Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a few coworkers who gets do angry I just want to slap them ! I get tired of people asking why I don't just go on a diet and eat right. I only told them because I wanted to request the time off ,not because I want their advice. I am a 33 year old woman who is paying cash out of my pocket and my hard earned vacation time . I am not shy about telling people to mind their buisness but I had a guy today act like I owed him an explanation of some sort and he just kept popping off and saying what a quiter I am.I just wish I could slap a gag on his big mouth and put tape over it !

it is none of their business!!! gah that makes me angry too. im not telling anyone besides my mother about my surgery for this reason. whats your surgery day? and who is doing your surgery? im going to dr kelly sometime in feb. im asking because im going alone and im hoping to meet someone who will be there same time as me. good luck!!!

So been there, that is why I refuse to talk about it anymore. I hate how people can be so judgemental. I discovered the work place is not the most supportive of places for sleeve surgery. I am interested to see what they say months after the surgery.

If I manage to get this surgery done, I don't plan on telling many people... maybe only a handful because a lot of them will judge and resent me for it. I've always been the feel better person, by that I mean they like to have me around so they can feel better about themselves. Those are the last people I would want to know I've made the right decision for myself. I have tried to lose the weight naturally and alas, I am still obese. Was even told I didn't "commit" enough because I had other things going on in my life and couldn't squeeze in 2 hours work out time. And these are friends and family members with no kids. PFFFFT I say to them and shame on them for even thinking they have the smallest idea as to what I am going through. I hear you!!!

I find it interesting that when a person is overweight everyone that is not feels they own you. Meaning that they have a say in how you should run your life. I have gotten fed up by all the comments of "are you really going to eat that", "wow your eating a salad, are you on a diet?" so on and so on... I just want to take out a club and beat some sense into them. Maybe you should ask them why they feel they have any right to put down your judgement on your life and that they have NO business making any claims about it.

Tell them to come and give thier opinions on your life when their life is absolutely perfect (which will be never). Until then they should keep their ignorant remarks to themselves.

Sorry this got me super ticked off and wanting to fly out to smack some sense into your ignorant co-workers.

I really didn't tell but a select few from my friends..They just don't understand that we don't want to talk about the sugery we just want them to understand that we are having it.. Nothing more nerve racking that someone who is a professional about the body and how we should just push our plate away.. I understand I really really do.. I too wish that people wasn't soo shallow and hopeless..

it is none of their business!!! gah that makes me angry too. im not telling anyone besides my mother about my surgery for this reason. whats your surgery day? and who is doing your surgery? im going to dr kelly sometime in feb. im asking because im going alone and im hoping to meet someone who will be there same time as me. good luck!!!

I am also going with Dr. Kelly and my Date is Feb 21st I am taking my husband he is Hispanic and you are more than welcome to hang with us.

Co workers need to mind their business, I'm not looking forward to going back to work in a few weeks the looks...the whisper...UGGGGGH! Just reading your post made want to tell your co workers off, why when your over weight everyone has an opinion. Hang in there, hopfully their attitudes will change after your surgery. Good Luck

I just felt almost boxed in or on the spot like all eyes on Sadie let's see what she has to say for herself . I have been at my job 61/2 years they are like my second family, and just like family they all want to weigh in. Ya know when I start losing they would either say I am sick or on drugs so I was like ok I am getting . I just held my ground and he walked off ( I had my fingures crossed he would trip and fall) I do have some that are very supportive and I think the thin girls worry that itay pull attention away from them.

It's just so nice to open up on here and just get support from people who just want to help others and be there . It is a support system like none I have seen before and that will keep me motivated . Thank you everyone

Co workers need to mind their business, I'm not looking forward to going back to work in a few weeks the looks...the whisper...UGGGGGH! Just reading your post made want to tell your co workers off, why when your over weight everyone has an opinion. Hang in there, hopfully their attitudes will change after your surgery. Good Luck

I am calling you in on the case next time lol by this summer they will be gagging on their words

I have a few coworkers who gets do angry I just want to slap them ! I get tired of people asking why I don't just go on a diet and eat right. I only told them because I wanted to request the time off ,not because I want their advice. I am a 33 year old woman who is paying cash out of my pocket and my hard earned vacation time . I am not shy about telling people to mind their buisness but I had a guy today act like I owed him an explanation of some sort and he just kept popping off and saying what a quiter I am.I just wish I could slap a gag on his big mouth and put tape over it !

Silence is golden... duct tape is silver. ;)

Silence is golden... duct tape is silver. ;)

That is funny!

I can understand your frustration. I can't imagine one of my coworkers sharing something with me and thinking I know what is a better choice for them then they would know themselves. I know that several women in the office I previously worked at went through different WLS procedures and even though I find the bypass just freaky and scary, I just wished them the best and truly was happy for them being able to have that light at the end of their tunnel.

Just keep your head up, though you shared with them doesn't give them the right to critique you, it is not like you asked their opinions. This is between you and your doctor. Like Tat said...carry some duct tape hehe.

That is funny!

I can understand your frustration. I can't imagine one of my coworkers sharing something with me and thinking I know what is a better choice for them then they would know themselves. I know that several women in the office I previously worked at went through different WLS procedures and even though I find the bypass just freaky and scary, I just wished them the best and truly was happy for them being able to have that light at the end of their tunnel.

Just keep your head up, though you shared with them doesn't give them the right to critique you, it is not like you asked their opinions. This is between you and your doctor. Like Tat said...carry some duct tape hehe.

That good advice I am the same way .... live and let live

yay!!!! sadie_mo i have been trying to decide on feb 14th or the 21st. if you and your husband will adopt me i know my prayers have been answered! i have been so scared to go alone and just knowing someone else there will be great. where are you traveling from? have you paid your deposit yet? im from oklahoma. i wil be paying my deposit next friday. im crossing my fingers that i can get on the schedule for the 21st.

yay!!!! sadie_mo i have been trying to decide on feb 14th or the 21st. if you and your husband will adopt me i know my prayers have been answered! i have been so scared to go alone and just knowing someone else there will be great. where are you traveling from? have you paid your deposit yet? im from oklahoma. i wil be paying my deposit next friday. im crossing my fingers that i can get on the schedule for the 21st.

I am flying from Dallas on the 21st and landing around 9 and they said that was ok.No I haven't paid all yet I have to be done paying in January on the 7th. We are getting passports Friday we are doing the passport ID cards it is so much cheaper. I am doing a Facebook count down as well I am so excited. We go to OK pretty often to gambel what part r u from