Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am finally myself again..ahhhh it feels so nice! I talked to my doctor and he said to start full liquid since i'm doing so good. I have ate: pudding, soft cheese, oatmeal, grits and can't wait to have everything else that's on my list. It's so nice to only eat a 1/4 of something and feel full I have never had that happen before. My swelling is almost gone and I drink and swallow just fine now. I am drinking my Protein down which the thicker shakes do still have a lil trouble getting down, it just takes it a while to make it down. I am walking and doing everything I was doing before, we even went to the grocery store yesterday! Life is going so good now and I am happy to report I am now at 260! Last month before pre-op diet I was 280:thumbup:! I wanted to kinda tell my day by day story of post-op so here's up to day 6.

Day 1- In some pain but dealing with it okay. Still on chips and sips but can't hardly swallow them down. I did throw up about 4 times while in the hospital due to the swelling in my throat. sleeping mostly as the meds are still in my system. Taking it slow but trying to walk a couple mins at a time. I am going to the bathroom but it did take me about 5 mins of sitting there to finally be able to pee:mellow:! Just resting...later that evening I got to come home..Yipee!

Day 2- Ugh, the worst of my days I think. I did take some pain med this day. Still walking as much as I can, circled the bed I don't know how many times. Trying to keep my Fluid in, swelling is still bad in my throat and my sternum hurts with every swallow. Jello and sf popsicles are the only things I can manage to get down. Resting, resting, resting the best thing to do! Not too much pain form my cuts, they are looking okay.

Day 3- Getting slowly better at standing and walking longer. Done taking pain meds and taking liquid tylenol. Still living off Jello and my popsicles, although I do notice that luke warm Water goes down okay but still have pain in my sturnum. Resting as much as I can and walking around as much as I can. Woke up in middle of night with acid:eek: oh boy did it hurt! I forgot to take my pepcid before bed, not making that mistake again. Waited abouy 30 mins and fell back alseep.

Day 4- I have arrived, the first day I finally feel normal! Swelling has gone way down and I can drink and eat my liquids so much better! I slept for the first night all the way through and feel great! I can sleep on my stomach now (just have to be careful rolling over.) Taking no meds except my pepcid! Tried getting some Protein in today with a shake. I was able to drink about a 1/4 of it. Walking as much as I want and resting when i'm not. My first full night's sleep..it felt sooo goood! Cuts are doing good and still not having any pain form them at all.

Day 5- I'm me, I'm me...well just without my stomach:lol0:! Today has been the best day yet. I am feeling so good! I am able to eat and drink like normal (with a sleeve) and feel my sleeve has finally adjusted and relaxed! I still get gurggles and burp with I drink but I know that's gonna be there for a while. I really haven't had any major discomfort. Took my first trip out of the house to the store. Had to get things for my full liquids week that I start:thumbup: thanks to my doc okaying me to do so! Full nights sleep last night also!

Day 6- FULL LIQUIDS! Today has been GREAT...I had some oatmeal for Breakfast. It was so nice to get to chew and swallow something thick! pudding for a snack (about 3 spoons.) Grits for lunch and then some soft cheese for a snack. I have been doing Water and gatorade in between. I did drink my Protein Shake but it was taking a long time to get down so I might have find another one to try. Today is my first day home by myself with my 19 month old and we're doing fine. I am getting full nights sleep and feeling good when I wake up! I have my 1 week post-op appt. on Thurs. I'm starting to love this sleeve:001_wub:!

Sounds fantastic! I hope to write a post just like yours in a few months. Congrats and keep going!

THANKS so much for the play-by-play. It helps those of us who are anxiously awaiting sleeve day. Knowing what to expect makes it easier.

Av

I am so happy 4 u. Keep us posted. I look forward to being were u are.

Very happy for you - your recovery is AWESOME.

Wish I had been like you, but in hindsight, the pain/nausea was only a few days.

That is great! I am glad you are doing so well. I have had almost the recovery as you. I go to the dr on thursday to get my staples removed and then I will move to full liquids.

I'm Glad your feeling well Gatormom.

Yay! I remember that magical day when I felt like me again, what a great feeling. Sounds like you are recovering well. Congratulations!!!

Sounds like you're doing well - congrats!!

Keep up the good work and good luck with your 1 week check up.

Kathy

Andrea, thank you very much for your post. It really helps a pre-op like me to see what your experience was!

Congratulations! It sounds like you're doing great! You are an inspiration to those of us waiting for surgery! Keep us posted.

Brian