Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG Surgery on Thursday

Well I have great news. I was sitting at work and the head surgeon on Hunington VA called me. My first thought was now what, I really thought he was going to tell me I could not have my surgery for some reason. Then he says to me can you be here tomorrow afternoon, I was like excuse me, and he said we have an opening for Thursday can you be here tomorrow afternoon. Well called mom and she was like lets go. So I am now running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I don't even now what I need to bring with me to the hospital, and tomorrow is all Clear Liquids. I had to go to my daughter's school and tell her. I don't even have time to be nervous I have to much to do. I actually screamed at work, good thing the boss was not there. Well I don't think I will have internet access at the hospital but will be bringing my lap top. Please everyone say a prayer for me. WOW I'm still in shock!!!:scared0::):ohmy::biggrin0:

Awesome! You will surely be in my prayers. Don't over pack, you won't use 1/2 of what you bring. The most important things to pack are:

- baggy clothes to come home in ( your tummy will be swollen and tender)

- chap stick (anesthesia dries you mouth and lips and it's a little while before you can drink)

- personal pillow (I can't sleep without my own pillow)

Best of luck to you.

Wow Lisa! After everything you went through to get your sleeve and now all of a sudden...Ta da!!! That is exciting, crazy,wonderful news! Just wanted to send you best wishes for a quick recovery!

Wow I can image how excited you are. Let us know how you are doing.

When you get home.

Lisa ~ that is totally AWESOME!!!! I am so excited for you. Even though you will be 3 hours away from me (Wheeling, WV), I will be sending you some good ole West Virgina hugs for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!!! Good Luck and keep us posted!!!

WOO HOO!!! Sooo exciting!!! Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you can!! I'll be praying for ya!!!

Thanks everyone, I have calmed down a little bit, but still very excited. I have worked very hard for this surgery, and can not believe I will be heading that way tomorrow. I did even have to buy any of my supplies. I guess I will have to pick them up on the long ride home. Still not nervous, more excited then nervous. I'm sooo Happy!!!! Finally

LISA, that is great news. I know you were feeling disappointed it wasn't sooner than Dec., but now WOW it happening on Thursday. Girl... that's all you have to do was keep the faith. I will be sending positive thoughts and best wishes your way and of course be praying for you. kEEP US UPDATED WHEN YOU ARE ABLE. Good luck... baby gir!!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!:001_tongue:

Deb

great! It will be good to have it over and on the road to recovery. I had mine 6 days ago at bethesda hospital and i feel great, and you will to bring your Protein Shakes only about one or two with you. I'm very happy for you