Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op. I have absolutely no energy. I'm so tired. I take Vitamins, I eat Protein. I don't know whats wrong with me. I get so jealous of the people that say they are losing and have so much more energy now. I'm losing but no energy. I get pains in my leg I have an ear infection. I'm miserable. So sorry just venting.

I have the no energy thing off and on during the day. I wake up tired but not sleepy and then about an hour after I have something to eat (well drink as Im still on liquids) I perk up. Then its back down later in the afternoon and up in the evening. Its a really big adjustment for my body to go from the calories I was taking to what I am getting in now. I am hoping things will get better when I am on solid foods. Hope you are feeling better soon.

3 weeks out, no one has much energy. You are eating way too little calories to be a powerhouse, but give it some time. Once you get to more and substantial foods, you'll be fine. How many calories do you eat? Remember, aside from a little bit of stomach, your body is still the same but instead of feeding it 2000 calories, you probably are giving it less than 500 calories. You are still recovering from surgery.

vickie I am 5 weeks out and still am having a problem with energy..Until you get on solid foods you are going to be limited.. The anesthesia usually takes at least 4 weeks to get out of your system..Be kind to yourself!!! As far as weight loss the people with higher bmi lose weight faster.. So you low bmi'er don't loose that fast. You will get to your goal you just have to be patient. Get you Protein in and up your Water intake as much as possible. You will start feeling better soon..

I can't add much since i'm only one week out except.... I'm assuming you've had your thyroid checked ????

I have Hypothyroidism and it will slow you down if not treated.

I'm 3 months out and have energy issues on/off. Yes....I am doing everything I am supposed to. Plus, I am working out. Had my labs checked and everything is good except my Vitamin D is a little below where they want it. I can tell you every day is different. One day I feel great and the next day is kinda blah.... I was told by my Surgeon it's normal. Honestly, you should try to give yourself a break and let your body recover for 6-8 weeks. It's a bad time of the year for illness and that doesn't help!! Good luck to you :)

I would also suggest taking a B Vitamin (the ones that dissolve under your tongue can be bought at Trader Joes!).

But from what I hear it is very common to be exhausted after the surgery!

I'm a month out and I'm the same way. I still have to take naps in the middle of the day because I don't have the energy I used to have. My doc said it's from my body getting used to not getting as many calories as it once had. It's an adjustment. Also, it takes some of us longer to bounce back from being up under. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago and bounce back faster than I have from this!

I've only been back to work for a week, and even last week I only worked 1/2 days because of exhaustion. Today at lunch, in fact, I'm going to take a nap.

It happens to some of us. Hang in there. Make sure that you're getting enough Protein and fluids.

Hope you feel better soon!

I have hypothyroidism, too, and haven't had my surgery yet. Do you take your Levoxyl or whatever as usual after surgery?

I can't add much since i'm only one week out except.... I'm assuming you've had your thyroid checked ????

I have Hypothyroidism and it will slow you down if not treated.

I have hypothyroidism, too, and haven't had my surgery yet. Do you take your Levoxyl or whatever as usual after surgery?

Yes, you do. I couldn't swallow the tiny pills until day 4 post-op but after that it was fine. My doc said 3 days without was okay. Also, your dosage will decrease as you lose weight.

At 8 months out I still have some energy issues, i'm just now starting to feel more energetic. There are many reasons Vitamin b is important, you're in a constant caloric deficeincy and your body is revolting and finally for some there's a bit of depression that stems from being separated from food.

I also have sleep apnea and they want me at 240 before they do a new sleep study so I have that going for me too.

I do get B12 shots and have a great PCP who takes my readings and really cares to get me into the appropriate levels for all Vitamins.

I have run on coffee and naps for most of the past 8 months, i'm waiting to feel great because with all the weight i've lost I should feel energetic. It's coming around slowly but surely at times I feel such a burst now but i'm dealing with peaks and valleys... At least i'm getting peaks now as for the first 6 months that wasn't the case.

Hang in there it will get better!!!

I also have no energy. I cannot exercise because I feel tired all the time. I am doing everything I need to and I can't seem to get it together. I cried so much yesterday, because I feel as though I'm not proving to myself I can do this. I cannot let myself down.

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op. I have absolutely no energy. I'm so tired. I take Vitamins, I eat Protein. I don't know whats wrong with me. I get so jealous of the people that say they are losing and have so much more energy now. I'm losing but no energy. I get pains in my leg I have an ear infection. I'm miserable. So sorry just venting.

Almost 2 weeks post op (on Thursday). My energy is very low, but not horrible. I went back to work yesterday, since I have a desk job didn't think it would be too much. I took a power nap at lunch time for about 20 minutes, that seemed to help. I look forward to having more energy soon. I miss coffee too!