Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone at goal and still having body issues? I look at myself and still feel like I look horrible :( I have saggy skin everywhere (even discovered my butt is saggy last week... depressing) and honestly, I think I felt more sexy when I weighed over 300 lb :(

Also..... I am well under goal (20 pounds below) and it kinda depresses me to hear of other people being size 2.... I guess I need to just realize I will NEVER be a size 2 and a size 12 is normal and healthy FOR ME, but..... I feel like I am a failure and will never be skinny.

sigh.....

I struggled with this very thing for several months after I went below goal, and to an extent, I still look at myself even in a size 2 and hate what I see.

I really don't think I will ever be 100% content with my body. I do plan on plastic surgery, but that will not fix my head. I know that having full, round breasts again will make me feel feminine, but it's not going to completely fix the way I view myself.

I've been below goal for a year now. My body is still changing on a monthly basis even though my weight is the same. I'm not sure if I'll ever like what I see when I'm naked. I do know I look amazing in clothes, but that doesn't help much when I get out of the shower and am reminded that my body is a weird shape now, my breasts are just skin bags, and my inner thighs are super wrinkly and flabby.

I still wouldn't go back to weighing 270lbs for anything, and I'm working on accepting that the body I have is a grim reminder of all the punishment I put it through for so many years of being morbidly obese.

I still see myself as a very hugh person . . . monsterous actually. . .until yesterday. . . daughter came home for the weekend from university and we were just sitting around talking. . i was sitting on a small stool (kindergarten type) and she asked me to try her new hat on. . . she took a picture and what i saw looking back at me shocked me. . . it was a very thin tall woman. . . i couldn't believe that was me. . . on her phone i look very thin, but when i see myself in the mirror i don't see that at all. . . I still want to lose about 30 or 40 lbs.

I always used to say that i would be so happy if i was thinner. . . but you know what? My brain hasn't shrunk, I have, I still have a little depression going on and I struggle with many issues every day. . . losing weight didn't make me happier at all, it made me healthier and such, but i have to work on the issues. . .

I struggled with this very thing for several months after I went below goal, and to an extent, I still look at myself even in a size 2 and hate what I see.

I really don't think I will ever be 100% content with my body. I do plan on plastic surgery, but that will not fix my head. I know that having full, round breasts again will make me feel feminine, but it's not going to completely fix the way I view myself.

I've been below goal for a year now. My body is still changing on a monthly basis even though my weight is the same. I'm not sure if I'll ever like what I see when I'm naked. I do know I look amazing in clothes, but that doesn't help much when I get out of the shower and am reminded that my body is a weird shape now, my breasts are just skin bags, and my inner thighs are super wrinkly and flabby.

I still wouldn't go back to weighing 270lbs for anything, and I'm working on accepting that the body I have is a grim reminder of all the punishment I put it through for so many years of being morbidly obese.

you're right..... oh so true. I also know i look good in clothes.... it's just when I get ready for bed, BDing or in the shower that i look at myself and sigh.... I try to remember that the sagging skin is just testiment to my hard work, but it is also testiment to my horrible habits that got me to where i was.... :(

I still see myself as a very hugh person . . . monsterous actually. . .until yesterday. . . daughter came home for the weekend from university and we were just sitting around talking. . i was sitting on a small stool (kindergarten type) and she asked me to try her new hat on. . . she took a picture and what i saw looking back at me shocked me. . . it was a very thin tall woman. . . i couldn't believe that was me. . . on her phone i look very thin, but when i see myself in the mirror i don't see that at all. . . I still want to lose about 30 or 40 lbs.

I always used to say that i would be so happy if i was thinner. . . but you know what? My brain hasn't shrunk, I have, I still have a little depression going on and I struggle with many issues every day. . . losing weight didn't make me happier at all, it made me healthier and such, but i have to work on the issues. . .

ya.... i have taken a lot of pics along my journey and going back to look at where i was and where i am helps at times. i know i look better to people.... I just don't FEEL different.

Doesn't help that I feel like DH only wants to have sex when it is baby making time. Everyone seems to think he is probably wanting to jump me all the time because I "look sooo good!!" uh.... not even close.

And.... I have realized I Am eating horribly and probably subconsciously WANT to put on weight... WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!?!

Thank you for post and responses. I too still see myself as overweight. Automatically go to the big girl sizes in stores and have even gone into dressing room with a size 20 (I am a size 6 or 8) to try on. When someone comments on me being being skinny or small, I have ignored them. Then walking away I realize they were talking to me and not someone else.

What do I see in the mirror? I bear the scars of my abuse to my body.A girl I used to know decades ago with an addition few scars, strech marks, gray hair at the roots and flabby skin. The turkey neck is the worst. At least you have a rear end to speak of, where as mine has totally disappeared.

Yet, I am happy with results and will never go back to my ways. Good news is that not too many people see us naked and looking good in clothes!

I definitely think this is part of the journey that no one really talks about. I am sooooooooo going through this right now. I hate my stomach - the excess skin is revolting to me. My husband thinks I am nuts & I should "just be happy with where you are now" ... but he can't do it for me - I have to come to that point. If I can't, I need to find a way to surgically "fix" it.

There's one sexual position that is a no-go for me now because of how I feel about my body - me on top. It's not an option - don't even ask! My boobies just hang there like deflated balloons and my stomach has vertical folds like an accordion from the stretch marks and empty skin when I lean over from the waist. At the age of 50 I'm not even considering a Tummy Tuck - after 2 C-sections, full open hysterectomy, lap-band and then sleeve I'm DONE with abdominal surgeries!

My hubby is blissfully happy with the way I look now, so it's just me nitpicking. My super-feminist daughter is trying to teach me to love myself no matter how I look, but it's not an easy thing to do. She even gets on to me for coloring my hair - but hey - that's the one thing I WILL NOT give up for quite some time - ha!

We women are so hard on ourselves, and the way society worships perfect bodies doesn't help with our self-esteem when we don't measure up. It's a constant struggle to be as loving to ourselves as we are to others.

We are our own worst enemy and critic! And yes the excess skin is our battle scars from our battle of the bulge lol. I am pre-op but about to get sleeved. My sis wanted me to research some plastic surgeon for her so I was viewing some of their before and after pics and it was kinda depressing that I know this will be my future. Pre-op I have this huge panni hanging low now, i can only imagine how horrible it will look post-op. What is the purpose of losing tons of weight to still have that?? So I am now preparing for post-op plastics and thinking of ways now to begin funding it.

I feel the same way I never really saw how big I had become and I don't seem to see the lose. I brought in a skirt to be altered put it on i had to hold it up because it was over 5 inches too big but still don't see it.

I am having a lot of the same issues. I am lucky that I don't have a lot of excess skin but when I look in the mirror, I see 20 lbs to lose. The funny thing when I looked in the mirror 106lbs ago, I saw 20 lbs to lose. Why don't we see ourselves as others do? The other day someone referred to something and said, " a small guy like you". I can't wrap my head around it, being a small guy. My weight of 193 might seem a little high but I wear size 31 jeans. I guess I am a small guy. Now I need to sit in my little chair in the corner.

I think this is a great thread. I am fitting comfortably into most size 14s which is a dream come true (I am not at goal yet but still very happy with this) BUT I realized that I feel less attractive then ever. It has nothing to do with the stretch marks and loose skin - this has everything to do with my brain.

I realized that I am doing a few things that don't help. First thing is although I have bought new clothes for wearing out and about, I am in the bad habit of wearing baggy clothes around the house. I realized that is part of what makes me "feel" so fat. Even as silly as undies, the other day I realized i was wearing baggy panties - no wonder I don't feel attractive. My new promise to myself is to wear decently fitting clothes ALL the time not just at the office etc. I hope this contributes to me feeling better.

I have never gone shopping with girlfriends since i was in whole different weight class - none of my friends are plus sized. Now that I can fit into the normal range of sizes, I had really fun shopping trip with a girlfriend and was even inspired to repierce my years (I had let them grow back). It was fun and for at least an afternoon, I did feel pretty.

I finally brought up with hubby that after losing 117 pounds I have yet to hear him say ANYTHING about it. No compliments, no encouragement no nothing. He isn't responsible for how I feel, but lets be honest as women we often look to our partners to reflect back how they "see" us, to express our feminity etc. His response was "I have always thought you are attractive". That was a kind thing to say, but I looked like crap at 300# and I guess i just wish that he would express some interest in my new found body and appearance. Not sure I can change this one.

I really need to get rid of my 18/20 lane Bryant draws! I am in a medium now :). All of it is so expensive!

I really need to get rid of my 18/20 lane Bryant draws! I am in a medium now :). All of it is so expensive!

Lol i love this....but yeah..sexy undies r expensive

I am glad this thread was revived!

I am now 13 months out, down 140# and wearing a size 10. The skin is ugly BUT I FEEL so great, get alot of compliments and plenty of "looks" that I am over the moon happy. I am choosing to focus on the positives and that makes me feel good. I wish wish wish that I had a tight body....and I do under the loose skin.... but reality is that many women my age are not fit nor healthy looking so I dont compare badly really. Even with the loose skin - my excercise, healthy diet and lifestyle help me look pretty good.

I remember years ago when I was dating my husband I felt compelled to tell him that I was really a fat girl in a temporarily thin body! Previous to meeting him I had dieted and exercised my way down 100 pounds! He didn't care and still doesn't and we are happily married even though my prediction came true!! I am so excited to get sleeved and to lose this weight hopefully for the last time but I wonder if I will always self identify as a fat girl in a temporarily thin body???