Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow and i'm terrified!!

It is the day before surg. and i am suppose to have a high protien Breakfast eg, eggs, bacon, sausage etc and im sitting here trying to get a protien shake to go down, i am so nervous, i can't eat, at noon i have to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate and then, well, you know. :o So, i am trying to calm my nerves, but it is not working. Any words of encouragement are soooo appreciated. my surg, is at 1130, need to be at the hosp at 8:30. nothing but clear fluids after noon today and npo after mid, of course.....why am i rambling? :blink:

Just breathe! ! ! You're going to do great. If you get super anxious, tell the anesthesiologist that you need something before being wheeled back. I always insist on having a pre-op cocktail to calm my nerves. I always cry like a baby before surgery, and I have to go in extremely calm because I believe that going in calm will help result in an easier recovery.

Surgery is scary, and it's okay to be nervous. Just trust your surgeon, and know that you are doing something absolutely fabulous for your future health.

I am right with you Vicki, my surgery is 8:30 tomorrow. I cannot wait till its over. I think its good to try to keep busy today. I have a paper for school I have to complete and then do housework, plus were busy with Halloween. I have been on a liquid diet since yesterday and I am so jealous of your breakfast, that is my favorite meal. I don't have to drink that drink you have to. Good luck with that.

Were going to be fine with the surgery and remember in a few months how much weight were going to lose. Were going to be able to shop any where we want and enjoy things we haven't been able to do. When are you coming home, I come home Wednesday. Please post soon as you can, I will. I'll pray for you and everyone getting there surgery this week.

Talk to you soon, Janine

thanks guys, i wish u the best too Janine, i too am suppose to come home Wed. the doc said if i feel ok i can come home tues. I promise i will post asap. vicki~

It is the day before surg. and i am suppose to have a high protien breakfast eg, eggs, bacon, sausage etc and im sitting here trying to get a protien shake to go down, i am so nervous, i can't eat, at noon i have to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate and then, well, you know. :o So, i am trying to calm my nerves, but it is not working. Any words of encouragement are soooo appreciated. my surg, is at 1130, need to be at the hosp at 8:30. nothing but clear fluids after noon today and npo after mid, of course.....why am i rambling? :blink:

Here's another 1st of November sleever, and trust me you are not the only one nervous and rambling - I'm not having one sensible thought today and can't manage to string a sentence together when I'm talking to my daughters. Once again I find it strange how much guidelines differ; I'm supposed to be at the surgery at 9 tomorrow morning and my only restriction is no food after midnight tonight and only Clear liquids tomorrow morning. Good luck to us both for tomorrow!

It is the day before surg. and i am suppose to have a high protien Breakfast eg, eggs, bacon, sausage etc and im sitting here trying to get a protien shake to go down, i am so nervous, i can't eat, at noon i have to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate and then, well, you know. :o So, i am trying to calm my nerves, but it is not working. Any words of encouragement are soooo appreciated. my surg, is at 1130, need to be at the hosp at 8:30. nothing but clear fluids after noon today and npo after mid, of course.....why am i rambling? :blink:

Here's another 1st of November sleever, and trust me you are not the only one nervous and rambling - I'm not having one sensible thought today and can't manage to string a sentence together when I'm talking to my daughters. Once again I find it strange how much guidelines differ; I'm supposed to be at the surgery at 9 tomorrow morning and my only restriction is no food after midnight tonight and only Clear Liquids tomorrow morning. Good luck to us both for tomorrow!

Here's another 1st of November sleever, and trust me you are not the only one nervous and rambling - I'm not having one sensible thought today and can't manage to string a sentence together when I'm talking to my daughters. Once again I find it strange how much guidelines differ; I'm supposed to be at the surgery at 9 tomorrow morning and my only restriction is no food after midnight tonight and only Clear Liquids tomorrow morning. Good luck to us both for tomorrow!

Good luck to you Nina, yes, your guidlines are pretty generous...well tomorrow seems to be a popular day, happy sleeve day!

Hey you guys

My surgery is tomorrow also---wow, lots of us...

I am not nervouse at all because I (we) know that I'm (we) are doing the best thing for us...

I just got home from a nice walk. I am checking these forums.

Deep breath and stay busy...

Good luck the November 1st sleevers! We will make it...:rolleyes::P:D

Ah one more thing--

Once they put us to sleep and we wake up, that is a start of a new us...

Remember these parts;

1 - sleep

2 - Awake

3 - NEW ME

:P

Goog luck and you're in my prayers!

I agree with Tiffykins!~ Breathe!!! It is okay. Surgery is definitely NOT a walk in the park, but you will be fine. Just think, after tomorrow, you can join us on the losers side. Hmm! Never thought I would enjoy being a LOSER

As everyone said, breathe! The surgery will go fine -- it will be sleep, awake, new you, but then the real work begins. You all will be fine and we look forward to seeing you all on the board when you're up to it :)

You are normal. We all have some anxiety. Surgery goes fast and the first two days will be over by Weds. sip, sip. sip and walk, walk, walk.

I am out of surgery 3 wks and am drinking normal. Remember everything is swollen and takes time to heal.

Keep us posted. You will be in my prayers. MN Mary :rolleyes:

Here's another 1st of November sleever, and trust me you are not the only one nervous and rambling - I'm not having one sensible thought today and can't manage to string a sentence together when I'm talking to my daughters. Once again I find it strange how much guidelines differ; I'm supposed to be at the surgery at 9 tomorrow morning and my only restriction is no food after midnight tonight and only Clear liquids tomorrow morning. Good luck to us both for tomorrow!

Good luck all of you Nov. 1st sleevers! You will do great. As my surgeon tells me (and probably everyone...lol)

I expect great things from you!

Good luck, you guys!!! You are going to do great! Take deep breaths and get ready for the new you!!! Hugs!

Thanks everyone, it is so nice to know everyone is rallying around us, just breathe~~~~~sigh...:rolleyes: