Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How bad are your scar's?

Please tell me how bad your scars are. I see some people post that they have scars that make them look like they have a second belly button. Is this common? :confused1:

I wish I had a pic. My doctor does a single incision surgery at the belly button and it looks pretty good. He did slice outside of belly button about an inch on each side. I gave permission to do a little knick cut next to the sleeve b/c it helps if they put their camera in there. It looks like nothing.

So I'm all for not having the 5 cuts if not needed.

Hi, I had the 5 port procedure and I can't see my scars now. I applied bio-oil to the scars from month 2 to 6 and they have just faded.

Jane x

I only have 4 scars (no drain). 1 at the top is tiny and difficult to see, and then 3 in a row over my stomach area (well above the belly button!). The largest one is on the left, where they removed the stomach portion. The scars are all clean and neat, and not too noticeable at all. I'm also using Bio Oil.

I have 5 - a tiny one under my breast bone, and then the others are in more or less a line..... already they have faded a bit - I have been using Bio Oil. But the tiny one and my drain on, on my far left hand side are only about 1/4 inch in size and the others alough about 1/2 inch long have healed really well and neatly too.

at three months mine are definately still there... but fading. I haven't really put anythibg on the because I had heard that nothing really works. I'm going to check out this bio oil business though

I'm only 10 days out but mine are looking good already. One of the drain ports was a little bit ooky so I've been putting Medihoney on it. Looks better already.

Mine are fading on their own. I don't put anything on them. I don't plan to be wearing a bikini so I don't really care.

Look online. You can get it at lots of drugstore type places or online.

I have 15 different scars on my abdomen from the 4 surgeries within 16 months, and 5 different drain placements. YAY for scars ha ha ha. NOT

I applied Mederma for a couple of months, no change, they're fading, my stomach looks like a connect the dot puzzle book, but they are fading. I'm pastey white, tanning doesn't help my scar look better, they just glow brighter white, and I have zero plans of being in a bikini regardless of how tiny I get so I just ignore them. . . With the scars and stretch marks(which are this pretty little pink color, not dark, just a pale pink color) my belly resembles a little piece of Texas road map, and my belly button would be the STAR for the capital city of Austin.

I wish I had a pic. My doctor does a single incision surgery at the belly button and it looks pretty good. He did slice outside of belly button about an inch on each side. I gave permission to do a little knick cut next to the sleeve b/c it helps if they put their camera in there. It looks like nothing.

So I'm all for not having the 5 cuts if not needed.

pumpkin you are the first person on here that I have found that had the SILS my dr also does that. I was just wondering do you think that you had less pain the the 5? how was your healing time? How long till you could lay on your stomach i am a tummy sleeper and this is a worry for me? sorry for all the questions but like I said you are the first one I have found.

thanks