Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much taco bell

Hi all

I'm 10 mos out and I'm curious about what people are eating. I feel like I can eat alot. I can eat 2 taco suprems from taco bell. The last few bites of the second one are tough... but I can do it with no discomfort later. Now I know I shouldnt be eating taco supremes..... but dang they are good. Anyway.... I get worried sometimes about how much I can eat..... can anybody else eat this muc. If so, do you worry about maintenance?

Thanks for you input

stacey

I had two plain beef Tacos last Saturday but I know I couldn't handle two supremes. This stuff is really high in calories so you have to watch them: http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/calculator/

Have yall ever tried the Fresco line at taco bell. It is suppose to be a whole lot better than the regular tacos..I know yall didn't want to hear eat the healthy ones. But it would definetly cut down on your calories

Yea... they are definately a "no" food... it was a little splurge.... I was mostly just scared by the volume I was able to consume.

I can eat 1 taco from Taco Bell, but I still have to pull off the rounded part of the tortilla. If I tried to put in more than that, I'd be burping up food.

I have noticed at 20 months out that if I eat meat and say bread or a tortilla together, I can fit more in. I usually take 2 bites with the tortilla, then dump the cheese/lettuce/meat out eat that, then maybe a couple more bites of tortilla.

I can only eat 1/2 of a bean burrito with sour cream and I pull all the folded tortilla away and can not eat that much tortilla. The Taco Supreme is just a regular taco with sour cream, right? There isn't extra meat or cheese. The sour cream is what makes it "supreme".

I can eat 1 taco from Taco Bell, but I still have to pull off the rounded part of the tortilla. If I tried to put in more than that, I'd be burping up food.

I have noticed at 20 months out that if I eat meat and say bread or a tortilla together, I can fit more in. I usually take 2 bites with the tortilla, then dump the cheese/lettuce/meat out eat that, then maybe a couple more bites of tortilla.

I can only eat 1/2 of a bean burrito with sour cream and I pull all the folded tortilla away and can not eat that much tortilla. The Taco Supreme is just a regular taco with sour cream, right? There isn't extra meat or cheese. The sour cream is what makes it "supreme".

Yea... I think the only difference is the sour cream. This actually probably makes it a little more of a "slider" than a regular taco.

The nice thing is.... I have never been overly tempted by these foods... fast food... potatoe chips...etc. They are nice once in a while.. but not really my thing. My thing was sweets. I loved cake and Cookies so much... mmm. Now... I think I have a dumping syndrome of sorts. I know we are not supposed to get that, but if I eat a sugary treat I am nauseaus and doubled up over the toilet. It takes about 45 minuets fo me to get back to normal. I know this sounds like a bad side effect, but I'm thankful. Its a swift and harsh consequence for forays into the danger zone.

thanks

stacey

I can eat almost a whole taco, some days the whole one. my absolute favorite flavor there is the baja steak chalupa but I can't eat the whole thing. Its a real learning thing to get to the place that it's okay to walk away from food without cleaning your plate.

Stcyt - I have the same thing with sweets, don't know why but it helps keep me away from them so I guess that is a good thing!

Be careful. Those are slider foods. no wonder they go down so easy

I am almost 6 months out and I can actually eat a double decker now :(scarrrry...but typically I only order a taco supreme or taco fresco style.

I really dont get in too much of a panic when I eat out. I am NOT going to gain back all the weight I lost because I eat a taco. I don't do it all the time and before I would be eating 4 or 5 tacos plus slurping down a huge drink and probably a burrito. I plan to eat what I want, slider foods or no - just way less. And I don't know about for other people, but while the junk foods are a treat once in a while the actual mad cravings for them have pretty much gone away. I am no longer focused all day on what I am going to eat next, when meal time comes along, then I decide what I am want to eat and I have it.

I love my sleeve, it is truly the best gift I could have ever given myself. :rolleyes:

nope, sorry at 14 months out i can't even finish 1/2 of a taco. . .nor can I finish a 6 " subway turkey sandwich, that i have to get them to cut in half to have a 3" . . . :blink:

my problem is i can eat often! not much, but often and that adds up!:huh:

I really dont get in too much of a panic when I eat out. I am NOT going to gain back all the weight I lost because I eat a taco. I don't do it all the time and before I would be eating 4 or 5 tacos plus slurping down a huge drink and probably a burrito. I plan to eat what I want, slider foods or no - just way less. And I don't know about for other people, but while the junk foods are a treat once in a while the actual mad cravings for them have pretty much gone away. I am no longer focused all day on what I am going to eat next, when meal time comes along, then I decide what I am want to eat and I have it.

I love my sleeve, it is truly the best gift I could have ever given myself. :rolleyes:

Kathy you are soooo right! Before I would have 3 or 4 items and tons to drink with it, and probably go for a dessert shortly after...thanks for reminding me of that!!!! Yayyyyy SLEEVEIE!

I get kind of nervous when I hear how little others can eat. I really feel like I can eat pretty big portions. Thank goodness for the dumping. You guys are right though.... 2 tacos are better than the 4 I used to snarf.

My weight stayed the same this month which was pretty dissapointing since I'm about 8 lbs from goal. Clearly.... its my own darn fault since I went to taco bell (there were two other indescretions that I am embarrassed to admit here) I did do 40 minutes of cardio every morning before Breakfast and lifted at lunch almost every single day.... I was kind of hoping that would offset the bad behavior. Not so..... theres no rest for the weary.

thanks for the input guys

stacey

Very true! I think the best gift we can give ourselves is TRUE freedom from food. That being if I decided I wanted a Taco Bell Taco for dinner, by golly I'll have one and move on. One taco does fill me up and I have to take off any excess tortilla. I usually get the chicken and they put a good amount of meat in it. It holds me all night long too. To me, that makes me *happy* not *guilty*!!! Besides, I don't even think I've had Taco bell in a very long time. Maybe even only once post op.

My only suggestion would be if you can feel satisfied on one taco, then let that be it. No reason to eat more if you don't really need it. Try not to push the limits if it's possible. Also, Stacy - you are at a very good weight for yourself. You have done very well, and if it takes you awhile to hit your desired weight then it does. You *are* a success story here, but you have to believe that in yourself for it to be so!!! Just my opinion of course, and you know what they say about opinions!!!... :lol:

I used to drop $15-20 each time I visited Taco Bell and I have eaten there a few times but anything there is probably a slider food, I would imagine maybe the best item on the menu is the pintos and cheese.

I've had a bean burrito and it sat in my system for almost a day, it made me feel ill

I also have ordered the chicken XXL Chalupa but I can't finish all that breading

I know these definitely aren't the best choices but once in a while is alright as long as it isn't becoming a habit.

Haven't been in a while and i'm actually staying away until I lose more weight, would try the Fresca line but what makes it so good for me is the sour cream, cheese, and lava sauce, this also makes it bad for me oh well.