingering gas which makes me feel full and bloated. My problem is I am really scared to try to eat anything more solid. I get so full just on liquids and the thought of food almost repulses me. I think I am hungry because my stomach rumbles all the time, but I know that can be acid. I got sent home with a PPI but it is huge and I know I can't swallow it. I have a call into my doctor about it. I know it is irrational to be scared of food, but I am. Just really needing some encouragement.

Congratulations on your sleeve. Did they tell you to start eating more solid foods? I was on clear fluids for two weeks after surgery. Then I was on mushies until 6 weeks. I also came home from the hospital with a ppi but I open the capsule and dump the contents on my tongue then drink a sip of Water or two until it is down. You can ask your pharmacist if you can do that with yours. Good Luck to you. Take good care of your self.

I can have full liquids right now. I tried sipping injury chicken Soup but something about the smell turns me off. Smells really bother me now for some reason.

If your pill is solid can you crush it and mix it with a little Water? How long are you on full liquids? I would not worry now about solids as you will not be on them for awhile (or at least that is how my doc has set it). Work on what you can do now and allow the swelling to go down and the staple line to heal.

LOL, I had the smell thing too! I actually sent my husband to brush his teeth a couple of times during the first weeks. It had never bothered me before...and never bothered me again after a couple of weeks. But a few times I was thinking "phew, ripe". I also smelled all kinds of other things that I was never that aware of -- including myself (also phew, ripe).

Otherwise, I would stay with the light foods - just because you can have full solids right after surgery doesn't mean you MUST have them. Take it easy, most people get full solids after 2 weeks, so if you get to it in a week, you'll be fine!

Hello, I had to stay on liquid for 5 days, then puree foods, etc.... I had a hard time with the food as well... sugar free Popcycles were and are my best friend still! I talked to my doc at my one month check up and told him I couldnt do food much yet at all and he was not concerned a bit..... told me to be sure to only eat when I am hungry, focus on my Protein and solid food will be tolerated when I am ready for it. I am now at 2 month mark and there are still foods that I will not even try because I do not want to upset my stomach. I love my crystal light, popcycles and protein shakes!

Hang in there, everyone is different.....and only you know what your body can and cannot tolerate!