Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got in about 3pm, sore but not too bad, sip,sip, sipping,walking and resting.Gnite,Carla:sleep0:

sleep tight Carla. It gets better every day.

Carla, many congrats on your sleeve, and rest up. Your body definitely needs it. Sip, walk, rest then repeat often. Take care of yourself, and we're all cheering for you ! ! !

Swiftflow, how're you doing??

Doing real good. Posted details in my blog and a brief vlog update. Links in signature below. Thanks for Asking! How did the revision go for you?

I was unable to pull up your blog but watched your video. Good idea, posting at milestones.

I'm doing pretty well. Today I was able to actually take in about a quarter cup of cream of chicken Soup. It was great. My doc has said I can use a little mylanta for the burning which has been a godsend. I was a revision so where my band port was is the where the most swelling (at least externally) is and the most tender spot. The other incisions are tiny and look great, no swelling or even discoloration.

Glad you're doing so well. You look fabulous, dahling!

wow I wish I could have cream soups...I'm sick to death of these clear liquids..and for some reason the thought of broth just totally turns me off.

Well color me the lucky one, eh? I found that the Progressive organic chicken broth was way, way better than the stuff they had at the hospital. It isn't nearly as strong. I tried the organic beef broth (it was on my doctor's diet for yesterday) and it caused a painful burning sensation at the top of my stomach. Had to use some Mylanta (at doc's suggestion) to get it tamed. So your doctor is probably very conservative and I think that's a very good thing. Hang in there. I hate Clear Liquids too because so many of them have those gross artificial sweeteners and flavorings that suck bad.

bjean

Answer me this, if we are only taking in clear liquids, basically consuming 0 calories... why does it have to be diet? wouldn't a few cal be beneficial to get the fluids in?

I wish I did have an answer! I have wondered the same thing. I asked the dietician if I could use skim milk to mix with my whey Protein Powder and she said no because of the sugars in milk. Well, aren't there some sugars in the whey Protein powder? It seems to me that it would up the amount of protein you'd be ingesting if you used skim milk. And they stress protein as being vital. So I don't understand. Anybody have a response to this and the sf/ff broth & juices?

Goodlife. I had a problem that first week with broth. But once i tried it diluted with 2/3 Water. It was a great warm feeling to my stomach, and made me feel human.

Thanks for all the encouraging words, I have to say the pain was'nt as bad as I expected and the liquids are going down good. I made my own broth with veggies and chicken so it's tasty for now.lol The Doctor's PA suggested Won Ton Soup or Onion soup from Chinese resrurants and it was really delish. Thanks all for the well-wishes.Carla:biggrin0:

Answer me this, if we are only taking in clear liquids, basically consuming 0 calories... why does it have to be diet? wouldn't a few cal be beneficial to get the fluids in?

Well they don't want pure sugar hitting your sleeved stomach. fruit juice, sweetened drinks etc are pure sugar. When I was on clears I had the Isopure plus clear Protein drinks as well which gave me some calories. Different surgeons do it different ways, but I am now on full liquids since yesterday, so skim milk and Protein powder are included. The plan I have is similar to the Hopkins plan http://www.hopkinsbayview.org/bin/c/a/nutrition_sleeve.pdf

Thats a good document for ideas on what to eat, but follow your surgeons guidelines on progression stages to be safe.