Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh... I hurt. I had my surgery yesterday, 11/17, and today has been hard. I know that's to be expected but what I didn't expect is just how much pain I'd be in today. I was released from the hospital today (Kaiser Richmond) and have been taking the max dose of liquid Vicodin and even cutting short the time between doses a bit just to get through the pain. I've been walking and sipping Water so I feel like I'm doing the right things. Thanks to everyone here, I know this will get better. One good thing is that I'm not mourning the loss of favorite foods. I will check in again tomorrow.

Ugh... I hurt. I had my surgery yesterday, 11/17, and today has been hard. I know that's to be expected but what I didn't expect is just how much pain I'd be in today. I was released from the hospital today (Kaiser Richmond) and have been taking the max dose of liquid Vicodin and even cutting short the time between doses a bit just to get through the pain. I've been walking and sipping Water so I feel like I'm doing the right things. Thanks to everyone here, I know this will get better. One good thing is that I'm not mourning the loss of favorite foods. I will check in again tomorrow.

Hang in there. You are only 1 day post-op. It took me till day 4 to start getting any relief. My doctors office told me that I needed to realize I have just had major surgery and a lot of pain this first week is normal. They assured me to keep taking the pain meds - don't try to be tough - your body has been through a major ordeal. Yeah, it's kind of weird - I haven't even thought about food. However, my stomach did growl a lot last night (or maybe that was gas - lol). Please contact me here or at my personal e-mail on my profile and I will be happy to help you in any way I can. I am only 5 days post-op myself so I'm sure we can help each other out. Thank God for this website.

Me too. I was done on the 16th (evening). But i still have discomfort. Cant tell if it's gas or the wounds. Except when i cough which is the worst and knowit's the wounds. But I'm hoping each day gets easier.

Feel better both of you-- this is the hardest part -- I wasn't feeling good until 5 days after surgery, and then wasn't feeling normal until 2 weeks after surgery -- so, give it sometime, don't overdo it, and just rest and recover. :)

Feel better both of you-- this is the hardest part -- I wasn't feeling good until 5 days after surgery, and then wasn't feeling normal until 2 weeks after surgery -- so, give it sometime, don't overdo it, and just rest and recover. :)

Thanks. Today was a better day for sure. I went to a coffee shop with my dad, and then to a hardware store since he likes to play fixit man on the house. I was TIRED afterwards, but I think that getting up and about is a good idea. I slept about 4 hours in the afternoon. sleep is pure bliss for me, but I have an irrational fear that I won't be able to do the stomach crunch to get up.

I'm sipping from either a teaspoon or a tablespoon, and I can almost constantly sipp until I've done a cup to a cup and a half over a half hour. But my doctor did the leak test with the florescent stuff and said that I had really quick transit from the stomach to the intestine. It was cool to see the banana stomach in action on the screen.

Pain is reduced, but I still walk like an old man, and I am protecting the side with my drip which is my dominant hand.

Contemplating going to the movies tonight. The missus wants to go out.

I had my surgery this Monday, the 15th. I was discharged Wednesday morning... those first few days were rough.. I too enjoyed sleep, but was afraid to get up because of the pain. It's like everytime I stand up gravity takes hold of my "fatness" aka big belly lol!! and pulls on my incision... can we say ouch. lol They had me on liquid vicodin, but it was too much, so I am now on pills. They are a good size, but I just break them in half and they go down pretty easily. Today wasn't so bad, i've been having a sharp pain from my main incision, so I am hoping it's not infected :(

I'm really curious as to the pain that everyone talks of? Are you talking tummy muscle sore or gas pains or something else? I haven't experienced any pain except for gas pains (which my tummy rumbles some too and I'm sure it's gas) and the gas HURTS at times! I burp A LOT because I'm not one to "pass gas"! hehe The first night in the hospital they kept telling me just wait, everyday you will feel better and of course right then I was like yeah right whatever! LOL But really it is true, each day I have felt better and better!!! Even started working again (from home of course) as soon as I was out of the hospital! LOL

I had my surgery on 11/17. The gas pain was horrible in the beginning. I walked a lot in the hospital and when I got home and I think it helped. I actually had a BM today without taking any sort of laxatives. I felt like I could have done it yesterday but I couldn't work up the courage to apply myself. LOL. The abdominal pain from the surgery is what I'm experiencing now. I keep a pillow pressed into my gut to support it, but especially when I walk or cough and do my breathing exercises. I've had bad nausea and I dry-heaved once yesterday which I would pay a million dollars never to have to repeat. I seriously thought my guts ripped open. Ugh. But on another note, I can't believe that some of you are already feeling good enough to get out and about! I'm happy for you and hoping that my time will come sooner rather than later. We will all get through this together.

I'm really curious as to the pain that everyone talks of? Are you talking tummy muscle sore or gas pains or something else? I haven't experienced any pain except for gas pains (which my tummy rumbles some too and I'm sure it's gas) and the gas HURTS at times! I burp A LOT because I'm not one to "pass gas"! hehe The first night in the hospital they kept telling me just wait, everyday you will feel better and of course right then I was like yeah right whatever! LOL But really it is true, each day I have felt better and better!!! Even started working again (from home of course) as soon as I was out of the hospital! LOL

Feel better soon! I felt great day and basically backt to normal day 14. Keep us posted.